CA - Mom Drowns Twin Baby Boys in Motel After Leaving Women's Shelter, Tulare, Dec 2018

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by MsFacetious, Dec 9, 2018.

1. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

A California mother is accused of drowning her 10-month-old twin boys in the bathtub of a motel where she had been staying after leaving a women’s shelter, PEOPLE confirms.

Police in Tulare say Heather Langdon, 37, faces murder charges for the deaths of her sons, Mason and Maddox Murguia.

Mom Allegedly Drowns Twin 10-Month-Old Boys in Motel Where She'd Been Given a Free Stay

I wonder if this is going to be a PPP defense...or perhaps a "mercy" killing defense to protect them from the father since she was at a shelter?

I always wanted twin boys after having girls extremely close together. :(

2. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

I wish there were a way we could communicate with some of these women before they murder their children, tell them there are people who care, who will help them. I would do whatever humanly possible to keep a mother from killing her children and I know most people on here would too.

Eloise, beth272, kimpage and 22 others like this.
  3. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

I know, I've thought the same thing. But what mother is going to say "I want to kill my child" before they actually do it?

I've thought the same thing about these fathers who kill their entire family. Like if they would just say "I'm feeling like my only way out is to kill us all" then I'm sure the mom would happily let them leave with no strings attached!

However, I KNOW that is not reasonable or logical. I understand that. I just always look back.... Shannan certainly would have preferred Chris to leave her for his mistress and to be a single mother! I wish there was a way...

d4j, kimpage, kareylou and 16 others like this.
  4. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

She was asked to leave the shelter because she caused some kind of disturbance. What I don't understand is why the shelter didn't report her to CPS when they put her up free in the motel.

d4j, Baciagalupo, beth272 and 8 others like this.
  5. Soulmagent

Soulmagent Well-Known Member

6. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

She obviously had problems. Did no one see it?

7. Bohemian

Bohemian Well-Known Member

Is that a thumbnail of her two little babies? Poor little mites. Vale Mason and Maddox. Prayers of strength and comfort to all who truly loved them x

8. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

9. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

Yes, a troubled, overwhelmed person.

10. Bohemian

11. alucardsdream

alucardsdream Well-Known Member

That FB post was a huge cry for help...it seems like a lot of people fall through the cracks of our mental health system. She likely won't get adequate treatment if she ends up going to jail for the rest of her life, either. The entire situation is just so tragic.

12. JanetElaine

JanetElaine Well-Known Member

Here's another article, first one is behind GDPR: Mother drowns twins in Virginia motel bathtub

"Another resident Maria Marez said she ran into Langdon's room when she heard her [Langdon - JE] call for help.

Marez said, "She kept saying that 'i almost drowned them. I almost drowned by babies' and she was trying to help the babies. But I didn't know that they were already deceased.""

13. JanetElaine

14. Bohemian

15. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

16. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Monday, Dec. 10th:
    *Detention Hearing (@ PT) – CA- Mason & Maddox Murguia (10 mos) (Dec. 6, 2018, Tulare) - *Heather Marie Langdon (37) arrested & charged (12/6/18) with 2 counts of murder & willful child endangerment. Held without bond.
    Drowned her twins in motel bathtub.

17. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

She's in some incredibly dark, emotional pain. Very, very sad case.

18. YESorNO

EXCLUSIVE: Aunt of twin babies allegedly drowned by mother speaks out (with clip)

"TULARE COUNTY, California - "I'm angry when I think about her and I'm sad but I don't feel like this is real."

The sister of the woman, who Tulare Police say drowned her twin babies in a motel bathtub, speaks to us as her family tries to pick up the pieces.

Teresa Langdon says she just saw her sister Heather last weekend. That's the last time they spent time together. Now Teresa has to bury her nephews Mason and Maddox Murguia as her little sister remains in Tulare County Jail.

Less than 48 hours since tragedy struck Teresa Langdon and her family, she sat down with me and read the letter she prepared for loved ones.

"We will never put the pieces back together but we ask that you keep us all in your prayers as we do the best we can," said Teresa.

Teresa got the call at work, news of her younger sister Heather from her sobbing mother.

"Honestly I thought my sister had killed herself," said Teresa...."

EXCLUSIVE: Aunt of twin babies allegedly drowned by mother speaks out

[​IMG]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

19. YESorNO

[​IMG]
    (Mason and Maddox Murguia)

kimpage, Niner, RosalindaA and 3 others like this.
  20. JanetElaine

""Honestly I thought my sister had killed herself," said Teresa....""

It makes me so sad to read this. People did see the signs. Why didn't anyone help her before she tried to suicide or even worse now, drowned her babies... My heart breaks about this whole situation.