GUILTY CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, died, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #3

I reread the article and I think I found the confusion. Apparently his hearing was scheduled for the morning, and it was reported he didn't show.

But he did appear in the afternoon. So it might have been a miscommunication.

Suspect in Calabasas burglaries fails to show for court appearance

"The man arrested after a series of burglaries in a rural part of Calabasas, not far from Malibu Creek State Park, failed to appear for a violation hearing in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom Thursday morning.

At an afternoon hearing Anthony Rauda then began yelling and banging on a holding cell window after the judge refused to remove the public defender’s office as Rauda’s attorney of record.

"Excuse me, your honor, I'd like to speak," Rauda, 42, said.

When the judge refused to hear the statement and advised Rauda to, "speak through his attorney," Rauda began yelling. "I'm not going to cooperate with the public defender's office!" he said, before swearing at the officials in the courtroom."

Thousand Oaks, CA., scene of the most current mass shooting, is only an 11 minute drive to Agoura Hills, which is very near Malibu State Park. The shooter was a young (28) yo ex-Marine with mental health issues who lived at home with his mother. Curious as to possible connection to the park's shootings/murder.

Thousand Oaks, CA., scene of the most current mass shooting, is only an 11 minute drive to Agoura Hills, which is very near Malibu State Park. The shooter was a young (28) yo ex-Marine with mental health issues who lived at home with his mother. Curious as to possible connection to the park's shootings/murder.

It won't surprise me if TB's shooter turns out to be the same sort of person.

I agree somewhat, except that in this case the shooter wasn't suicidal, and was careful not to get caught. So I think, possibly a less desperate/disturbed person.

Yes, but still the same general type.

Or maybe not. Truthfully, with so little to go on, there aren't a lot of possibilities that would surprise me.

I was just talking to a friend who was up all night trying to rescue horses. Horse owners near Kanan had to abandon their properties and couldn't get their horses out due to road closures.

Malibu might be beautiful at times but these crises are just too frequent.

I hope the gates were left open for the horses, at least. I can only imagine the panic residents must be feeling. Pls. keep your fellow Websleuths updated, Passepartout, Katydid23, and any other locals. Times are unnerving.

An update of sorts...

My friend who's trying to get some horses out called Animal Services to beg and plead. They gave her phone number to a sheriff, presumably one from the Lost Hills substation.

The deputy called her and they had an exchange of calls during which the sheriff was trying to get to the property with the horses and they were brainstorming on possible ways to get in there. Unfortunately, there's no way in right now - not even for the deputy - but there is some comfort in knowing that you can reach out to LASD and get a real offer to help.

A very grim situation in Malibu and surrounding areas. Let's hope the winds quiet down tonight.

I was wondering whether the Thousand Oaks shooter could actually *be* TB's shooter? No real reason to think so, other than the general proximity, but it did come to my mind!
IDK. The Thousand Oaks shooter seemed to want to kill as many people as could and was overt about killing. The MO differs from the shooting at Malibu Creek State Park. If it was the same shooter, wouldn't he likely shoot at multiple campers in a single incident, and while they were outside their tents?

Anything is possible, though. Someone with mental issues that intensify over time might change his MO.

IDK. The Thousand Oaks shooter seemed to want to kill as many people as could and was overt about killing. The MO differs from the shooting at Malibu Creek State Park. If it was the same shooter, wouldn't he likely shoot at multiple campers in a single incident, and while they were outside their tents?

Anything is possible, though. Someone with mental issues that intensify over time might change his MO.

It could be an escalation. Pot shots to a direct shot to a mass shooting.

I'm also wondering if it's the case that the Malibu shooter is a transient/survivalist of some kind, if they are being forced out by the fires? Where would they go? Would they have any social connections? Would they be in a public shelter? What then?

It could be an escalation. Pot shots to a direct shot to a mass shooting.

I'm also wondering if it's the case that the Malibu shooter is a transient/survivalist of some kind, if they are being forced out by the fires? Where would they go? Would they have any social connections? Would they be in a public shelter? What then?
BBM
Exactly. That's what I meant by changing his MO if he has mental illness that was intensifying (maybe he stopped taking his meds?). Then his MO might escalate to a mass shooting.

It is possible but, JMO, I don't think the two shootings are related. Waiting for the results of the ballistics testing of AR's gun.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stoney12
Back