GUILTY CA - Michelle Lozano, 17, & Bree'Anna Guzman, 22, murdered, Los Angeles, 2011 *Arrest*

Looks like trial has been moved....

Upcoming Scheduled Events

Date Time Location Dept/Room Number
August 26, 2022 09:00 AM Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center 106 PRETRIAL CONFERENCE

September 22, 2022 10:00 AM Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center 106 JURY TRIAL

link: Criminal Case Summary - Online Services - LA Court

"pretrial conference". LOL.

It could be months or years before an actual trial takes place. We've seen this over and over again in California courts. Patience, Grasshopper!*

*semi-obscure reference to 70's TV show with David Carradine

But thanks, Niner, for keeping tabs!

"pretrial conference". LOL.

It could be months or years before an actual trial takes place. We've seen this over and over again in California courts. Patience, Grasshopper!*

*semi-obscure reference to 70's TV show with David Carradine

But thanks, Niner, for keeping tabs!

Yes Patience, Grasshopper! :D

He does have the trial scheduled for Sept. 22, 2022 -so maybe, just maybe it will happen this time... hopefully! :)

Friday, August 26th:
*Pretrial Conference Hearing (@ 9am PT) – CA – Michelle Lozano (17) (found Apr. 25, 2011 along side Golden State (5) Freeway near State St. in Boyle Heights & dumped over a masonry barrier along the freeway, Los Angeles County) & Bree’Anna Guzman (22) (missing Dec. 26, 2011, Los Angeles, found Jan. 26, 2012 near the Riverside Drive onramp to the southbound Glendale (2) Freeway in the Silver Lake area. The body was apparently was dumped at the location, Los Angeles County) – *Geovanni Borjas (24 @ time of 1st crime/33/now 37) charged (2/15/18) & arraigned (5/30/18) with 2 counts of murder, forcible rape & 1 count of kidnapping (for Guzman). (Murder charges include the special circumstance allegations of multiple murders, murder during the commission of a rape involving both victims & murder during the commission of a kidnapping involving Guzman). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will not seek DP.
DNA search matched familial DNA.
Trial was set to begin on 8/12/22 continued on 9/22/22.

Court info from 9/27/18 thru 6/10/22 reference post #78 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...urdered-los-angeles-2011-arrest.158698/page-4

8/12/22 Update: Trial continuance-granted. Next pretrial hearing on 8/26/22 @ 9am & trial has been rescheduled on 9/22/22.

Still there today! Let's HOPE after 11 years this finally goes to trial....

September 22, 2022 10:00 AM Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center 106 JURY TRIAL

Thursday, Sept. 22nd:
*Trial set to begin (@ 10am PT) – CA – Michelle Lozano (17) (found Apr. 25, 2011 along side Golden State (5) Freeway near State St. in Boyle Heights & dumped over a masonry barrier along the freeway, Los Angeles County) & Bree’Anna Guzman (22) (missing Dec. 26, 2011, Los Angeles, found Jan. 26, 2012 near the Riverside Drive onramp to the southbound Glendale (2) Freeway in the Silver Lake area. The body was apparently was dumped at the location, Los Angeles County) – *Geovanni Borjas (24 @ time of 1st crime/33/now 37) charged (2/15/18) & arraigned (5/30/18) with 2 counts of murder, forcible rape & 1 count of kidnapping (for Guzman). (Murder charges include the special circumstance allegations of multiple murders, murder during the commission of a rape involving both victims & murder during the commission of a kidnapping involving Guzman). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will not seek DP.
Trial set to begin on 9/22/22.

Court info from 9/27/18 thru 6/10/22 reference post #78 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...urdered-los-angeles-2011-arrest.158698/page-4

8/12/22 Update: Trial continuance-granted. Next pretrial hearing on 8/26/22 @ 9am & trial has been rescheduled on 9/22/22.

There is no updates in the court site this morning - I shall look later in the day to see if the trial is going on. But I will post this - just in case it still is. And also not finding any articles - but only back for Mar., 2021.

