CA - O.J. Simpson & the murders of Nicole Brown, Ron Goldman, 1994 *not guilty*

I'd be thrilled if you might share an actual, credible source for the arthritis meds claim (and no, the guy who booked him for card shows doesn't count). An actual, real source.

Thanks!
Here is a Los Angeles Times article from 1995. It alone doesn't prove he did or didn't, but it was brought up by the prosecution:

THE O.J. SIMPSON MURDER TRIAL : Prosecutors Say Simpson Trick Thwarted Glove Test
June 23, 1995
The Los Angeles Times
JIM NEWTON and HENRY WEINSTEIN and ANDREA FORD | TIMES STAFF WRITERS

http://articles.latimes.com/1995-06-23/news/mn-16337_1_o-j-simpson-murder-trial

“Prosecutors accused O.J. Simpson of intentionally not taking his anti-inflammation medication in order to confound a glove demonstration and deceive the jury in his murder trial, according to transcripts released Thursday.

"Mr. Simpson has arthritis and we looked at the medication that he takes and some of it is anti-inflammatory," Deputy Dist. Atty. Christopher A. Darden said during a sidebar conference Wednesday, according to the transcript. "And we are told that he has not taken the stuff for a day, and it caused swelling in the joints and inflammation in his hands."

Simpson's attorney, Johnnie L. Cochran Jr., responded by accusing prosecutors of "being paranoid" but did not directly deny the charge.

According to Dr. Ernest Brahn, a UCLA rheumatologist, medications of the kind used by sufferers of rheumatoid arthritis do cause swelling to subside. But halting the medication, he added, probably would not cause the swelling to return overnight.

"The kind of joint deformities that we see in rheumatoid arthritis can impact on whether a glove might fit," Brahn said. "But many of the drugs that we administer take weeks or months to achieve their anti-inflammatory effect."”​

Aww good stuff DarkHorse!!!

We all know the blanktey, blank, blank did it! OJ SIMPSON a murderer that escaped justice

jmo

Well, I don't think he really, "escaped" justice" per say... He wasn't found guilty, that true, but the rest of his life kinda sucked big time. The deterioration in his apearence is compelling evidence that this was a brutal fate for him as well... Karma. Gotta love it!

Here is a Los Angeles Times article from 1995. It alone doesn't prove he did or didn't, but it was brought up by the prosecution:

THE O.J. SIMPSON MURDER TRIAL : Prosecutors Say Simpson Trick Thwarted Glove Test
June 23, 1995
The Los Angeles Times

“Prosecutors accused O.J. Simpson of intentionally not taking his anti-inflammation medication in order to confound a glove demonstration and deceive the jury in his murder trial, according to transcripts released Thursday.

"Mr. Simpson has arthritis and we looked at the medication that he takes and some of it is anti-inflammatory," Deputy Dist. Atty. Christopher A. Darden said during a sidebar conference Wednesday, according to the transcript. "And we are told that he has not taken the stuff for a day, and it caused swelling in the joints and inflammation in his hands."

Simpson's attorney, Johnnie L. Cochran Jr., responded by accusing prosecutors of "being paranoid" but did not directly deny the charge.

According to Dr. Ernest Brahn, a UCLA rheumatologist, medications of the kind used by sufferers of rheumatoid arthritis do cause swelling to subside. But halting the medication, he added, probably would not cause the swelling to return overnight.

"The kind of joint deformities that we see in rheumatoid arthritis can impact on whether a glove might fit," Brahn said. "But many of the drugs that we administer take weeks or months to achieve their anti-inflammatory effect."”​

Thank you Nora for finding that!

And, another source:

O.J. Simpson: What You Didn't Know About His Defense
ABC News
By GAIL DEUTSCHJOSEPH DIAZALEXA VALIENTE
Sep 24, 2015, 4:25 AM ET

http://abcnews.go.com/US/oj-simpson-defense/story?id=33925563

“Lawrence Schiller, author of "American Tragedy: The Uncensored Story of the O.J. Simpson Defense," had unprecedented access to Simpson and his dream team during the 1995 criminal trial, obtaining secrets of their defense strategy and Simpson's state of mind before and after the trial.”

“At the prosecution's request, Simpson tried on the bloody glove found at the scene of the crime at his criminal trial.

"He had latex gloves on. He was trying on a glove that had been soaked in blood," Fred Goldman, Ron Goldman's father, told "20/20." "He would hold the glove, and he did this. He wasn't yanking at the glove. It was – so of course – he couldn't get it on."

Schiller said there might be a different explanation. Simpson had arthritis, and according to Kardashian, he stopped taking his anti-inflammatory medicine a month before trying on the gloves.

"Nobody knows whether it made his hands a little bigger or not," Schiller said.

But the bloody glove became the rallying cry for the defense with Cochran's well-known line, "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit."”​

June 23, 1995
The Los Angeles Times

Nora -- THANK YOU!!!

