CA CA/OH/LA/MS/TX - SAMUEL LITTLE, aka Samuel McDowell, 1970's thru 2012, Serial Killer

Can we go into the missing files for these states and help identify possible victims

• Total voters
Yes!

This is who I strongly believe it is!
The sketch matches Eva much better than Linda IMO.
Hotpot.png
No photo available

She would probably have to cut her hair, but if she was trying to hide her identity, that is highly plausible.

I want to take my eyes off the Kentucky confession for a minute. I want to bring up a confession that I haven't seen brought up recently. Little confessed to murdering a woman in 1973 in New Orleans, Louisiana. He said she may have working at a restaurant and her name may have been Sarah. These details matches with the disappearance of single mother of one Sarah Brown. She seems to still be missing.
Why is she not in any databases?

'May 8, 2023 #PrimeCrime
Part 1 of the life, crimes, and interrogations of the most prolific serial killer in U.S. history.'

'Samuel Little (Part 2): Life, Crimes, & Interrogations of a Prolific Serial Killer | Prime Crime''​

I want to take my eyes off the Kentucky confession for a minute. I want to bring up a confession that I haven't seen brought up recently. Little confessed to murdering a woman in 1973 in New Orleans, Louisiana. He said she may have working at a restaurant and her name may have been Sarah. These details matches with the disappearance of single mother of one Sarah Brown. She seems to still be missing.
Why is she not in any databases?
Started a thread for Sarah Brown..

The sketch matches Eva much better than Linda IMO.
Hotpot.png
No photo available

She would probably have to cut her hair, but if she was trying to hide her identity, that is highly plausible.
I used an AI app to smooth his sketch out and try to render the facial features a wee bit smoother. I agree! It looks so much like her! Especially in the age progression photo, the nose shape and her eyebrows, not to mention the physical characteristics in the confession and of this runaway match to a T!

Started a thread for Sarah Brown..
Thank you so much!

'If there was one thing he had mastered,' Lauren writes, 'it was becoming the black man no one saw, finding the black woman no one would miss.'

The America of the 1970s, 80s and 90s was one where (as Leila Mae McClain, one of the few women who managed to escape from his murderous clutches, said years later in court): 'They don't care nothing about a black prostitute in Pascagoula, Mississippi. No, Ma'am.'

When Leila, half-naked, bruised and utterly distraught, arrived at the nearest hospital hardly able to speak after the near-strangulation, no one asked her how it had happened and she didn't think it worth telling them.

'And how did it feel to kill women?' Lauren asked Little. 'Oooeee, it felt like Heaven,' he replied. 'It felt like being in bed with Marilyn Monroe. It felt like being in love.'

This is stomach-churning stuff. He told her he loved that moment when the terrified women looked him in the eye and realised they had underestimated him.

This was about power and ownership as well as sexual gratification. Little believed he 'owned the souls of every single one of his 'babies'.'

His trademark, across many U.S. states, had been breaking the necks of his victims (mainly prostitutes) during the sexual intercourse which they had voluntarily embarked on in his car.

'They died in sexual pleasure, not hate, you understand,' he explained to Lauren. 'I'm not like these, what do you call it? Homicidal sexual maniacs.'

I think I've identified one of Little's unmatched confessions.

In March 1977, the body of 19-year-old sex worker Dawn Denise Williams was found in State Park Place, Illinois, but she was from St. Louis, Missouri. She was nude from the waist down, suggesting foul play, but no newspapers state the cause of death. To my knowledge, her presumed murder is unsolved.

Little confessed to murdering a woman in Granite City, Illinois, between 1976 and 1979. He claimed her name may have been Jo, but this is not certain. He picked the woman, who was about 26, up in St. Louis, Missouri. According to the FBI link, the confession is still unmatched.
Recent drawing by serial killer Samuel Little based on memories of his murder victims. Unmatched confession; black female, age 26; killed between 1976 and 1979 in Granite City, Illinois; met victim in St. Louis, Missouri; victim possibly called aJo.a

Granite City is about 10 miles from State Park Place, only being separated by a lake. In terms of age, which is the only detail truly off, memories can fade over time, and Little has been off further in other cases. If only we had Dawn's photo to compare to the sketch.

What do you all think about this possible match? Is it plausible?

Last edited:

In March 1977, the body of 19-year-old sex worker Dawn Denise Williams was found in State Park Place, Illinois, but she was from St. Louis, Missouri. She was nude from the waist down, suggesting foul play, but no newspapers state the cause of death. To my knowledge, her presumed murder is unsolved.

Little confessed to murdering a woman in Granite City, Illinois, between 1976 and 1979. He claimed her name may have been Jo, but this is not certain. He picked the woman, who was about 26, up in St. Louis, Missouri. According to the FBI link, the confession is still unmatched.
Recent drawing by serial killer Samuel Little based on memories of his murder victims. Unmatched confession; black female, age 26; killed between 1976 and 1979 in Granite City, Illinois; met victim in St. Louis, Missouri; victim possibly called aJo.a

Granite City is about 10 miles from State Park Place, only being separated by a lake. In terms of age, which is the only detail truly off, memories can fade over time, and Little has been off further in other cases. If only we had Dawn's photo to compare to the sketch.

