Identified! CA - Mendocino Co, 2 WhtFem Teens, Jul'79 *Francine Trimble & Kerry Graham*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by smile22, Apr 22, 2005.

1. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

I'm sure they will if someone notifies them. To do so, click on the triangle in the bottom left of the post in question.

2. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The official story is that they were alerted to it in 2015 after they changed Kerry's Date of Last Contact in NCIC from Dec'79 to Dec'78. Roselvr suggested in 2014 that they question the DLC after it was discovered that Kerry and Francine went missing together, and that Francine's DLC was in Dec'78.

Do you have an indication that someone alerted them to this prior to Roselvr?

3. Jerrod

Jerrod Well-Known Member

I realize you were going on the best information you had in 2016, but now that Lost Coast Highway has been published, it’s clear that Kerry’s sister Kelly is the one who deserves full credit for finally prevailing upon law enforcement agencies in 2012 to take seriously the information she’d been providing them since 1989, when she furnished them with the pertinent details of Kerry and Francine’s disappearance, i.e., the fact that it was 2 girls missing (not a boy & girl), and the fact that they disappeared in Dec. ‘78 (not ‘79). The first few chapters of the book reveal the true chain of events, but the first page in Chapter 8 sums up the entire fiasco quite well:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• lch.jpg
      lch.jpg
      File size:
      83.9 KB
      Views:
    DogRescuer likes this.
  4. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

OK Thanks, Jerrod. I'll remove the Match flag and replace it with Identified.

Nevertheless, Roselvr deserves kudos for connecting the dots, but we can't call this a WS Solve. The credit belongs to Kerry's sister.

5. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

I'd like to see more. I don't know if my library has a copy of the book.
    I searched the thread, I don't see that you've been following it.

I'm a missing person's advocate. I work with a lot of families to get them into NamUs and fight with each agency as much as I can. I have one case that my partner and I have been trying to get marked "resolved" since June 2017 with NCMEC. It's because of this experience that I have a good idea of what they did after her sister contacted them. It's very frustrating; we have to keep on them; my partner has even had to file a formal complaint. NCMEC doesn't appear to be interested in resolving older cases because they have too much on their plate with newer missing kids. I wish I could say more about the case we've been trying to close but I can't right now. It's disgusting what I've had happen to me from one of their supervisors. They actually went on vacation without giving me a new case worker when DNA was supposed to be taken. I learned of the vacation when I asked who the LE were contacting when they went to get the DNA sample. Thankfully I emailed someone I know at NCMEC who made it right. If it wasn't for this person all along, we wouldn't be as far as we got because they were short staffed, there was no case worker on the MP's side.

If you go back to when I originally thought Kerry may be one of the girls, you'll see what I was doing from a different end, which had I known Kerry's sister, I could have worked harder to try to get the case closed a lot sooner.

To be taken to where I got the quotes from, hit the arrow in each quote. There is record of what I did except for the many FB messages I sent Todd Matthews. One key point was getting the Mendocino Does gender changed to 2 females. Todd sent Carrie Sutherland to speak to LE within a day or 2 of me contacting him via FB. At one point my partner called LE to make sure NamUs sent in the info I gave them but they had gotten a hit on Kerry's dentals when they finally changed her missing date.

You really should take the time to read the full thread as I can't copy every post, these are just the main ones.

From memory, the biggest challenge were that the Does did not have DNA in the system until their remains were sent to Andrews base because they had a newer way to get it from degraded remains.

It all started when Kerry's sister was working on Arroyo Jane Doe. You can see how hard I was working for Kerry and Francine with the Mendocino Does while she was waiting on it.

Anyway, I'm very thankful they found their loved ones. I can't imagine how shocking it was after all of those years.

Arroyo Grande Thread - 2-09-2014 See the bold. Kerry's sister has called Arroyo's LE to compare them. The date of missing was still 1979. This got Kerry listed in NamUs if I remember correctly.

8-02-2014 Mendocino Thread

10-05-2014

11-26-2014
    11-29-2014 - Carl did their recons as 2 females

11-30-2014
    B]5-03-2015[/B]
    6-20-2015
    06-22-2015
    8-22-2015

11-10-2015
    11-10-2015

11-11-2015

katydid23 likes this.
  6. fredhead1952

fredhead1952 New Member

I am Kelly. Does anyone know the title of the book or where I might find one? I knew he was writing one but he never contacted me again.

DogRescuer likes this.
  7. pukasonqo2

pukasonqo2 Active Member

Attached Files:

8. Murder Inc

Murder Inc Well-Known Member

This case is a great example of why it's time the public takes the reigns from LE when it comes to solving murders. Does anyone have Kerry & Francine's addresses in Forestville?

9. burblestein

burblestein Well-Known Member

"Lost Coast Highway" is available through Amazon.

And from the time I began this thread, I knew the NamUS listing for date last seen was an error. In fact, this is far from the first time I have found a wrong date in NamUs or other missing persons sites. I no longer trust their veracity.

sam spade and Murder Inc like this.
  10. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

The Murder Of Kerry Ann Graham And Francine Marie Trimble
    [​IMG]

Fifteen-year-old Kerry Graham (left above) and 14-year-old Francine Trimble (right above), both of Forestville, California, went missing sometime in December 1978. On their last day alive, the girls had gone to Coddingtown Mall in Santa Rosa in order to buy Christmas gifts for their friends and family. In a strange turn of events, both girls would go missing on the same day but would be reported missing on different days. Specifically, Trimble’s mother filed a missing child report with the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office in mid-December, while the Graham family did not report their daughter missing until Christmas Eve.

As was so often the case in the 1970s, police officers believed that the girls were runaways. However, Trimble had been prescribed some medication following the removal of her appendix, and she had left this medication in her room on the day of her disappearance.

On July 8, 1979, skeletal remains were found in a shallow embankment inside the Jackson State Forest in Mendocino County, California. Examinations of the remains found that both victims had been bound with duct tape and buried in plastic bags.

These skeletons would not be identified as Graham and Trimble until 2015. Amazingly, friends and schoolmates of both girls had lived for over 30 years without ever knowing that the girls were even missing, let alone dead.

Although Graham and Trimble are only suspected victims of the Santa Rosa murderer, there is plenty of circumstantial evidence, from the use of a ravine to the fact that both girls were known to hitchhike, to suggest that they ran afoul of the unknown serial murderer...

LINK:

10 Horrific Facts About The Santa Rosa Hitchhiker Murders - Listverse

11. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

am i mistaking this for another case, or werent these ones linked to the guy who also killed the young couple on the beach?

12. cvaldez1975

13. burblestein

burblestein Well-Known Member

To the best of my knowledge, the Jenner beach murders weren't linked to any other murders.

14. cvaldez1975

the guy killed his brother later i think. see the link.