CA CA - Michelle Xavier, 19, & Jennifer Duey, 20, Fremont, 1 February 1986

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Still looking in MS, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Still looking in MS

Still looking in MS New Member

I have been (trying) to look into the murders of Michelle Xavier (19) and Jennifer Duey (20) in 1986 in Fremont, CA, whose bodies were discovered "off Mill Creek Road." Specifically, I am trying to look into whether it was possible that Tommy Lynn Sells could have been responsible for their deaths. I have not been able to find any information about these cases, however, and Diane Fanning's book on Tommy Lynn Sells relates that Sells "may have" killed them. Apparently one of them was killed by being shot in the head, while the other one had her throat sliced. (I unfortunately do not know which is which or any other details; these victims are mentioned only in passing on p. 39 of Diane Fanning's book). The only information I have been able to find at all is a find-a-grave picture of Jennifer Duey's tombstone. IF this is the correct Jennifer Duey, it reports her date of death as Feb. 1st, 1986. However, Sells was in prison in Missouri at that particular time on an auto theft charge, and was not paroled until May of 1986. Does anyone know anything about these two unfortunate young women's demise? Thank you in advance for reading.

2. hideoustroll

hideoustroll Member

3. Still looking in MS

Still looking in MS New Member

Thanks for the link. I had seen a similar article, and it seems like there was a reader saying something like "I wish they'd solve the Duey-Xavier murders back in 1986..." I'm assuming they are still open and (very cold) cases. The find-a-grave photo of Jennifer Duey's tombstone DOES show a small picture of Ms. Duey on her tombstone. I've never seen a photo of Ms. Javier. Please, if anyone has photos or other information, share!
    Thank you again.

4. hideoustroll

hideoustroll Member

5. SophieRose

SophieRose Well-Known Member

From a February 4, 1986 San Jose Mercury article:

6. SophieRose

SophieRose Well-Known Member

From a February 5, 1986 San Jose Mercury article:

7. drawthis

drawthis Member

8. Bird of Paradise

Bird of Paradise Well-Known Member

9. curiosityscat

curiosityscat Member

People/Crime, by Steve Helling, “32 Years after Best Friends were Murdered, Police use DNA Evidence to make an Arrest”, 03/07/2018@9:53am

http://people.com/crime/32-years-later-dna-arrest-murder-michelle-xavier-jennifer-duey/

⬆️Has a “People Now Update”, video (does not offer any new info., except the arrest of Misch)...
    But, it does have a nice[emoji919]⤴️picture of the girls together.

[emoji777]NOTE: In the video, the date that they show is 02/02/1986, NOT 02/01/1986[emoji845] Not sure why, as this is my 1st viewing of this case; however, I did note the discrepancy between the WS’s 1st posting & date mentioned, and then the above video’s referenced date of occurrence/crime, just fyi [emoji777]

***Note:The above is only my own opinions, thoughts, theories; unless otherwise indicated by a website URL and/or reference to an origin source..Thanks!

Please note: My “Thank” clicking is glitchy & often does not register or subtracts mine after I’ve clicked someone’s, ‘Thank’

The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next!

10. CastlesBurning

CastlesBurning Well-Known Member

Bumping for Michelle and Jennifer, as we approach the 34th anniversary

11. Brotherfudz

Brotherfudz Active Member

Weird, Police got the DNA hit in 2003 but didn’t make the announcement until 2018...nothing online since March 2018

Romans12 and Murder Inc like this.
  12. Legally Bland

Legally Bland Well-Known Member

Misch has been charged in another cold case:

More than three decades after nine-year-old Michaela Joy Garecht vanished without a trace after riding her scooter to a California market, a convicted killer has been charged with kidnapping and murder in the cold case.

Alameda County District Attorney Nancy O’Malley on Monday announced that the felony charges have been filed against David Misch, 59, in connection to Garecht's disappearance in November 1988 at the Rainbow Market parking lot in Hayward, California.

The blond, blue-eyed girl's body was never recovered.

Man who 'kidnapped and killed' missing nine-year-old Michaela Garecht is charged with murder | Daily Mail Online

WS thread for Michaela:
    Deceased/Not Found - CA - Michaela Garecht, 9, Hayward, 19 Nov 1988

faithx likes this.