Anyone who has read Jack Walraven's Best Of The Sidebars in the O.J. Simpson Criminal Trial understands that Darden and Cochran regularly made snarky comments to each other to poke fun, intimidate or send the other side off chasing ghosts. If you haven't read the sidebars, they provide great insight into the relationships between the lawyers.

In the State of California in 1995 inmates medication was monitored every dose, every day. If Mr. Simpson refused his medication or did not take his medication when it was distributed to him, this would have been documented by the nurse or nurses aide who witnessed it. In the wake of the glove demonstration backfiring on him, if there was any merit to Darden's statement, you can be sure that he or she would have testified to this in the criminal case (especially since it is alleged to have been arthritis medication as it would have helped rehabilitate the prosecution for the glove demo).

The reason I asked Linus for a documented source is because far too often a throwaway comment or allegation gets reported and it snowballs into something that is a matter of fact in the minds of far too many people. Heck even Fuhrman's lie about the murder clothes in the washing machine which got leaked to the media early continues to sustain life even though Vannatter, Lange, Clark and Darden have rebutted this as being simply not true. (Not to mention Gil Garcetti stating in July 1994 that no blood was found in the pipes or in the plumbing of the washing machine at Rockingham).

As far as Larry Schiller; he is a man with major credibility issues whose only goal was to sell books.

I'm not saying it absolutely could not have happened, I'm saying that I prefer to stick with the facts that people share under oath in a case with far too many rumors and false info that is passed off as fact.

Ever have an experience when someone who you thought was credible and informed reveals himself to be an uninformed, conspiracy nut job douche?
I had that experience earlier this week listening to former FBI agent Jim Clemente's podcast.

In episode 20 of his podcast Clemente suggests with conviction that it's possible that O.J. and Jason coincidentally arrived at 875 S Bundy within minutes of each other, both in a rage and O.J (who Clemente says was going there intending to kill her) convinces Jason (who is angry about an alleged cancelled dinner reservation) that they should kill Nicole together... I wish I was making this up.

And, in my quest for further information, I found this utterly astounding recent statement by Gil Garcetti:

Ex-DA says arthritis meds could have affected O.J. Simpson glove try-on
June 9, 2016[/]
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...gloves-arthritis-medicine-20160609-story.html

“Prosecutors in O.J. Simpson's 1994 murder trial didn't know that he had been taking arthritis medication before trying on the famous ill-fitting bloody glove, former Los Angeles County District Attorney Gil Garcetti said Thursday.

Garcetti, who led the prosecutor's office during the trial, told ABC's "Good Morning America" that he learned about the medication from watching the new ESPN documentary: "O.J.: Made in America."

"What we didn't know until I saw it on this film was that O.J. Simpson was taking arthritic medication for his hands and he was told, 'If you stop taking this arthritic medication, your hands will swell. Your joints will stiffen,'" Garcetti said. "My God."”​

I have thought for a long time that Gil Garcetti was a poor excuse for a District Attorney. He was one of the major reasons the State lost the case, imo. As I posted earlier today, The Los Angeles Times reported on the arthritis medication issue in 1995. To think that Garcetti didn't know at the time or shortly after simply proves to me that he was totally out of touch, and like many others, must have been caught up in the celebrity factor. I love the Jimmy Carter statement in that article. “This payback time.” Carter was astute, Garcetti should have listened.

And, in my quest for further information, I found this utterly astounding recent statement by Gil Garcetti:

Ex-DA says arthritis meds could have affected O.J. Simpson glove try-on
June 9, 2016[/]
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...gloves-arthritis-medicine-20160609-story.html

“Prosecutors in O.J. Simpson's 1994 murder trial didn't know that he had been taking arthritis medication before trying on the famous ill-fitting bloody glove, former Los Angeles County District Attorney Gil Garcetti said Thursday.

Garcetti, who led the prosecutor's office during the trial, told ABC's "Good Morning America" that he learned about the medication from watching the new ESPN documentary: "O.J.: Made in America."

"What we didn't know until I saw it on this film was that O.J. Simpson was taking arthritic medication for his hands and he was told, 'If you stop taking this arthritic medication, your hands will swell. Your joints will stiffen,'" Garcetti said. "My God."”​

I have thought for a long time that Gil Garcetti was a poor excuse for a District Attorney. He was one of the major reasons the State lost the case, imo. As I posted earlier today, The Los Angeles Times reported on the arthritis medication issue in 1995. To think that Garcetti didn't know at the time or shortly after simply proves to me that he was totally out of touch, and like many others, must have been caught up in the celebrity factor. I love the Jimmy Carter statement in that article. “This payback time.” Carter was astute, Garcetti should have listened.

