Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #6 *both parents arrested/charged*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah thank you so much, that is such a beautiful thing to say. As I've said before these kiddos have special needs and trauma, my baby just needed extra medical help to handle her mental illness and the trauma she experienced when my mom was murdered. (My mom was a foster parent, murdered by a birth parent of one of her foster kids...and we are all struggling with her loss) but we should be back on track next month, just waiting for reports from my daughter's therapist regarding her progress. That being said, I know that DCFS is very cautious about placing children in homes right now...so doubtful the Wests will ever be getting any more children.

I hope they find these little boys. It would be a blessing if they were alive and well....I pray for that, but I know it's probably not the case.
So sorry for your tragic loss.

I knew this case would grow cold and many on here told me it would not. It bothers me every day. Where is Orrin and Orson? Also, where is Baby Lisa after all these years?
I wouldn't call it a cold case. Bakersfield only just took over the investigation last month. For all we know the boys could have been missing for six months. Considering some of the witnesses are under the age of eleven, the investigation could take a long time. Imo

No it’ll take awhile for this case to “go cold”
Just because we’re not privy to the details LE has doesn’t mean they aren’t stacking a circumstantial case as they wait for other forms of evidence.
I don’t think there will be an arrest soon, but they’re going to be attempting to make that happen.
Moo

I knew this case would grow cold and many on here told me it would not. It bothers me every day. Where is Orrin and Orson? Also, where is Baby Lisa after all these years?
Don't lose hope: some jurisdictions name POIs and suspects early on and release information to the public on a regular basis while others keep the investigation close to the vest. In either case you can bet LE is on it and working hard to find the missing children.

IMO there's evidence in this case and things could break at any time. Yes, sometimes nothing happens - I still think about little Rondreiz and Joe Clyde - but I don't think this is a cold case just yet. MOO.

I wouldn't call it a cold case. Bakersfield only just took over the investigation last month. For all we know the boys could have been missing for six months. Considering some of the witnesses are under the age of eleven, the investigation could take a long time. Imo
Agree. That and you have extended family in the mix to investigate and rule out.
As with many cases, between the digital trail and the financial forensics...I expect an arrest, but timing is dependent on LE resources to do all they analysis, and work with the DA.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Knowing what we do, and going by what info police have explicitly asked for, they’re looking at a potential ‘crime scene’ that spreads from cal city to Bakersfield with a duration of around a year. There’s no easy way to deal with that if you’re not literally handed a smoking gun. It takes time and painfully assiduous examination. We shouldn’t underestimate the number of sources and amount of data they’re having to analyse. It will be colossal.

I don’t believe it’s cold yet, or even just warm. I hope they get the info they need.

Knowing what we do, and going by what info police have explicitly asked for, they’re looking at a potential ‘crime scene’ that spreads from cal city to Bakersfield with a duration of around a year. There’s no easy way to deal with that if you’re not literally handed a smoking gun. It takes time and painfully assiduous examination. We shouldn’t underestimate the number of sources and amount of data they’re having to analyse. It will be colossal.

I don’t believe it’s cold yet, or even just warm. I hope they get the info they need.

I will repeat I think we are in a Vallow Daybell situation. I think they have enough for lesser charges of neglect etc (which are felonies and do add up) and they will bring those as soon as they think the benefits outweigh the costs (lawyering up or escaping). Unless they find the physical evidence of murder first.

I will repeat I think we are in a Vallow Daybell situation. I think they have enough for lesser charges of neglect etc (which are felonies and do add up) and they will bring those as soon as they think the benefits outweigh the costs (lawyering up or escaping). Unless they find the physical evidence of murder first.
Makes sense, thanks for pointing that out!! Holding out hope, something will happen, just not in my fast-track desired timeframe.

So happy to read positive posts! I also believe that Bakersfield PD, hopefully in conjunction with others, are actively investigating. I think with so many unknowns, it’s going to take time. Excruciating, but I have faith that justice will be served.

Interesting observation. Maybe the other kids have given LEO more information, and a better timeline to work with. Which, makes me hope that those kids will be safe.

I am waiting for the Mom to fess up.

APR 21, 2021
Toddlers Orrin and Orson West Still Missing From California | In Pursuit With John Walsh on ID | Investigation Discovery
[...]

Chief Terry said at this point, “everyone is being looked at” and no suspects have been named in this case. They will continue to explore all possibilities.

If you know anything about the disappearance of these two brothers, please contact Kern Secret Witness at (661) 322-4040 or the Bakersfield Police Department at (661) 327-7111.

4 months after disappearance, community remains hopeful of finding missing West boys | KGET 17
Wednesday marks 121 days — exactly four months — since Orson and Orrin West disappeared from their home in California City.

The Bakersfield Police Department has not reported any new developments but say they have not given up the search. The activists that have gotten involved with the search themselves continue to hope for a happy ending to this story.

[...]

APR 22, 2021
The Unsolved Casefile: Where are Orson and Orrin West? - Court TV
[...]

The California City Police Department has confirmed there is still no physical evidence of a crime.

Klaas said he sympathizes with the Kern County community as it took 65 days for authorities to find a major break in his daughter’s case.

Currently, the missing toddler brothers are the youngest of 31 other missing children listed on the California Attorney General’s website.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member