Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
moo: I believe the little boys are no longer with us due to the adoptive parent’s neglect. From moment one of their interview, it was clear to me that his explanation was one of overcompensating to appear caring, careful and watchful. How long did it take for the backyard to be dug up with jackhammers? Not very long. Why? LeTecia Stauch told investigators Gannon might have been in the backyard and went out the gate. Did LE dig up her backyard with jackhammers within the first couple of days? No. Idk what could have happened but I do believe the adoptive parents know the boys aren’t coming back to them. Ever.

Last edited:
yes

Yes, we lived in CA for many years and I’ve worked with families out of CA. According to the rate table, these are max amounts that are negotiated (case by case) for post adoption. Foster care rates remain the same.
Yes, we adopted both of our children in Los Angeles County. We receive NOTHING from the state. And it was expensive to legalise the adoptions. It certainly wasn't a money making venture on our part.

But we adopted our kids at birth, in private adoptions. So that is probably why there is no stipend.

Thanks, it is good to have someone familiar with adoption in CA (since it is new to many of us).

So what precisely was inaccurate that I stated above? Just want to make sure we are as accurate as possible for sleuthing purposes since you stated the information I posted was inaccurate which I would object to based on the sources I listed.

Are you stating that the “basic rate” is the maximum and that in many cases the payment is below this amount? I do not think that is correct based on the usage of “basic rate” and the “higher tiers” listed for adoptees with more health/medical needs.
I think that 'basic rate' is only for children in state care or foster care at the time of the adoption. It does not include children not in state care.

So there are MANY adoptive parents who receive no pay at all for caring for their children.

Last edited:
“We haven’t been able to put together how the boys got out of the yard or where they’ve gone, but we’re doing our best,” he said.

So far the investigation is still centered around the Wests’ home and has not expanded out to the surrounding desert area.

“It’s been my experience, especially with small children, you always start from the inside out,” Walker said. “You start from where they were seen last. If we feel like we have enough information and enough evidence to expand out, we absolutely will. But at this point, we have no reason to believe that.”

Walker confirmed that multiple dog searches have been conducted but have not found traces of the boys outside the house.
Two California City boys remain missing

I was really interested to see if the house looked suitable for six children and two adults. To be honest if I was on a budget and getting a foot I the door with real estate I think it would be a great house for six kids. Fenced in backyard with cement path areas to ride trikes and scooters. An outdoor rumpus room for the older kids. Two bathrooms and the younger kids can share rooms. Nice big kitchen. I guess my point is that it looks like the parents really thought about the kids when making the purchase, it’s a great family home.

Having said that, I felt like there was a bit of a disconnect between the parents and missing boys in their interview. When given an opportunity talk about the boys, they didn’t give much. Possibly just really in shock? And they were really being harassed by some of the hostile onlookers, so I think that has to be taken into account.

Thanks to everyone for sharing experiences and thoughts. I guess the best to hope for now is a grab by biological family but that looking unlikely

“We haven’t been able to put together how the boys got out of the yard or where they’ve gone, but we’re doing our best,” he said.

So far the investigation is still centered around the Wests’ home and has not expanded out to the surrounding desert area.

“It’s been my experience, especially with small children, you always start from the inside out,” Walker said. “You start from where they were seen last. If we feel like we have enough information and enough evidence to expand out, we absolutely will. But at this point, we have no reason to believe that.”

Walker confirmed that multiple dog searches have been conducted but have not found traces of the boys outside the house.
Two California City boys remain missing

He may be having trouble determining where the boys were last seen. And when.

It doesn't look good.

JMO

I think that 'basic rate' is only for children in state care or foster care at the time of the adoption. It does not include children not in state care.

So there are MANY adoptive parents who receive no pay at all or caring for their children.

Right. Privately adopted children do not have medical or cash stipend. Four of our older children we adopted privately.

I expect medical records will be uber relevant in this story. Rambunctious boys, requiring a lot of stitches???? The fracture. Did he complete the entire process? Casting, recasting, removal? And when? Recent? Not recent? Adjacent in any way to the move? The record of those clinic visits might prove hugely important.

It might indicate a timeline. At least a starting point.

JMO

If neighbors haven't seen any children at the house, and the older children have been on vacation (for how long?????), whose items were given to LE FOR a scent? They could be items belonging to the other children, dating back who knows how long. Prior to vacation, prior to move.... or as in many families, items get shared. Clothing, bedding.... and yet dogs picked up no matching scent in the yard....

Were ANY children ever in that yard????