Which speaks volumes because Garcetti and Suzanne Childes micromanaged the case (to a fault). If the meds claim was true, Garcetti would have heard it in 1994 from Chris Darden who was not Gil's favourite person following the glove debacle.

Darden recently said on Mark Geragos' podcast that Garcetti essentially fired him after the trial.

How O. J. Simpson Killed Popular Culture
Vanity Fair
BY LILI ANOLIKMAY 7, 2014 12:00 AM

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/society/2014/06/oj-simpson-trial-reality-tv-pop-culture

“A tongue-in-cheek quality, too, began to insinuate its way into the proceedings. Take, for example, the curious role of Larry King in the case. After the Bronco chase, King moved Larry King Live, the whole kit and caboodle pretty much, from D.C. to L.A. On any given night, he’d have as guests a member of the prosecution team and a member of the defense team, some journalist or other, always bending over backward to represent both sides. And he was as scrupulously bipartisan in his social life, dating Suzanne Childs, D.A. Garcetti’s director of communications, and Jo-Ellan Dimitrius, the defense team’s jury consultant, simultaneously. (If he ever got desperate for material, he could’ve just mic’d his sheets, filled a couple episodes with pillow talk.)

When Nicole Brown Simpson: The Private Diary of a Life Interrupted was released mid-trial, Ito wrote to networks asking that they postpone their interviews with Faye Resnick. King obeyed, canceling Faye’s spot, and Ito, in thanks, told him to drop by sometime. So, during a midmorning break, King entered Ito’s chambers. Ito began musing about a domestic-violence issue he had yet to make a ruling on, revealing to his confused and surprised listener which way he was going to go. Finally, King suggested they wrap it up, since they’d been together for 40 minutes and the break was supposed to last only 15. King followed Ito through a door, which turned out to lead directly into the courtroom. Suddenly, to his shock, King found himself on-camera, a participant in the very trial he was covering. O.J. called out his name and stood to shake hands. “Thanks for being so fair,” Simpson said, pumping King’s fist up and down. Marcia Clark squealed, “I watch you all the time!” So you had both the accused and the lawyer prosecuting the accused acknowledging that they watched the talk-show host who was watching them.”​

Which speaks volumes because Garcetti and Suzanne Childes micromanaged the case (to a fault). If the meds claim was true, Garcetti would have heard it in 1994 from Chris Darden who was not Gil's favourite person following the glove debacle.

Darden recently said on Mark Geragos' podcast that Garcetti essentially fired him after the trial.

Well, sadly that doesn't surprise me. Darden essentially torpedoed his own career, by pulling basic stunt that you learn not to do in Law School 101- never ask a question you don't know the answer to. (I'm not a lawyer, yet even I know this!) Darden tried for a theatric made-for-TV moment when he had OJ try on the gloves in open court, it wasn't planned, or there would have been latex gloves underneath. Darden couldn't have been aware of the arthritis issue, but he SHOULD have been aware that the gloves shrunk from so much blood!

Well, sadly that doesn't surprise me. Darden essentially torpedoed his own career, by pulling basic stunt that you learn not to do in Law School 101- never ask a question you don't know the answer to. (I'm not a lawyer, yet even I know this!) Darden tried for a theatric made-for-TV moment when he had OJ try on the gloves in open court, it wasn't planned, or there would have been latex gloves underneath. Darden couldn't have been aware of the arthritis issue, but he SHOULD have been aware that the gloves shrunk from so much blood!
Agreed.

Do you agree that Darden's sidebar remark about arthritis meds was just a snarky comment or scare tactic?

In addition to the lack of a clear, credible source for the arthritis meds claim, the big "tell" for me about the arthritis meds was that notable arse Daniel Petrocelli never introduced any material or witnesses to validate the rumor in the civil trial. Calling Dan thorough and comprehensive would be an understatement.

My take on the glove is simple: With that type of old school latex glove, even Marcia Clark would have struggled to get the Aris Leather Light Gloves on her hands.

Agreed.

Do you agree that Darden's sidebar remark about arthritis meds was just a snarky comment or scare tactic?

In addition to the lack of a clear, credible source for the arthritis meds claim, the big "tell" for me about the arthritis meds was that notable arse Daniel Petrocelli never introduced any material or witnesses to validate the rumor in the civil trial. Calling Dan thorough and comprehensive would be an understatement.

My take on the glove is simple: With that type of old school latex glove, even Marcia Clark would have struggled to get the Aris Leather Light Gloves on her hands.

I don't know. I can't tell from the limited context. It doesn't sound snarky, but was this sidebar before or after OJ tried on the gloves? If it was before, why would Darden have bothered?
Maybe Darden was defending his blunder move to Garcetti in the hopes of saving his job, as in the blood shrinkage wouldn't have mattered anyway because even if it wasn't an issue, OJ still wasn't taking his meds?

