CA CA - Orange Co., HispFem Skel UP12250, 30-60, 'Coach Williams' on jacket, Jan'14

Ok, I’ll ask an admin about doing that then. I hope I can share something that can help.
What a crazy thing for you to go through.

the thing about the worn socks and no shoes is interesting. Maybe she walked there to take her own life. Sometimes people choose spots to do that where they think they’ll never be found to prevent anyone else having the trauma of finding their body. Just a possibility.

but then like you say if the bones looked arranged in some way maybe not.

What a crazy thing for you to go through.

the thing about the worn socks and no shoes is interesting. Maybe she walked there to take her own life. Sometimes people choose spots to do that where they think they’ll never be found to prevent anyone else having the trauma of finding their body. Just a possibility.

but then like you say if the bones looked arranged in some way maybe not.

Yeah, I wasn’t ready for it.

The nearest trail head is the one by the candy store, you have to hike almost 20 miles. I got dropped off at the turn out that you use to let people pass, and went through the fence. There was an old gold mine I heard about. It is probably the last turnout on the right while you can still see Lucas Truck trail from the road. It is on the ridge above Lucas Canyon. Between that gulch, and the next one to the right is where everything was. There is no reasonable place to walk there from. If she walked from Caspers somehow, her socks might have had more wear.

I had to put my video screenshot into a photo editor to change the file type, and size. This is how I found the clothes.
Right so they kind of look piled up there by a person as opposed to strewn about by an animal or anything. Would that be your impression?

have you ever followed up with the police to ask if there was any progress on the case? That’s the kind of nosy thing I would want to do but I get not everyone would do that!

Right so they kind of look piled up there by a person as opposed to strewn about by an animal or anything. Would that be your impression?

have you ever followed up with the police to ask if there was any progress on the case? That’s the kind of nosy thing I would want to do but I get not everyone would do that!

There is that one bone that you can see in the shot. The clothes were either clawed by animals, or stabbed maybe. It looked different than claws. The smaller bone was in one of the socks 30-40 feet away. The rest of the bones were probably 20-30 feet the other way. I guess the jacket, and shirt were kind of in a ball, and there didn’t seem to be blood on the pants. The pink shirt had been saturated. It was mostly dark, with a few places you could tell it was pink fabric. If animals were feeding, I would imagine the pants would have had significant blood. It had bad vibes.

A detective came by my place, and interviewed me shortly after. I searched google for the story, but didn’t see it for a while. I think they found another person, and I thought they had identified her remains. I actually found out about this page from a buddy of mine. He asked me what’s the craziest thing I’ve seen on a hike. I told him about this, and he went home and did a bunch of research. He found this, sent me the link, then I saw the latest post was pretty recent.

There is that one bone that you can see in the shot. The clothes were either clawed by animals, or stabbed maybe. It looked different than claws. The smaller bone was in one of the socks 30-40 feet away. The rest of the bones were probably 20-30 feet the other way. I guess the jacket, and shirt were kind of in a ball, and there didn’t seem to be blood on the pants. The pink shirt had been saturated. It was mostly dark, with a few places you could tell it was pink fabric. If animals were feeding, I would imagine the pants would have had significant blood. It had bad vibes.

A detective came by my place, and interviewed me shortly after. I searched google for the story, but didn’t see it for a while. I think they found another person, and I thought they had identified her remains. I actually found out about this page from a buddy of mine. He asked me what’s the craziest thing I’ve seen on a hike. I told him about this, and he went home and did a bunch of research. He found this, sent me the link, then I saw the latest post was pretty recent.

Thanks for all of this insight, UnluckyHiker. I'm from the area and have been quite invested in this case. I feel it's quite solvable. It's been very interesting hearing your side of things! Very interesting that you feel they found another person...is this because you feel like there were too many leg bones for one person? I feel like if they DID identify someone else, that would be super helpful for this case. But perhaps not, or maybe LE didn't feel they were related. I don't know, I'm really just thinking out loud here...anyway, thank you for all of the information! We're glad you're here.

So, I'm new here and found this thread, while looking for information about my long lost friend Tracy. I knew her from the time we were young, until around 2001 or so, when we lost touch. She was not Brazilian, her given name was Tracy Palazzo, she adopted the Brazilian name I think due to her interest in Capoeira, where it's typical for you to earn a nickname from your instructor.

I found a MP in NAMUS who went missing in 2010 in the same town, just a few miles from where this woman was found. Her description is a close match and has not been ruled out. I submitted it to NAMUS. Also, in 2008-2009 there was a volleyball coach right there in Saddleback valley with the last name Williams. The school is just a small Christian school so the jacket may have been a gift from the girls and later given away or discarded locally. I think everything centers on San Juan Capristrano.

I found a MP in NAMUS who went missing in 2010 in the same town, just a few miles from where this woman was found. Her description is a close match and has not been ruled out. I submitted it to NAMUS. Also, in 2008-2009 there was a volleyball coach right there in Saddleback valley with the last name Williams. The school is just a small Christian school so the jacket may have been a gift from the girls and later given away or discarded locally. I think everything centers on San Juan Capristrano.

