CA CA/OH/LA/MS/TX - SAMUEL LITTLE, aka Samuel McDowell, 1970's thru 2012, Serial Killer

Can we go into the missing files for these states and help identify possible victims

• Total voters
Marcia King was strangled and beaten wonder if she ran across him from Arkansas to PA hitchiking , I need to look at timeline and haven't yet but just throwing that out there

The ME said the Maryland Jane Doe was between 5'2 and 5'6 with red or light colored hair. Karen O'Donoghue was 5'8 but did have light colored hair. She was 25 when she went missing and the ME thinks the Jane Doe was approximately 19. There are enough similarities that it would seem worthwhile to show this killer her picture and ask him. The Texas Rangers believe he has a near photographic memory. I hope they can get as much information out of him as possible before his health and mind fail.

Serial killer may die in Texas where he says he killed 3 of his 90 victims

"...Samuel Little, 78, has been in the Ector County jail since October and previously was housed in Wise County while law enforcement from across the country interviewed him about his possible involvement in slayings from 1970 to 2005.

So far, authorities have tied Little to 34 of the slayings he confessed to. Little, whose health is declining, will likely die in Texas, the FBI said in a written statement Tuesday.

"The goal now is to identify his victims and provide closure and justice in unsolved cases," the agency said. ..."

Serial killer may die in Texas where he says he killed 3 of his 90 victims | Crime | Dallas News
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The volume of murders commited is mind boggling .... but did he actually do it HLL like to notoriaty he "confessed" to more than he actually committed.

would like to see a map of where he lived and traveled a cross the country
I was just thinking about your girl on Sig/ wonder where he was in 86?

Phenix City cold case to be presented to grand jury after suspect admits to murder

PHENIX CITY, AL (WTVM) - Phenix City police say one of the most brutal killers in American history has ties to the murder of a Columbus woman found on 7th Street.

78-year-old Samuel Little has confessed to nearly 100 homicides which is giving investigators in Russell County a chance to close a cold case.

“I think it’s the first murder scene I ever went to as a prosecutor, and I went with the chief deputy at the time," recalls Russell County District Attorney Ken Davis.

Just short of 40 years ago, Davis went to the crime scene in Phenix City where 23-year-old Brenda Alexander’s body was found.
[.....]
“He was the perpetrator who gave information only the perpetrator could’ve been privileged to," says Davis.

Little is the man Phenix City police say admitted to the brutal murder of Alexander.

Serial Killer's Ties To Florida Under USF Microscope

And while the number of unidentified women in the project is shockingly high, so is the fact that Little was just one of 36 known serial killers who was in the Florida area at some point during that time period.

Brenda Stevenson is a civilian cold case investigator with the St. Petersburg Police Department who has worked with Kimmerle in trying to identify these victims.

“Tracking Little’s activities and his geographic locations is going to help us place him in the area of some of our Jane and John Does,” said Stevenson. “It’s become public knowledge that he’s confessed to some murders and we don’t even have bodies to match up to some of the cases that he’s confessing to.”

The savannah confessions seem ripe for a crowd-sourcing research project. So, I'm just gonna start posting links to unidentified remains in that area if anyone wants to take off with any of them.

This article is a few weeks old 11/30 but thought it was worth the post as it provided a list of confessed murders some may have since been matched.

How Little got away with so many is just mind boggling .... :eek:

FBI: Serial killer confesses to 4 Louisiana murders, 1 in Monroe

samuel-little-map.jpg

78-year-old Samuel Little claims to have killed a 24-year-old black woman in the Monroe area sometime between 1987 and the early '90s. Since the confession is based on Little's recollection from decades ago, the information is considered an approximation.

Confessions in the Louisiana, Arkansas, Texas, and Mississippi, according to the FBI:

New Orleans, Louisiana
Unmatched Confession: Black female killed in 1973. Victim possibly called "Sarah." Victim possibly worked at a restaurant in New Orleans.
Unmatched Confession: White female killed in 1982.

Plaquemine, Louisiana
Unmatched Confession: Black female killed in 1978 or 1979.

Monroe, Louisiana
Unmatched Confession: Black female, age 24, killed between 1987 and the early 1990s.

North Little Rock, Arkansas
Unmatched Confession: Black female killed in 1992 or 1993.

Pine Bluff, Arkansas
Unmatched Confession: Black female killed between 1990 and 1997.

West Memphis, Arkansas
Unmatched Confession: Black female between 28-29 years old killed in 1984. Victim picked up in Memphis, Tennessee.

Jackson, Mississippi
Unmatched Confession: Black male, age 16, killed in 1984.

Gulfport, Mississippi
Unmatched Confession: Black female, age 22, killed between 1980 and 1984.
Unmatched Confession: Black female between 27-29 years old killed in 1988.
Unmatched Confession: Black female between 23-24 years old killed in 1988.

Pascagoula, Mississippi
Confession Matched to a Jane Doe: Black female between 35-45 years old killed in 1977. Met the victim in Gulfport, Mississippi. Victim possibly from Pascagoula. Victim possibly worked at Ingalls Shipyard.

Wow. This could keep us busy for years.

Uhh huh ...
fabf9a56_msn-emotions-pig-8.gif

The majority of his victims are identified but appears their are many that are not could be MP's / UID's or a victim of an unsolved murder case. "90" victims is the number, I do wonder if it is "90" Little has actually confessed to or if Little provided LE with a round about figure. I also wonder if anyone else has been convicted of a crime that Little actually committed.

Serial killer who confessed to 90 murders pleads guilty in Texas woman's 1994 death

ODESSA, Texas — A 78-year-old prisoner who says he killed about 90 people over nearly four decades as he moved around the country pleaded guilty to murder Thursday in the 1994 strangulation of a Texas woman.

Samuel Little entered his plea in the West Texas city of Odessa, where the body of Denise Christie Brothers was discovered in a vacant lot about a month after she disappeared. He received another life prison term, Ector County District Attorney Bobby Bland said in a statement.
[.....]
Little, who is in poor health and relies on a wheelchair, offered his confessions as a bargaining chip to be moved from the Los Angeles County prison where he was being held, the FBI said last month. It said he'll likely stay in jail in Texas until his death.

more in article about other murders.

Also wondering if other DAs are going to try him for the murders he confessed to - are they going to go "thru the process" of charging him? TIA!

10615670-3x2-700x467.jpg

How an Australian helped identify America's 'worst serial killer' Samuel Little

James Glenday and John Mees
Updated 11 minutes ago

The investigators said Mr Little can be charismatic and has a pretty good memory.

Places, streets, trees and cars where he struck are stuck in his mind.

Only one or two murders have been muddled. Is it 90, 91 or 92 in total? They are still not entirely sure, though they are confident it is about that number.

Unlike some psychopaths, he refuses to claim credit for cases that are not his work, and reliving his evil deeds seems to make the old man excited and give him pleasure.

"I don't question his credibility at all," Ms Palazzolo said.

"I think he really is responsible for all the cases he's told us about, it's just a matter of finding them."

Only 36 have been verified so far.

How an Aussie helped identify America's 'worst serial killer'

Confessed Serial Killer Provides Sketch of Woman He Says He Killed in 1972 | Southern Maryland News Net

Earlier this week, convicted serial killer, Samuel Little, sketched this drawing of a young woman he confessed to killing in Prince George’s County in 1972. The department’s Cold Case Unit hopes this image will finally lead detectives to uncovering the victim’s name

According to Little, he picked up the victim at a bus station on New York Avenue in the District of Columbia. Little says the victim indicated she was recently divorced and from the Massachusetts area. She may also have been a mother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back