GUILTY CA - Michaela Cross, 1 month, dies of head trauma, Long Beach, 11 Aug 2011

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
This is simply horrific.

http://www.presstelegram.com/ci_19533175?source=rss_viewed

The judge was appalled:
"I think these people are a danger to society and should both be locked up," Meyer added, before ordering the defendants held on $250,000 bail each.

The pair are scheduled to return to the Long Beach Superior Court on Dec. 27, for arraignment.

I agree and I hope to god that a jury will feel the same when this goes to trial - They should get nothing less than LWOP!

She's a social worker!!!!!!!!! A social worker who works for kids!!!!!!!!!!! License revoked although she was on maternity leave.

This poor, poor baby doll.

Yeah ummmmmmmm nibbling on a one month old baby to show affection equals ciggie burns?

He's a crack user. Bad enough. What is her excuse?

http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_19013751

The couple allegedly told investigators they were force feeding the 31-day-old baby, but the Coroner's investigator said the blisters were not consistent with force feeding.

http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_19013751

Notice Momster has a cold sore? First time outbreaks are worse, typically, and could result in blisters all over the mouth. What were they doing to this poor baby?? Don't want to think what this means. Can't even imagine their horrible explanation of "force feeding" a 1 month old.

Lord have mercy on that poor child...

...."Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."

My blood is boiling. A SOCIAL WORKER. WTF :furious:

The injury that caused her death was inflicted a week before she died.

I could cry for this little princess. 31 days old. :furious:

Don't bother with any bond, any trial, just take them out back and put a bullet in them already.:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

She's a social worker????? O.M.G.

I just honestly don't know what to say. Actually, I do, but I can't say it here.

Why are they still breathing?

9 years. Unbelievable. I am aghast. This innocent new baby of 31 days, born to selfish, soulless, crack addled abusers is tortured and murdered and it all adds up to a 9 year penalty? Freaking UN-thinkable. UN-imaginable cruelty. I am unable to process this verdict and penalty.
All of this horror fits into 9 years of punishment? This to me is a bonafide death penalty worthy crime. For both. A social worker for kiddies? That should have earned her an extra 50 years, loss of license? Big fat deal. Reverse racism? Another 50 year for both in hate crime. Torture and murder, DEATH penalty. Why is a newborn infant not valued as a human with full rights and equal protection of the law as a victim as anyone else? I don't give a rats patooty if a parent or whomever is a druggie. Too stinking bad for you. Do the crime, pay the time.. and in this case, life sentence or death penalty is appropriate. Sickening how the rock of Cocaine found in his pocket probably lessened their sentences. Poor drug addicted victims, can't be held responsible. This country has gone to the dogs. We are all at risk for the insanity that abides, by both our citizens and our government. Common sense has become a superpower, and the numbers with that superpower are dwindling. Loss of common values and morals, only reinforced by our legislators. Any "handicap" you have, such as drug addiction, is so politically left wing supported, a sickening crime as committed by these two is now practically a non-crime. They need hugs, taxpayer supported therapy and a reality show post 9 year sentence. (IF they serve the full 9 years)
The sign of the times is epically disconcerting.
And our prisons ore overfilled? Yeah, easy solution..let out the pot dealers or petty thieves to parole, sentence these murdering useless blobs of irrelevant flesh to a full sentence, and YES...if needed, build more prisons and lock their arses up forever or euthanize them as appropriate. As a US citizen, wanting to live safe, AND see justice for crime victims, TAKE my tax money and get the job done.

--my WTF???? is also with the judge on this case....9 years???????

--i was going to say she needs to be FIRED , apparently she's retiring.

http://www.metnews.com/articles/2011/judg103111.htm

Judge Joan Comparet-Cassani Sets April Retirement

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Joan Comparet-Cassani has announced plans to retire at the end of April, a court spokesperson said Friday.
Comparet-Cassani, 74, did not return MetNews phone calls seeking comment.

The judge, who joined the bench in 1995, has been disciplined three times by the Commission on Judicial Performance during her career, most recently in August, and drew international attention, including denunciation by Amnesty International, after she ordered a bailiff to activate a stun belt worn by a verbally disruptive defendant in 1998.

That defendant later received a $275,000 settlement from the county, and the CJP later disclosed that Comparet-Cassani was privately admonished for her conduct in that case.

Comparet-Cassani also received an advisory letter in 2006 for questioning a criminal defense attorney in open court about where and when she went to law school, when she passed the bar, and whether she was “up to” handling the pending case.

9 years. Unbelievable. I am aghast. This innocent new baby of 31 days, born to selfish, soulless, crack addled abusers is tortured and murdered and it all adds up to a 9 year penalty? Freaking UN-thinkable. UN-imaginable cruelty. I am unable to process this verdict and penalty.
All of this horror fits into 9 years of punishment? This to me is a bonafide death penalty worthy crime. For both. A social worker for kiddies? That should have earned her an extra 50 years, loss of license? Big fat deal. Reverse racism? Another 50 year for both in hate crime. Torture and murder, DEATH penalty. Why is a newborn infant not valued as a human with full rights and equal protection of the law as a victim as anyone else? I don't give a rats patooty if a parent or whomever is a druggie. Too stinking bad for you. Do the crime, pay the time.. and in this case, life sentence or death penalty is appropriate. Sickening how the rock of Cocaine found in his pocket probably lessened their sentences. Poor drug addicted victims, can't be held responsible. This country has gone to the dogs. We are all at risk for the insanity that abides, by both our citizens and our government. Common sense has become a superpower, and the numbers with that superpower are dwindling. Loss of common values and morals, only reinforced by our legislators. Any "handicap" you have, such as drug addiction, is so politically left wing supported, a sickening crime as committed by these two is now practically a non-crime. They need hugs, taxpayer supported therapy and a reality show post 9 year sentence. (IF they serve the full 9 years)
The sign of the times is epically disconcerting.
And our prisons ore overfilled? Yeah, easy solution..let out the pot dealers or petty thieves to parole, sentence these murdering useless blobs of irrelevant flesh to a full sentence, and YES...if needed, build more prisons and lock their arses up forever or euthanize them as appropriate. As a US citizen, wanting to live safe, AND see justice for crime victims, TAKE my tax money and get the job done.

The rock of crack cocaine did not lessen their sentences. It increased his by 8 months.
Blaming this sentence on Democrats is offensive. I don't want to hug these people and I don't support drug addiction. Does this judge vote Democrat or Repub? I don't know. Do you?

i'd like to know the judge's reasoning behind the sentence. the coroner's report stated the victim's head injury was a result of being swung like a baseball bat.

Children seem to have very little value in the justice system. I don't know if it is because they are too young to vote or what. Something reduces their value in the eyes of the law and it is outrageous. When the same things are done to adults, the sentences are usually long and hard. I'm tired of people getting away with very little punishment for the horrors they inflict on children who require the most protection and have no say over their lives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back