So pictures of the front gate (that's what is pictured in the link you shared showing the fence and gate) somehow explain something about the very back gate (your aware there are actually three gates between the front and back of 875 S Bundy; right?).

The "proof" you've shown is just as deceptive as you're alleging Scheck was to the jury.

You may be correct, Scheck may be correct; but until you can provide accurate images to accompany your argument, you've proven nothing.

You're initial post told us to "hold on to your hats" well I'm not "holding my breath" for you to actually make you're case with accurate visuals.

I am sorry for your confusion. ALL of my "visuals", images, pictures, photos and depictions are of or concerning the gate and fence IMMEDIATELY ADJACENT to South Bundy Drive. I personally called it, perhaps erroneously, "the back gate" because it's on the end of the lot that does not have A) a driveway or B) a garage. Forget the other gates, they are not relevant here.

Other than a simple symantic error, what exactly do you find fault with?

Here are the changes, as requested:

Hold onto your hats people, it's about to get wild in here. This is for anybody who still thinks The O.J. Defense team made a valiant effort and were victorious for it:

The O.J. Verdict was STOLEN and I have the proof right here:

I have irrefutable proof that Barry Scheck, legendary DNA quack, completely misrepresented the crime scene to the court and to the jury:

He showed the jury two photos and claimed they were different views of the same crime scene element:

View attachment 100424
View attachment 100425

Mr Scheck claimed that a blood drop found on the front gate in early July WAS NOT THERE three weeks earlier. From this he hypothesised that the blood drop was planted by someone intent on framing Mr. Simpson for the crime. From these two photos Barry Scheck hung arguably his most famous soundbite of the whole trial: “Where is it Mr. Fung?” The only problem was that the photo of exhibit 116 was taken of the fence that connected the gate to the house, not the gate itself.

Here’s how the two different parts looked during the investigation:

View attachment 100426

Now here’s how marker 116 actually fit into the crime scene diagram:

View attachment 100428
View attachment 100429

The gate and the fence are shown separately as Item #54 and Item #51 respectively.

Again, look at the second picture above, the gate as shown to Dennis Fung on April 11th 1995. The curved piping on the extreme left hand side coupled with the metal mesh divider WITH THE HEXAGONAL PATTERN is only present on one crime scene element: The gate/door See More Proof (in the comments) Here: http://bit.ly/BScheck

Barry Scheck needs a BS Check

So pictures of the front gate (that's what is pictured in the link you shared showing the fence and gate) somehow explain something about the very back gate (your aware there are actually three gates between the front and back of 875 S Bundy; right?).

The "proof" you've shown is just as deceptive as you're alleging Scheck was to the jury.

You may be correct, Scheck may be correct; but until you can provide accurate images to accompany your argument, you've proven nothing.

You're initial post told us to "hold on to your hats" well I'm not "holding my breath" for you to actually make you're case with accurate visuals.

I must admit, you did get me curious as to the back gate (the gate furthest from South Bundy Drive), just in case it could play a disruptive role in my analysis, so I did a little digging. Apparently that gate is item #117 and as you can see, it also evinces an Hexagonal pattern, and NOT the requisite Diamond pattern that could have proven forthrightness ( though mistakeness ) on the part of Mr. Scheck. :

BackGate117.png

Has anyone ever thought that Kris Kardashian could have been involved in Nicole's murder? What if the evidence like the gloves and witness to the bronco at Nicole's house and blood in the bronco were all staged by Kris and one of her many young boyfriend's who were not arthritis pain riddled old men? Just a theory based on the media frenzy that screams the need for attention like say...A fraudulent Paris robbery.

Anyone else watching the show on ID is oj innocent? All I can say is whoa!!!!!

Anyone else watching the show on ID is oj innocent? All I can say is whoa!!!!!

I watched it and disgusted by it. And have friends on FB jumping me because they believe the son did it and OJ took the fall for him....REALLY?? I am so furious and could bite nails. All I can think about is how two innocent people were butchered to death and what their final moments must have been like. Seems everyone trying to find an out for OJ and I'm sick of it. just sick.

I watched it and disgusted by it. And have friends on FB jumping me because they believe the son did it and OJ took the fall for him....REALLY?? I am so furious and could bite nails. All I can think about is how two innocent people were butchered to death and what their final moments must have been like. Seems everyone trying to find an out for OJ and I'm sick of it. just sick.

I didn't watch it and sounds like I would be as mad as you if I had. I suspect this is unfortunately like too many shows on once credible networks. The blending of reality tv with real news and creating fake documentaries has become the fad these days. I got suckered into watching the show about DB Cooper and of course the several on JBR all to end up with a whole bunch of nothing. There is nothing new in the OJ case. He did it, and he got away with it. Anything else is just drama to make a buck. Of course henry lee has a vested interested in that he was clearly bought and paid for expert, in my opinion, completely discredited by his going along with the dream team. No wonder he is all for revising history.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back