CA CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Dec 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

i bel
    i believe they are summer babies so they were one and two but almost 2 and 3.

2. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

bbm

Agreed.
    Wonder if LE found wrapped gifts ?
    That's important and would've directed how they've handled this investigation thus far.
    (I have a good idea about what they're thinking.)
    MOO

Sorry I tried to fix the quote and it's still wrong.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    IHAVENOCLUE, NoSI, Bbybluz and 8 others like this.
  3. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

4. cvaldez1975

i am also quiet in fear.

5. cvaldez1975

me too.

also, when i called my family to tell them my 12 year old needed brain surgery, i said it perfectly calmly and they all burst into tears. same as when i had to tell them one of my other kids had cancer. i feel like im far away when i announce these things and when i have realized my kids wandered off. now that i think of it, i prob have PTSD.

6. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

kimpage, HayLouise, JEM1975 and 12 others like this.
  7. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

8. Stunned

Stunned Well-Known Member

I’m an Irish twin, we are as close as identical twins. She’s still after 63 years my closest friend, my most cherished relationship.

Arkark, Lyanna, Minou and 25 others like this.
  9. nyvictoria

nyvictoria Well-Known Member

JMO but if bio parental rights were terminated, I don’t think there would be an open adoption. I know if I adopted from foster care and was in that situation, no way would I want bio parents knowing where I lived.

10. Campizi67

Campizi67 Well-Known Member

1,000,000,000% agree!

edited to add more zeros...

11. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

Which could explain the initial lack of information released. I don’t believe the birth mother knew where they were until now.

12. Inquisitive2018

Inquisitive2018 Former Member

My own assumption is she knew or knew of the adoptive parents prior to the boys going missing but may not have known their location until they went missing.

13. Campizi67

Campizi67 Well-Known Member

According to this article (link below) This spokesperson for Kern County Department of Human Services (DHS) details how a bio parent can regain custody. Not easy, but not out of the question. Being that the two boys were adopted, it would appear that they were already past the much desired family reunification option.

Of course we are not privy to the details, so this is only to further understand the dynamics of the bio moms involvement post adoption. May have nothing to do with their disappearance, or everything to do....

edited to add - to be clear, I am in know way accusing anyone of anything. Just thinking about custody issues and how terrible they can be.

"Slagle added that the goal post-foster care is family reunification, if the biological parent is deemed fit to take care of their child after six months of reforming their lives and court decisions. regular check-ups would occur even after if granted. If not, adoption is the next step.

“That process can take up to 18 months to two years to finalize, because biological parents are giving many chances to make those changes,” Slagle said. “So it’s not a fast process.”

When asked if biological parents can obtain custody post-adoption, Slagle said the cases are rare, but still possible. It’s carefully decided by the courts and the biological parent has to prove they’ve changed since their custody was denied."

Disappearance of California City boys places spotlight on fostering, adoption process

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  14. dillysmom11

dillysmom11 Well-Known Member

This is so good to know ❤️ I have Irish “triplets”. A full sibling group of 3 we adopted, born within 2 years total. They adore eachother as teens!

JMapes, Minou, Bbybluz and 21 others like this.
  15. iQuill

iQuill Well-Known Member

... sure would like an update on O&O... where could they possibly be ... and LE is being very, very quiet... I hope this means they will have something to share soon...moo

16. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

Agree-- then add in Christmas, which can be stressful enough on its own, but add all the other conditions you mentioned and HUGE STRESS factor, IMO

17. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

When the parents lose parental rights I think they can still have an open adoption, but it's up to the adoptive parents to decide whether or not to communicate with them, if at all.

From what I remember, the parents said they had not been in contact with the birth mother. I don't think she knew where they lived.

Imo

18. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

NoSI, kimpage, Tarika and 27 others like this.
  19. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

In one of the very first video interviews with the bio mom, standing in the street in front of the parent's home, the bio mom said "I don't even know them". She went on to say just after that, that she thinks they did something to her boys.

So... if she doesn't even know them, how in the world did she know where they live?
    There seems to be a lot about this case that just doesn't make any sense.

Lyanna, kimpage, Tarika and 32 others like this.
  20. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

Thank you so much..
    Your work is so valuable and I appreciate it with every case you put together.
    I know it's tough with the kid's cases, darn it all, but I rely on your resources as I am sure many here do also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.