Friday, Sept. 23rd:
*Trial continues (Day 2) (@ 10am PT) – CA – Michelle Lozano (17) (found Apr. 25, 2011 along side Golden State (5) Freeway near State St. in Boyle Heights & dumped over a masonry barrier along the freeway, Los Angeles County) & Bree’Anna Guzman (22) (missing Dec. 26, 2011, Los Angeles, found Jan. 26, 2012 near the Riverside Drive onramp to the southbound Glendale (2) Freeway in the Silver Lake area. The body was apparently was dumped at the location, Los Angeles County) – *Geovanni Borjas (24 @ time of 1st crime/33/now 37) charged (2/15/18) & arraigned (5/30/18) with 2 counts of murder, forcible rape & 1 count of kidnapping (for Guzman). (Murder charges include the special circumstance allegations of multiple murders, murder during the commission of a rape involving both victims & murder during the commission of a kidnapping involving Guzman). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will not seek DP.
Trial began on 9/22/22.

Court info from 9/27/18 thru 8/12/22 reference post #86 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...urdered-los-angeles-2011-arrest.158698/page-5

9/22/22 Thursday, Trial Day 1: No info available. Probably had jury selection. Trial continues on 9/23/22.

@JoeFromLB - I see you commented on this case. Can you find anything on the trial - all I am getting are articles from 2021 & the court site still says nothing about trial continuing today.

TIA if you can find something! Hoping this trial has NOT been postponed for a 3rd time.... :rolleyes:

Well - there is nothing on the court site on next date. So I will stop posting the trial until someone helps me here! :)
I am just getting very old articles over here...

@JoeFromLB - I see you commented on this case. Can you find anything on the trial - all I am getting are articles from 2021 & the court site still says nothing about trial continuing today.

TIA if you can find something! Hoping this trial has NOT been postponed for a 3rd time.... :rolleyes:
I wish I could help you. I cannot access the L.A. court site. I will keep trying.

Many of the serious murder trials get postponed over and over again. It's not unusual for many years to go by before they finally get it done. The court system is extremely overburdened, and we also have a 'progressive' D.A. who wants to release criminals right and left.

Sorry to be so negative, but it's reality here in Los Angeles County.

Looks like his trial has been moved...

October 3, 2022 10:00 AM Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center 106 JURY TRIAL

I shall keep my eye out to see if he has any hearings before than.

Monday, October 3rd:
*Trial set to begin (@ 10am PT) – CA – Michelle Lozano (17) (found Apr. 25, 2011 along side Golden State (5) Freeway near State St. in Boyle Heights & dumped over a masonry barrier along the freeway, Los Angeles County) & Bree’Anna Guzman (22) (missing Dec. 26, 2011, Los Angeles, found Jan. 26, 2012 near the Riverside Drive onramp to the southbound Glendale (2) Freeway in the Silver Lake area. The body was apparently was dumped at the location, Los Angeles County) – *Geovanni Borjas (24 @ time of 1st crime/33/now 37) charged (2/15/18) & arraigned (5/30/18) with 2 counts of murder, forcible rape & 1 count of kidnapping (for Guzman). (Murder charges include the special circumstance allegations of multiple murders, murder during the commission of a rape involving both victims & murder during the commission of a kidnapping involving Guzman). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will not seek DP.
Trial was set to begin on 9/22/22 continued on 10/3/22.

Court info from 9/27/18 thru 8/12/22 reference post #86 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...urdered-los-angeles-2011-arrest.158698/page-5

9/22/22 Update: Trial was reset to begin on 10/3/22.

Well - the court site has not been updated to show trial for today - but I will go ahead & post this - and check it out later today.

Tuesday, October 4th:
*Trial continues (Day 2) (@ 10am PT) – CA – Michelle Lozano (17) (found Apr. 25, 2011 along side Golden State (5) Freeway near State St. in Boyle Heights & dumped over a masonry barrier along the freeway, Los Angeles County) & Bree’Anna Guzman (22) (missing Dec. 26, 2011, Los Angeles, found Jan. 26, 2012 near the Riverside Drive onramp to the southbound Glendale (2) Freeway in the Silver Lake area. The body was apparently was dumped at the location, Los Angeles County) – *Geovanni Borjas (24 @ time of 1st crime/33/now 37) charged (2/15/18) & arraigned (5/30/18) with 2 counts of murder, forcible rape & 1 count of kidnapping (for Guzman). (Murder charges include the special circumstance allegations of multiple murders, murder during the commission of a rape involving both victims & murder during the commission of a kidnapping involving Guzman). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will not seek DP.
Trial began on 10/3/22.

