Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been my understanding "foster parents" get paid to keep foster children, but don't those payments cease when they are adopted?

Having said that.....I would assume tho that there would be plenty of government subsidies for large "families" who are under the poverty level.

Things like free or reduced healthcare, food stamps, etc. I am hoping these kids were adopted because they were wanted and loved, not to subsidize a lifestyle of living off the government.

Time will tell.......my heart goes out to the extended family and I hope people will all come together to help find these precious babies. My suspicion is they are no where near this home, but hope I am wrong. I have followed too many children's cases here and swear I won't follow another because it is so heartbreaking. I usually have nightmares during these cases! But once again here I am.....hoping these sweet babies are found soon.
bbm
Ita.

Thanks for clarifying the situation in a general sense ; now that we can theorize.
Money may or may not be at the root of this vanishing. :(
MOO.

Last edited:
Not in my family, no. But I've known several circumstances where grandchildren do spend time with grandparents. My neighbors used to have their grandkids over for a good chunk of time during the Summer, the youngest stills spends a couple of weeks here and he's almost 18. Family seems pretty normal, parents are involved, etc.

What really bothers me here is them taking some of the kids, and Orson and Orrin staying home. Why? If it was just an issue of too many kids at once, why not send them to the other set of grandparents? They are 3 and 4, they knew their siblings went on "vacation". It's a bit cruel in my opinion to keep them at home.
Agreed. ^^^

There are grandparents on both TW and JW's side; as well as the bio-grandparents.
If Orrin and Orson were as 'rambunctious' as TW said they were -- why keep just the two of them at home ?
Sorry, but in the context of what has occurred-- I don't like the use of that word.
It's chilling. :(

There were other homes open to them.
And if the boys haven't been seen since TW and JW moved to the present house in Sept., where have those children been ?
Imo.

Last edited:
The AP's have to have them placed outside and the gate open for the kidnapping and them wondering off theories to fit their narrative.
Yes, precisely. His firewood story serves many purposes.

Bakersfield police chief video posted upthread... the whole discussion was of general homicide issues in Kern County which continues to paint a picture for what they believe to have had happened. Also gave me pause when he called the babies “young men” lol

Is this place open to the public or are you thinking that the perp(s) scaled the fence with two bodies? MOO

Do I have the right place?

Photos: 1098 S Mt Vernon Ave - Google Maps

From the address link you provided this place can be checked off as either a place of interest or a place the boys aren’t at. You can clearly see the security cameras posted around the fence area. I like secured/ surveillance areas.

It's like a giant sandbox. I would think the kids would be outside all the time playing with toy cars, dump trucks, bull dozers, and all kinds of things.

Yet the dad said they had been staying inside due to the pandemic. It must have been very frustrating trying to keep the kids inside for so long.

that is just weird. my kids play outside in our yard all the time and ride bikes. they just stay away from ppl. there is nothing else for them to do.

It's like a giant sandbox. I would think the kids would be outside all the time playing with toy cars, dump trucks, bull dozers, and all kinds of things.

Yet the dad said they had been staying inside due to the pandemic. It must have been very frustrating trying to keep the kids inside for so long.
If there is dirt - little boys want to play in it. I lost so many spoons that my boys would come in and grab from the drawer. Every time we went to the ball field, they were both in the sandpit before I even got to the bleachers.

It seems like the timeline has some inconsistencies.

You read my mind! Please be careful in there (my mind) lots of dust bunnies to trip over.

WOW I am in total shock from seeing all the trash!! Is that place hopefully the city dump area & not a public space? Little boys would be attracted to all that mess since I seen toys there too (not that I think they are there imho).

There is a pre-schooler living across the street from me that I haven't seen or heard in 2 years (was a toddler being carried in arms the one time I saw her).

We rarely see her parent or grandparents, either. I haven't seen my next door neighbors but one time in the past 18 months.

Things are a little unusual right now. The family behind us had children who played outside, but I haven't heard kids there for months (but the same adults are living there - I think maybe they are the grandparents).

Anyway, neighbors are probably only partly reliable. I know there are 4 kids living at a different house, because my daughter knows their parents, but I have yet to see any of them (probably play in the backyard - no one in my California neighborhood lets their kids play out much).

In fact, right after these two boys went missing, I saw two boys about 4 and 5 sitting on their tiny bikes right along a major thoroughfare here, completely unsupervised - couldn't believe it.

in my case we live in a cul de sac. we have the only kids, the rest are older or young couples. but the previous neighbors next door had two kids we never saw or heard, but they were pretty private ppl. the ppl behind us are a large extended family and their kids are loud and play out back when its warm. and the ppl on the street on the side but directly out the front (we are the corner of the cul de sac) have kids who play outside frequently. i think both can be common. some kids like video games more now and also some ppl are super private.

What is a slab city? An actual city or a location nick name?
Slab City, also called The Slabs, is an unincorporated, off-the-grid squatter community[1] consisting largely of snowbirds[2] in the Salton Trough area of the Sonoran Desert, in Imperial County, California. It took its name from concrete slabs that remained after the World War II Marine Corps Camp Dunlap training camp was torn down.[3] Slab City is known for a lifestyle that contradicts ordinary, civilized lifestyles.[4]

Slab City, California - Wikipedia

Not sure why it is being talked about in this case, IMO no relevance.

In my family, the grandparents wouldn't be watching children for an extended amount of time, for a "vacation." Does that seem very unusual to anyone else except me? I find myself wondering how and why they convinced the grandparents to take the older kids for awhile.

Also moving into your own house but claiming the young children aren't ever allowed to play freely in the backyard? I'd be sitting on the porch drinking coffee and watching them go wild back there from day 1. Maybe I just don't understand their lifestyle.

i used to give my toddlers the run of the backyard but it is not dirt and possibly critters other than squirrels. but it prob depends on the age of the grandparents, my mom used to take my two oldest for a week here and there but she was only in her 40-50's.

But isn't that a recycling facility? people usually don't dump things there they bring recyclables in for cash.
What in the heck would they burn?

not that kind of recycling facility. the haulers take the trash there and it is sorted to take recyclables out. its not for the public to recycle plastic or aluminum. well SOME places you can do that in the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member