CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE - NO DISCUSSION

MAR 29, 2021
Mayor Karen Goh releases video message on Orrin and Orson West

MAR 29, 2021
Blog post: Adoptive grandmother of missing California City toddlers pleads for help | News | bakersfield.com
[...]

"Less than 18 hours after their disappearance we made the heart wrenching choice to place their four brothers (my other babies) in the hands of the FBI for their protection," Wanda West said, according to the post. "We had no clue what was happening or who was out there and in an instant all six of my grandchildren were gone. Out of my reach. I was shocked, hurt, worried, upset and confused."

The FBI clarified that it does not take children into custody, according to a spokesperson. Child Protective Services, as a policy, does not comment on specific cases they may or may not be involved with.

[...]

MAR 31, 2021
KGET.com Exclusive: 17s Perla Shaheen answers questions on the Orrin and Orson West investigation | KGET 17
[...]

Q: Have there been attempts to search for evidence at the Casa Loma Apartments?

I went to the Casa Loma apartments, a few days ago and spoke with some of the neighbors there, and they said that they did see Bakersfield Police and California city police officers, searching that apartment complex. At the beginning of the investigation but since then. I’m not sure if they’ve been back to those apartments.

Q: Why haven’t they updated the photos of the boys?

When I spoke to the California City Police Chief John Walker last, He told me that they did go through the adoptive parents phones, and the FBI also went through their phones. And since then, he believes that the adoptive parents got new cell phones. The only thing I know is that there were photos of the children on Jacqueline and Trezell’s phones, but I do not know why BPD or California City Police have not released those photos, I believe it’s the personal property of those parents. And so, investigators are not able to release those to the public. I know that many members of the public have been asking for photos of the boys, I spoke with the biological mother Ryan Dean, and she shared a few photos of them when she had them, and that was when they were, you know, one and two years old, I also spoke with the biological cousin of the two boys Rosanna Wills, and she told me she’s working to get the photos of the boys digitally aged, so that they look more as if they would today.

[...]

Q: What’s taking so long to make an arrest?

Bakersfield Police have made it really clear to the public that this is their top priority right now, and no resource is being spared in searching for these two boys, so I have hope that they’re working on this case, behind the scenes and there is case development they’ve told me there is case development behind the scenes in this investigation, but for now, you know we can’t be certain why they haven’t made an arrest yet. I do know that they’re working. They’re working on it.

Q: Where did the adoptive parents work in the last year?

After some thorough research I found that Trezell was used to work at a company called Summer Breeze Icecream. I tried to look into the business and I couldn’t find much information, but for now, that is the only career that I can find under Trezell West’s name according for Jacqueline West I haven’t found much.

[...]

Q: Who last saw the boys?

California City Police say that the adoptive grandma of the boys was the last person to have seen them. Other than that, I haven’t spoken with anyone who has seen the boys, other than one woman in the Casa Loma apartments who says she last saw them on September 23.

[...]

MAR 31, 2021
100 Days Missing: What we’ve learned since Orrin and Orson West disappeared | KGET 17
On December 21st, 4-year-old Orrin and 3-year-old Orson West were reported missing from their home in California City. One hundred days later, there remains no named suspects in the case, the mystery of what happened deepening as each day passes without a clue on their whereabouts.

So, let’s take it back to the very beginning: 3-year-old Orson and 4-year-old Orrin West were born in Bakersfield. Their mom, Ryan Dean, gave the boys their birth names, Cincere, with a C, and Classic. Their last names were Pettus.

[...]

MAR 31, 2021
Orrin, Orson West are 2 of 65,202 children reported missing in 2020 statewide | KGET 17
In 2020, there were 65,202 missing children reported in California, according to the California Department of Justice. That number includes 30 stranger abductions and 1,588 parental abductions. Two of those missing children: Orrin and Orson West.

The boys were reported missing on December 21, 2020. The California Department of Justice breaks up the number of missing children into different categories, but the category the West boys fall under remains unknown.

[...]

MAR 31, 2021
KGET Exclusive: BPD discusses Orrin, Orson West investigation on 100th day of their disappearance

MAR 31, 2021
'It's been too long': Prayer vigil marks 100 days since California City boys went missing | News | bakersfield.com
Wednesday marked a somber anniversary: it's been 100 days since brothers Orson and Orrin West were reported missing by their adoptive parents in California City.

"It's been 100 days and it's been too long," said RW, a cousin of Orson who was born as Classic.

She and other supporters held a vigil to mark the tragic anniversary outside Casa Loma Apartments in southeast Bakersfield and implored whoever knows something regarding the case to come forward.