Court info from 9/27/18 thru 9/22/22 reference post #92 here:

10/3/22 Monday, Trial Day 1: Jury selection?? No info available. Trial continues on 10/4/22.

Finding absolutely NOTHING on this case - but the court site says Jury Trial in Progress.

Wednesday, October 5th:
*Trial continues (Day 3) (@ 10am PT) – CA – Michelle Lozano (17) (found Apr. 25, 2011 along side Golden State (5) Freeway near State St. in Boyle Heights & dumped over a masonry barrier along the freeway, Los Angeles County) & Bree’Anna Guzman (22) (missing Dec. 26, 2011, Los Angeles, found Jan. 26, 2012 near the Riverside Drive onramp to the southbound Glendale (2) Freeway in the Silver Lake area. The body was apparently was dumped at the location, Los Angeles County) – *Geovanni Borjas (24 @ time of 1st crime/33/now 37) charged (2/15/18) & arraigned (5/30/18) with 2 counts of murder, forcible rape & 1 count of kidnapping (for Guzman). (Murder charges include the special circumstance allegations of multiple murders, murder during the commission of a rape involving both victims & murder during the commission of a kidnapping involving Guzman). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will not seek DP.
Trial began on 10/3/22.

Court info from 9/27/18 thru 9/22/22 reference post #92 here:

10/3/22 Monday, Trial Day 1: Jury selection?? No info available. Trial continues on 10/4/22.
10/4/22 Tuesday, Trial Day 2: No info in court site for today’s date. Trial continues on
10/5/22.

What court room? Is this the Clara Shortridge Foltz courthouse? Do you have a case number?

I have seen this before in other cases, where the site says only "trial continues" or "Jury Trial" for each day. Rest assured that if there's a verdict the media will jump in with a story. Until then, nothing. The L.A. Times, for example, is a tiny newspaper now, a shred of what it used to be. They won't cover this until there's an outcome.
It's a positive sign that an actual trial seems to be finally happening.

What court room? Is this the Clara Shortridge Foltz courthouse? Do you have a case number?

This is the last entry

October 4, 2022 10:00 AM Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center 106 JURY TRIAL IN PROGRESS

Criminal Case Summary
Case Number:
XCNBA453097-01
Defendant Name: BORJAS, GEOVANNI
Violation Date
April 24, 2011
Filing Date:
February 15, 2018
Courthouse:
Central District

Court site finally caught up!

October 6, 2022 10:00 AM Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center 106 JURY TRIAL IN PROGRESS

and still not finding ANY articles on this trial....

Thursday, October 6th:
*Trial continues (Day 4) (@ 10am PT) – CA – Michelle Lozano (17) (found Apr. 25, 2011 along side Golden State (5) Freeway near State St. in Boyle Heights & dumped over a masonry barrier along the freeway, Los Angeles County) & Bree’Anna Guzman (22) (missing Dec. 26, 2011, Los Angeles, found Jan. 26, 2012 near the Riverside Drive onramp to the southbound Glendale (2) Freeway in the Silver Lake area. The body was apparently was dumped at the location, Los Angeles County) – *Geovanni Borjas (24 @ time of 1st crime/33/now 37) charged (2/15/18) & arraigned (5/30/18) with 2 counts of murder, forcible rape & 1 count of kidnapping (for Guzman). (Murder charges include the special circumstance allegations of multiple murders, murder during the commission of a rape involving both victims & murder during the commission of a kidnapping involving Guzman). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will not seek DP.
Trial began on 10/3/22.

Court info from 9/27/18 thru 9/22/22 & Trial Days 1-2 (10/3 to 10/4/22) reference post #94 here:

10/5/22 Wednesday, Trial Day 3: No info available. Trial continues on 10/6/22.

Jury selection begins on October 17 and the testimony will begin on October 24. Nothing until October 17. I don't predict there will be a plea deal in the meantime. It seemed like not much happened today except final preparations for an actual trial.

I'm curious what you all think about this case?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back