CA CA - Monique Figueroa, 28, Littlerock, 19 May 2015

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by los2188, May 29, 2015.

1. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

agreed. seems like no one cares or are afraid.

2. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

I believe fear definitely is one reason people are afraid to speak up, or to become involved. But it looks like there was a decent turn out for the vigil, so that's encouraging.

Remember, LE was very hush-hush about the murder arrests. Let's hope something's cooking in the background that's being withheld from publication. :crossfingers:

3. fizzypop

fizzypop Member

Honestly once I took one look at that boyfriend I knew this was going to be no good. I hope she was not letting these gang people around her child. How did she afford that Mercedes SUV? Was she profiting from the gang lifestyle of those she was affiliated with? I agree all this stuff with the gangs is probably scaring people off as well as making people less sympathetic, and that's why we're not hearing anything. I also agree with those who think she will be found in the desert.

I really wish we knew what LE was doing, under the circumstances her family and friends shouldn't have to pay to hire a PI to find out what happened to her. I hope I'm wrong about the whole thing but there is just nothing about this that looks good. I pray for her family and her daughter she is found and she can have a second chance and get away from these gang people and stay out of harms way. Move to Idaho, I don't know. This one is gonna take a miracle though, I think.

4. bessie

About the vehicle, it was a 2004 model.

5. Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin New Member

6. T0pS3cr3t

T0pS3cr3t New Member

What is going on with this one? I've been following and noticed the Find Mo Facebook page has disappeared, and nothing on the Buttonwillow race they did....

7. cvaldez1975

It's been strangely quiet for some time.

8. bessie

Welcome to Websleuths. This FB is still open. Not much about the race, though.

https://www.facebook.com/monique.figueroa.18

9. T0pS3cr3t

T0pS3cr3t New Member

Thanks for the welcome! Cool community and thoughtful input.

I meant the group for Finding Mo. It was around last week but disappeared this week and haven't heard or seen anything...

10. Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin New Member

Small town, scary perps, hush-hush (for their own protection) investigations - I think the family has been warned to stay out of the spotlight. Now as to *who* may have warned them...

11. mmh318

mmh318 New Member

The Finding Mo fundraising page is still up, but hardly getting any donations. Everything about this case is very odd to me.

12. T0pS3cr3t

T0pS3cr3t New Member

Agreed! Lack of information, action, organization.... There is so much speculative information and NO updates since the vehicle was found. I keep checking...

13. T0pS3cr3t

T0pS3cr3t New Member

So a few things bugging me

HOW was the car found? A tip? Someone saw something? It was found on someone's property and reported?

I thought she was listed on crime stoppers
    http://www.lacrimestoppers.com/missing.aspx?PageNum=1

But isn't now..

Also not on https://www.findthemissing.org/

Still listed on LASD site

http://shq.lasdnews.net/pages/patrolstation.aspx?id=PLM

Most recent article I can find
    http://theavtimes.com/2015/10/07/sa...k-woman-to-be-held-at-willow-springs-raceway/

MFs father says:

Though Jeff could not talk about any developments in the case, he told The AV Times that Los Angeles County Sheriff’s detectives “got more information and are currently working on some [leads] this week.”

“We’re just trying to find Monique and bring her back home safely,” he said by phone. “I can’t jeopardize the search for my daughter by the detectives, but maybe we’ll know more by this weekend. … All we want is to bring closure to the family, and pray that she comes home safe.”

Right around this time is when all social media efforts disappeared and total silence now...

I'm speculating like crazy

14. mmh318

mmh318 New Member

What are you speculating? It's been my belief that they know she's alive and in hiding somewhere. Not based on anything other than my own hunch.

15. mmh318

mmh318 New Member

What are you speculating? It's been my belief that they know she's alive and in hiding somewhere. Not based on anything other than my own hunch.

16. cvaldez1975

I think she's buried in the desert.

Her bf killed someone in front of her and was also involved in a double murder and attempted murder shortly before that. She was charged w some bring and the homies thought she was the weakest link.

17. T0pS3cr3t

T0pS3cr3t New Member

This is what I hope. Would be an awesome resolution, and interesting story. That she is safe and in hiding

18. cvaldez1975

I wish that too, but I highly doubt it.

19. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

20. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

Her mom got in touch with me on Facebook not that long ago and she is still missing. They know nothing and are desperate for answers. Like cvaldez, I do think her dirtbag boyfriend's gang is behind it, and they will never tell anyone where she is. :/