PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

CA CA - Newhall, Wht/HispMale 994UMCA, 20-25, GSW, off Sand Canyon Rd, Dec'80

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by shannon2008, Dec 27, 2008.

1. shannon2008

shannon2008 New Member

In my daily travels on Doe Network I found these two listings that me look very close. I haven't been able to find any info here, or elsewhere on the net, about what's been ruled out for 994UMCA.

Source: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/994umca.html
    Case File 994UMCA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sketch of Victim

Unidentified Hispanic Male

• [*]The victim was discovered on December 13, 1980 in Newhall, Los Angeles County, California
      [*]Estimated Date of Death: within 24 hours of discovery
      [*]Cause of Death: He was shot once in the head and four times in the chest.
    Vital Statistics

• [*]Estimated age: 16 - 20 years old
      [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 5' 6"; 140 lbs.
      [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark brown, collar length, curly hair; brown eyes. One inch scar on his inner right elbow.
      [*]Dentals: Available. Victim has pronounced upper right incisor tooth.
      [*]Clothing: Beige long sleeved snap button down front western style "Foxy" brand shirt; beige corduroy trousers; no belt; brown gym shorts with red trim; white socks with green trim; black zipper boots size 9 1/2 D.
      [*]Fingerprints: Available
      [*]DNA: Available

Case History
    The victim was located in a brushy area 150 yards east of Sand Canyon Road, south of Placerita Canyon Road, in Newhall, California on December 13, 1980.

Source:http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/234dmtx.html
    Case File 234DMTX
    [​IMG]
    Flores, circa 1977

Pablo Flores
    Missing since August 16, 1977 from Eagle Pass, Maverick County, Texas.
    Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: July 17, 1964
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Hispanic male. Black hair; brown eyes. Circumstances of Disappearance
    Flores was last seen in his hometown of Eagle Pass, Texas on August 16, 1977. He has never been seen nor heard from again.

--------------------------------
    Flores was 13 when he disappeared in 1977. In December 1980 he would have been 17.

Two things stood out to me, the first being the child's poor teeth and the teeth of the UID's sketch. Also, the eyebrows to me are very similar.

The only thing that is really off to me is the hair. If he was homeless in CA would the sunlight have lightened his hair? Was one of the colors (Flores or the UID) reported incorrectly? Did boys/men have perms and/or dye their hair back in those days? Could it have been "curled" because it was extremely dishevelled?

2. shannon2008

shannon2008 New Member

Just in case, I emailed it to Doe Network this morning.

3. MaedchenX

MaedchenX It's business time.

"Victim has pronounced upper right incisor tooth."

From the photo of Pablo it seems he has very distinctive teeth and his right incisor protrudes noticably. I think this is a very, very good possibility. I hope you hear back soon Shannon.

4. grievousangel

grievousangel New Member

I am a reader here mostly but this case seems like it could really be a match!! Good work and good luck!!

5. shannon2008

shannon2008 New Member

I got an email back from DN saying that this has not been ruled out yet, and that they are forwarding this one on to their match panel. :clap:

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

6. christine2448

christine2448 Retired WS Staff

Fantastic! I will change the thread title to "Submitted"..please update us as you are!

7. barb0301

barb0301 New Member

WOW !! This really looks like a possible match to me. Good job, keeping my fingers crossed !

8. believe09

believe09 Active Member

:grouphug:

Great work, shannon!!

9. shannon2008

shannon2008 New Member

Rocky from Doe notified me today that this is not a match. Wow, it seemed so likely!!

10. capoly

capoly New Member

Sorry to read this, Shannon, did seem to be a likely match. Though I would think elimination of possible matches is also important info for both cases so submission wasn't for naught. :blowkiss:

11. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

Namus has his info down a little differently.
    The found date is 8th December, not 13th. The town is listed as Arcadia, not Newhall. The age estimate differs as well.
    The case number is the same, and the clothing description seems to match.
    F0XY BRAND WESTN SHIRT, TAN PANTS, TAN SH0RTS, WHI S0XS
    BLK B00TS

As an aside, it annoys me that they type in the info in this text speak. If someone searches for "Black boots", is the program going to find instances of "blk b00ts"? I doubt it.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4362

12. Ambercat

Ambercat New Member

He is a little over the age estimate, but the sketch along with the height and weight of the UID remind me of Jose Bladimar Espinoza, who disappeared from Los Angeles.
    [​IMG]
    http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=3239314733040
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/728dmca.html
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/espinoza_jose.html
    It really seems that the two would have been compared at the time, but I might be wrong. If Jose's photo is any indication, it looks like he favors "western" shirts.

13. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

His age, 23, is smack in the middle of the brackets given by Namus (20-25).

14. Ambercat

Ambercat New Member

I heard back from Daniel Machain of the LA County Coroner's Office about Jose Bladimar Espinoza --

15. Ambercat

Ambercat New Member

I wonder if Amadeo Vigil has been looked at as this UID? His height, weight, and age are all consistent. The UID has a scar on his right elbow and Mr. Vigil had a burn on his right arm (I'm not sure how close this was to his elbow). Amadeo was hitchhiking in July 1980 in Colorado Springs, CO when he was last seen.
    [​IMG]
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7147/399

16. Ambercat

Ambercat New Member

While I was looking at the list of fugitives from South Carolina (http://www.doc.sc.gov/pubweb/news/fugitives/fugitiveSummary.html), I noticed Jose Romero who escaped from the Anderson County Stockade on December 13, 1979 where he was serving 18 years for armed robbery. Jose would have been about 24 years old in 1980 which is within range for both the estimates on NamUs (20 - 25 years old) and the current age estimate on the Doe Network (16 - 25 years old). His height is listed as being 5'5", which is also within range. His weight is listed as 114 lbs, which seems really light (to the point were I wonder if it could be incorrect); even if it is correct, it is possible that after escaping he could have been eating more and gained weight. In the photos (IMO), his hair looks like it would have a curl to it if it grew out a bit more.

According to Jose Romero's wanted flyer on the South Carolina Department of Corrections website --

jose_romero.jpg
    http://www.doc.sc.gov/pubweb/news/fugitives/00087424.pdf

17. Jake479

Jake479 Active Member

Bumping