GUILTY CA - Nicholas Campbell, 20, killed by drunk driver, Perris, 25 Aug 2007

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by dark_shadows, Aug 29, 2007.

1. dark_shadows

dark_shadows Former Member

link

PERRIS, Calif. — A suspected drunken driver crashed with a motorcycle and then left the scene, unknowingly driving away with the motorcyclist's dead body lodged in the rear window of his car, investigators said.
    Tony Martinez, 54, pulled out of a parking lot Saturday night and cut off motorcyclist Nicholas Justin Campbell, who was traveling about 80 mph, California Highway Patrol spokesman Ron Thatcher said.
    The motorcyle crashed into the car and Campbell was thrown through the rear window, Thatcher said. Martinez then

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

2. Loading...

3. philamena

philamena Former Member

Nancy G covered this story tonight. The drunken piece of crap hit the victim, who btw was driving a motorcycle. Now the drunk fool surely knew he hit something. The car was a mangled mess but somehow was still drivable. The drunk driver drove home.....with the victim hanging out of the rear window.

4. dingo

dingo Former Member

How horrible.....how could he not know?

5. philamena

philamena Former Member

dingo,
    That's the question LE and Nancy G asked. Seems the guy was so drunk he didn't notice. I'll try to find a link to a picture of the car.

6. dingo

dingo Former Member

Thanks Philamena......I dont know how someone could be that drunk and still stand up let alone be driving a car.

7. philamena

philamena Former Member

You're welcome dingo. It amazes me too.

8. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Active Member

Unreal!! How COULD he NOT know there was a crash and a person sticking out of the back of his car?! The car is mangled!!

9. southcitymom

southcitymom New Member

It's called a blackout and it happens alot - especially if the drunk driver was an alcoholic.

I know a person here in Atlanta who was driving home with his best friend one night - they were both drunk. His best friend hung out the window and was decapitated by something. The guy I know drove all the way home, parked the car with his decapitated best friend sitting beside him and went inside and passed out. Found his friend the next day and didn't remember a thing.

It was tragic and traumatic.

10. dark_shadows

dark_shadows Former Member

To my dearest Southcitymom,:blowkiss:

I remember that incident on the news.
    For anyone who wants to read the article;
    Drunken driver blamed for headless corpse

Updated: 11:00 a.m. ET Aug 30, 2004

MARIETTA, Ga. - A drunken driver hit a telephone pole support wire that decapitated his passenger, then drove 12 miles home and slept in his bloody clothes, leaving the headless body in his truck, police said.
    A neighbor walking with his young daughter Sunday morning discovered Daniel Brohm’s headless corpse in the truck in John Kemper Hutcherson’s driveway and called authorities, said Cpl. Dana Pierce, county police spokesman.
    Officers found Hutcherson asleep inside his home, his clothes bloody and visibly drunk, and later found Brohm’s severed head at the crash site.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
    dark_shadows

11. Texana

Texana Overreaching

:sick:

I'm speechless!

12. southcitymom

southcitymom New Member

Hi dark_shadows, :blowkiss:

Thank you for finding that link. I live in Marietta and I met John after this happened. He and Daniel had been friends since childhood - both families were just devastated, as you can imagine.

Lots of alcoholics experience blackouts, even when driving. It is terrifying to consider.

13. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g New Member

You have got to be some kind of drunk....

14. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From January 2009:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2009/jan/22/region-drunken-driver-sentenced-to-prison/