Missing Person / NamUs #MP36070
Amada Abundez, Female, Multiple

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

1400097f.jpg
CORONER CASE NUMBER: 14-00097-WI
SEX: Female
RACE: Unknown
DATE OF DEATH: Found 01/06/2014
DEATH CLASSIFICATION: UNDETERMINED
AGE Est. LOW: 30
AGE Est. HIGH: 60
EYES: Unknown
HAIR:
HGT. Inches: Unknown
WEIGHT LBS: Unknown
LOCATION FOUND: Ronald W. Caspers Wilderness Park, San Juan Capistrano
PHYSIQUE: Petite
FEATURES: Skeletal remains
TATTOOS: Unknown
1400097f2_1.jpg

Was Yolanda Lopez (of San Clemente) ruled out? Apologies if it’s been covered.
ETA: I know the clothes don’t match up, but the location is so close and clothes are easily changed.

Last edited:

14-00097-WI​

1400097f.jpg
CORONER CASE NUMBER: 14-00097-WI
SEX: Female
RACE: Unknown
DATE OF DEATH: Found 01/06/2014
DEATH CLASSIFICATION: UNDETERMINED
AGE Est. LOW: 30
AGE Est. HIGH: 60
EYES: Unknown
HAIR:
HGT. Inches: Unknown
WEIGHT LBS: Unknown
LOCATION FOUND: Ronald W. Caspers Wilderness Park, San Juan Capistrano
PHYSIQUE: Petite
FEATURES: Skeletal remains
TATTOOS: Unknown
1400097f2_1.jpg
1400097Bulletin_1.bmp
UnidentifiedNoFingerprints.jpg
1657151115016.jpeg

Extensive dental work!

Why, oh why, does no one recognize her???

(Ok, yeah, family & friend of this lady aren't reading with us here....)

jmho ymmv lrr

Still trying to find out if Yolanda Lopez of San Clemente was ruled out (NamUs #MP29837)
I’m not super familiar with how to find this out or who I would ask, as contacting the sheriffs with a simple question I should be able to (but can’t seem to) find on google seems extreme. Also, does anyone have an opinion on which reconstruction is the most likely to be most accurate? Or is it just equal possibility for all? Both of these cases are so sad. I truly hope Yolanda is actually in Mexico with her sons, but the info not being able to be verified makes it so questionable. 286645B1-A055-45C5-A8A5-1C5A1718BB31.jpeg

Still trying to find out if Yolanda Lopez of San Clemente was ruled out (NamUs #MP29837)
I’m not super familiar with how to find this out or who I would ask, as contacting the sheriffs with a simple question I should be able to (but can’t seem to) find on google seems extreme. Also, does anyone have an opinion on which reconstruction is the most likely to be most accurate? Or is it just equal possibility for all? Both of these cases are so sad. I truly hope Yolanda is actually in Mexico with her sons, but the info not being able to be verified makes it so questionable. View attachment 364634
If you log into Namus there’s a tab in the profiles of each missing person and UID that lists the rule outs.

I’m not super familiar with how to find this out or who I would ask, as contacting the sheriffs with a simple question I should be able to (but can’t seem to) find on google seems extreme. Also, does anyone have an opinion on which reconstruction is the most likely to be most accurate? Or is it just equal possibility for all? Both of these cases are so sad. I truly hope Yolanda is actually in Mexico with her sons, but the info not being able to be verified makes it so questionable. View attachment 364634
There are 82 Missing Persons exclusions listed for UP12250 but there is no Yolanda listed.

Hi there - newbie here and very interested in this case. Read through the entire thread and exclusions but never saw Gale Ann Williams mentioned.

La Puente woman vanishes while en route to Pasadena City College

She went missing 9/15/2013. She was only 22 years old (younger than listed) but many other characteristics match. Curly hair, dark, with blonde highlights. Last seen in dark pants and dark shirt. She was from Claremont but lived in La Puente. Could have picked up the jacket at a thrift store because of her last name…?

Last edited:
Hi there - newbie here and very interested in this case. Read through the entire thread and exclusions but never saw Gale Ann Williams mentioned.

La Puente woman vanishes while en route to Pasadena City College

She went missing 9/15/2013. She was only 22 years old (younger than listed) but many other characteristics match. Curly hair, dark, with blonde highlights. Last seen in dark pants and dark shirt. She was from Claremont but lived in La Puente. Could have picked up the jacket at a thrift store because of her last name…?

Based on the image provided, Gale's teeth seem to be in very good condition compared to the deceased's dental chart provided in post #154. Gale also seems to be substantially taller than the estimated height of the JD based on her being characterized as 'petite' and the length of the inseam 29-30 inches on the pants found with the body. I'm 5' 2" and that's the length of inseam on pants that fit me. I'm not sure whether the complete skeleton was found but usually there is physical evidence on the pelvic bones that indicate the deceased has given birth. AFAIK that information has never been provided.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back