CA CA - Monique Figueroa, 28, Littlerock, 19 May 2015

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by los2188, May 29, 2015.

1. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

Vail likes this.

2. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Monique Figueroa told her family on May 19, 2015, that she was heading from her father's home in Littlerock, California to visit friends in Los Angeles. Police recovered her 2004 Mercedes abandoned in a rural area outside the city several days later. Forensic tests were conducted, but no clues to Monique's disappearance were uncovered. After an anonymous tip was phoned in, a search was conducted near Palmdale, California in June of this year, but nothing of significance was found. It was only one of several searches conducted over the past year in relation to the case. Foul play has not been ruled out.

[​IMG]

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...ssing-america-65-people-still-missing-n691281

3. cvaldez1975

that area is vast desert. I hope she is found someday. wonder what is up w her bf's cases.

4. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

I just watched the Erin Corwin case on Dateline and thought of Monique and other girls going missing out in these areas of CA - in Erin's case it took so many resources and hours to search all the mine shafts in the Joshua Tree National Park, I can't imagine what it would take to search the area around Littlerock with no lead on where to begin. If she is out there, I hope someone brags or someday someone comes across her the way the McStay family was found.

I haven't found any updated info on smiley's status but will look deeper in the morning - hopefully that doesn't mean he was released!

5. cvaldez1975

I don't think so. but stranger things... please update me!

6. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Love Drove This Mom to Selling Meth and Then Death
    Much much more at the link. IMO, the article is a must read for those interested in Monique's case.

Suglo likes this.
  7. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

What a tragedy all around. I am really happy someone cares enough to tell the story and dig up the facts.

8. cvaldez1975

So it is possible her selling dope opened other motives for her disappearance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The playing both sides portion of the article was something new that I had never heard before, and it definitely creates at least a few more possible motives/perps or group of perps that I hadn't previously considered.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-this-mom-to-selling-meth-and-then-death.html

Vail likes this.
  10. mxprincess399

mxprincess399 Well-Known Member

Lots of upset folks on the Monique Figueroa Facebook page in regards to this article. Family claims to know the source and says the story if false.

11. cvaldez1975

i went to go look but fb acting stupid. i am in that group but the page is just white when i click on it

12. Riverking21

Riverking21 Former Member

That's a lot of detail in that article.,We have mutual friends. I don't know how much of it is true, but it's plausible IMO. You get caught up in that life style it's bound to comeback and bite you. Sad, Sad deal. I hope one day someone will give the family closure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. cvaldez1975

14. JerseyGirl

15. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Well-Known Member

Authorities have determined that some of the remains discovered near Palmdale on Thursday are human, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said.

The county coroner’s office identified the remains Friday. It is unclear whether the human bones belong to more than one person, the Sheriff’s Department said.

Coroner determines remains found near Palmdale are human - Los Angeles Times

The bones were found in Littlerock. I've tried to locate a thread for this but haven't been able too.

Linda 61, Alcina and Vail like this.
  16. LaborDayRN

The bones of three people were found buried near a burnt-out home near Los Angeles, authorities said Friday, but investigators haven't said whether they are connected to the January disappearance of three people in the same area.

The remains were uncovered near unincorporated Littlerock.

Investigators were sent to the area on Thursday. They dug up the remains on the property of a burnt-out home and burned car in the area known as Juniper Hills.

Remains of 3 people found near Los Angeles

Claudius, Alcina and Vail like this.
  17. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Remembering Cupcake

Thread for the three missing people (that they may have found): CA - CA - Jose Lara Paez, Cuauhtemoc Lara, & Julieta Arvizu, Littlerock, 14 Jan 2018

Linda 61 and LaborDayRN like this.
  18. LaborDayRN

Gardener1850 likes this.
  19. JerseyGirl

Monique Figueroa told her family on May 19, 2015, that she was heading from her father’s home in Littlerock, California to visit friends in Los Angeles. Police recovered her 2004 Mercedes abandoned in a rural area outside Los Angeles several days later. Forensic tests were conducted, but no clues to Monique’s disappearance were uncovered. Several searches conducted over the past two years in relation to the case have not yielded anything significant. “I love my daughter; I would love her remains to be found and this case brought to a closure,” her father Jeff told Dateline in June 2016. Foul play has not been ruled out. When reached in November of 2018, police say they have potential leads that they are about to begin investigating. There is a reward for up to $20,000 for information leading to Monique’s whereabouts.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Suglo, Linda 61, LaborDayRN and 2 others like this.
  20. GuyfromCanada

GuyfromCanada Well-Known Member

LITTLEROCK — Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Homicide Detectives have renewed their call for assistance in locating a Littlerock woman who has been missing since 2015.

Littlerock woman remains missing