LE said there was evidence of children in the home (he did qualify that, of the missing two, "not necessarily"), but don't we have to wonder WHAT evidence? Piled up clothing and toys doesn't necessarily mean children were there. Heck, I have a garage full of toys and baby clothes. My baby is 24.

Are there kid dishes in the sink, fruit snacks, actual sidewalk chalk....

My question remains, those precious boys are in fact missing. For how long?

JMO

I expect medical records will be uber relevant in this story. Rambunctious boys, requiring a lot of stitches???? The fracture. Did he complete the entire process? Casting, recasting, removal? And when? Recent? Not recent? Adjacent in any way to the move? The record of those clinic visits might prove hugely important.

It might indicate a timeline. At least a starting point.

JMO
It is my understanding the broken leg happened before the AP had them.

Was the only interview done on the day of disappearance? Playing devils advocate here, but the children hadn’t been missing long so they may have been worried but not terrified just yet.

OTOH if my younger children are out of my sight for a few seconds I panic.
The interview was on Wednesday; the boys went missing on Monday the 21st. Two nights had gone by.
"Trezell and Jacqueline West are the boys' adoptive parents. They told 23ABC News in their first and only media interview Wednesday, that the boys were playing with chalk in the backyard of their Cal City home when they suddenly went missing at about 4:30 or 5 p.m."
Former BPD Lt. weighs in on missing California City boys case, gives insight into investigation

It makes sense to me. The children weren't in the yard, so he went to see if they were in the house before he extended his search beyond his property. I would do the same. This makes sense to me.

I'm really wanting to know more about this adoptive couple and their work history which affords six kids and a house. I want to know if the kids are a business, or an act of love. That's a lot of mouths to feed. I am waiting until (and if) this couple are named POI or Suspects as I know TOS doesn't permit us to sleuth them until such (and if) time. Sitting on hands no so patiently.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Considering TW had just emerged from the house, where he questioned his wife over the boy's whereabouts and was in the process of searching the backyard upon realizing the gate was left open, I believe returning inside the house and searching first is at the very least, extremely bizarre. The sight of the gate left open is startling enough to cause TW to "panic", according to him, yet his response is to hesitate on addressing that possibility which presents the most significant degree of concern? He said himself that the sight caused him to panic, whereas if the boys had indeed somehow slipped past him and went inside the home...inside the home is a safe space. Not to mention the wife was supposedly inside during this time. I think the vast majority of responsible parents would head straight for that which presents the most anxiety, that which caused them to panic.

Was the only interview done on the day of disappearance? Playing devils advocate here, but the children hadn’t been missing long so they may have been worried but not terrified just yet.

OTOH if my younger children are out of my sight for a few seconds I panic.
The boys had been missing for two days and I think the main reason for the interview was to address the accusation by neighbors that they stayed in the house and were not out looking for the children.

They explained that police told them to stay in the house, that they had the best searchers out there looking, and to stay put.

The dad said they were ordered to stay in the house in case police needed to get a hold of them. Yet during the second search police acted as if they expected the parents to be there. Later the chief stated he didn't know where the parents were.

Imo

Considering TW had just emerged from the house, where he questioned his wife over the boy's whereabouts and was in the process of searching the backyard upon realizing the gate was left open, I believe returning inside the house and searching first is at the very least, extremely bizarre. The sight of the gate left open is startling enough to cause TW to "panic", according to him, yet his response is to hesitate on addressing that possibility which presents the most significant degree of concern? He said himself that the sight caused him to panic, whereas if the boys had indeed somehow slipped past him and went inside the home...inside the home is a safe space. Not to mention the wife was supposedly inside during this time. I think the vast majority of responsible parents would head straight for that which presents the most anxiety, that which caused them to panic.
Yeah, it would have made more sense if he said he told his wife to search the house while he went outside to continue searching the yard and the neighborhood, since they had apparently just been outside minutes ago.

This will be a moot point of different interpretation *IF* the emerging speculation that the two missing boys never even lived at that location is correct. If the neighbors are correct in that they have never seen the children, well that is extremely troubling. Pandemic or not, you'd see kids around the house, or at minimum, hear them.

This case is deeply disturbing at multiple levels. The two adults need to be separated and repeatedly interviewed by LE. IF there is criminality involved here, one of them will snitch on the other for a deal. They always do. Let's hope that happens soon IF they are anyway involved.

I'm still trying to figure out the motivation to make two little boys disappear that could be part of a meal ticket for them (again, IF they are implicated).

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members