It's also to be noted that one of Little's other victims (The woman he murdered in a vacant house) was also nude from the waist down. Nothing too compelling, but it shows the way Dawn's body was found wasn't unlike Little's victims.

Never heard back about this, and I have no clue how to work the FBI tip system. Does anyone else know how to?

I'm making this announcement now, but this has been in the works for weeks. I'm creating a case map for as many of Little's victims I can find. I'm still going through those on the FBI site, but I've added about 25 cases so far. I hope this will be allowed on WS when I'm done.

Never heard back about this, and I have no clue how to work the FBI tip system. Does anyone else know how to?
1-800-CALL-FBI
Samuel Little's Confessions: Murder Locations and Victims
If the public has any information linked to Little's confessions, please contact the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI or submit a tip online at tips.fbi.gov

Something about these sketches I found very sad is that some of them have been released, but no details of the victim were given.
Unidentified Victim 30.png
For example, I found this sketch in a 60 Minutes video, where the room containing all of Little's sketches was shown. Some of the known sketches were there, but this one had no writing, no details, nothing. The camera focused on her sketch for a few seconds, then nothing.

The only writing on the sketch is Little's surname and some writing that just seems like scribbles at a glance. Does anyone know who this woman could be?

Nevada

Ohio:
Cincinnati, Ohio, Black Female
: Little stated that in approximately 1974, or possibly 1977-1979, he killed a black female in Cincinnati, Ohio. Little described the woman as being in her 40s, tall, with short hair and very dark skin. The black female wore glasses and a wig and had a long “scrawny” neck. Little met the woman when she was standing in the doorway of an apartment building two blocks down from a liquor store. The slender, “studious looking” woman lived there with her “fat Mexican girlfriend.” Little stated he drove the woman in his Ford Thunderbird to an area in the “projects” and backed up to a dumpster. It was pouring down rain when he strangled the woman in his car and her wig fell off. Little then drove her up a hill to an area with houses where you could see cars driving on the “the big highway” below. Little stated he dragged the black female’s fully clothed body past a flower bed into grass that was under a billboard advertising Kool cigarettes.
rbbm December 1, 2021
''Little stated he strangled all of his victims, with the exception of two who were drowned, and was adamant he never shot or stabbed them. Investigators say the manner in which Little killed his victims was more reminiscent to suffocation then strangulation, in that several of his victims did not have broken or fractured hyoid bones in the throat. Multiple victims' deaths were misclassified in autopsy reports and listed as drug overdoses or natural deaths.

Little was incarcerated during the below periods (six months or more):
  • 05/28/1971 - 03/14/1972
  • 11/25/1982 - 01/18/1984
  • 10/25/1984 - 02/01/1987
  • 06/05/1988 - 04/11/1989
  • 06/20/1990 - 12/09/1990
  • 01/15/1998 - 04/26/2002
All unmatched murders occurred between 1970 and 1997. If you have any information you believe will help investigators solve any of these cases, please contact the Texas Rangers at rangers@dps.texas.gov or 1-512-424-2160, or the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI or tips.fbi.gov.'

Last edited:
Nevada

Ohio:
Cincinnati, Ohio, Black Female
: Little stated that in approximately 1974, or possibly 1977-1979, he killed a black female in Cincinnati, Ohio. Little described the woman as being in her 40s, tall, with short hair and very dark skin. The black female wore glasses and a wig and had a long “scrawny” neck. Little met the woman when she was standing in the doorway of an apartment building two blocks down from a liquor store. The slender, “studious looking” woman lived there with her “fat Mexican girlfriend.” Little stated he drove the woman in his Ford Thunderbird to an area in the “projects” and backed up to a dumpster. It was pouring down rain when he strangled the woman in his car and her wig fell off. Little then drove her up a hill to an area with houses where you could see cars driving on the “the big highway” below. Little stated he dragged the black female’s fully clothed body past a flower bed into grass that was under a billboard advertising Kool cigarettes.
rbbm December 1, 2021
''Little stated he strangled all of his victims, with the exception of two who were drowned, and was adamant he never shot or stabbed them. Investigators say the manner in which Little killed his victims was more reminiscent to suffocation then strangulation, in that several of his victims did not have broken or fractured hyoid bones in the throat. Multiple victims' deaths were misclassified in autopsy reports and listed as drug overdoses or natural deaths.

Little was incarcerated during the below periods (six months or more):
  • 05/28/1971 - 03/14/1972
  • 11/25/1982 - 01/18/1984
  • 10/25/1984 - 02/01/1987
  • 06/05/1988 - 04/11/1989
  • 06/20/1990 - 12/09/1990
  • 01/15/1998 - 04/26/2002
All unmatched murders occurred between 1970 and 1997. If you have any information you believe will help investigators solve any of these cases, please contact the Texas Rangers at rangers@dps.texas.gov or 1-512-424-2160, or the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI or tips.fbi.gov.'
Letting everyone know that the sketch with on this post is not the Ohio confession, but a woman Little murdered in Las Vegas, Nevada. Here are the sketches of the Ohio confession:
Ohio

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back