"We're praying," she said. "We want justice. We want closure."

[...]

California City Mayor Jeanie O'Laughlin said that she hasn't been kept in the loop about any updates on the case.

"It seemed like right from the get-go those kids were never in California City," she said.

[...]

APR 7, 2021
Bakersfield woman feels harassed after YouTubers posted videos falsely linking her to missing boys case (turnto23.com)
"I thought this was a joke," Bakersfield resident CV said after multiple YouTubers were on her front doorstep Thursday, inquiring whether she was linked to the disappearance of two missing boys.

[...]

As seen in the videos posted by YouTube Channels AV Watchmen United We Stand and LV United We Stand, CV denies being related to Vasquez for several minutes.

[...]

One of the videos, posted on YouTube channel "A B", by Scott Preistab included a clip showing a photo of CV with a voice over that said "Is there an involvement in a trafficking ring. Are they being targeted, are they being used? groomed. "Have they been used, under the guise of witchcraft?"

CV said that type of narrative raises suspicion about something that is completely false.

[...]

APR 21, 2021
4 months after disappearance, community remains hopeful of finding missing West boys | KGET 17
Wednesday marks 121 days — exactly four months — since Orson and Orrin West disappeared from their home in California City.

The Bakersfield Police Department has not reported any new developments but say they have not given up the search. The activists that have gotten involved with the search themselves continue to hope for a happy ending to this story.

[...]

APR 22, 2021
The Unsolved Casefile: Where are Orson and Orrin West? - Court TV
[...]

The California City Police Department has confirmed there is still no physical evidence of a crime.

Klaas said he sympathizes with the Kern County community as it took 65 days for authorities to find a major break in his daughter’s case.

Currently, the missing toddler brothers are the youngest of 31 other missing children listed on the California Attorney General’s website.

[...]

Last edited:
JUN 1, 2021
Bakersfield Police release case update for missing West boys (turnto23.com)
[...]

According to BPD, in connection to this case, 83 people have been interviewed, 44 search warrants have been conducted on residences and electronic devices, 170 items have been seized, over 200 tips have been received, `16 mass area searches have been conducted and three searches have been conducted outside of California.

[...]

According to the latest facts released by BPD, all associated family members including the adoptive and biological parents have been interviewed by police, some on multiple occasions.

Police said this case "is not a cold case." BPD said a detective has been assigned as the full time lead investigator along with a team of detectives and crime analysts.

[...]

JUN 1, 2021
BPD releases information regarding investigation into missing California City toddlers | KGET 17
[...]

Police tweeted an image with statistics regarding the investigation and said the department is continuing to work with the California City Police Department as well as the FBI and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children to discover what happened to Orrin and Orson West.

Cal-City-Boys-Timeline-June-1.jpg

[...]

Also see: Search for information on missing California City boys continues | KBAK (bakersfieldnow.com)

JUN 1, 2021
BPD releases information regarding investigation into missing California City toddlers

JUN 2, 2021
BPD: Missing West brothers is not a cold case

JUN 12, 2021
Fourth birthday party for missing Cal City boy (bakersfieldnow.com)
[...]

Family and friends got together at Destiny Banquet Hall in Bakersfield with members of the community to celebrate Orson's birthday.

[...]

The group also held this party to remind the boys, and the community that they have not forgotten about them.

[...]

We reached out to the Bakersfield Police Department and they said there is no update in the missing boys investigation, but it is still an active investigation.

JUN 17, 2021
Bayan Wang 23ABC | Facebook
MISSING BOYS: The California City toddler brothers are still missing nearly seven months after their reported disappearance. No one has been arrested yet and no major lead has been publicized by the Bakersfield Police Department. I may be in Denver now, but I'm still doing my best to be on top of this case and to keep the boys in national headlines with COURT TV. My Q/A with Vinny starts at 4:52.

JUN 18, 2021
TUNE IN NOW: I'll be joining "Duty Ron" in 15 minutes Live on YouTube to talk about the missing California City boys. 7:30 p.m. (Pacific Time) 10:30 p.m (ET). Tune in!

JUN 19, 2021
MISSING BOYS: I joined former NYPD detective "Duty Ron" on Friday (40:34) to discuss the missing California City boys case, my career update and my plans to continue reporting on the boys from Denver. I hopped on the stream at 40:34 and had a chance to chat with the family of Maya Millette, the 39-year-old Chula Vista mother of three, who disappeared on January 7.

(Post includes the link to the YouTube video)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back