Found Deceased CA - Paul Miller, 51, Canadian missing in Joshua Tree National Park, San Bernardino Co., 13 Jul 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first thought when I heard this was that 'a man in a mission' meant that he needed to get where he wanted to get to end his life... possibly prior to changing his own mind or prior to his wife tracking him down. :(
Looks can certainly be deceiving, but if you look at the picture of the two of them together...it’s really hard to imagine.

I don't think he disappeared with the intention with starting a new life somewhere (much easier ways to do that I'm sure), but with the intention of ending his life. As for his wife not going with him, that does somewhat diminish that possibility, but could be explained, IMO. I won't speculate on that. All of the possible scenarios discussed have their merits and weak points, but my opinion is that suicide is the most likely one. Sad no matter what happened.

I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around someone choosing to end their life while on vacation to a foreign country with their wife on their 26th wedding anniversary . Seems they’re leaving a lot to chance. Why there and then versus when they are on their home turf and have a bit more control. What are the probabilites ? I honestly don’t know, and as I said having a hard time wrapping my head around it all, just don’t really know what to think. TIA

Did the family hire a PI. The cops only work on these cases for a short time.

No they have not. They've been vocal that they feel not enough has been done to find Paul, and yet they are not utilizing any of the funds raised (quite a sum so far) to hire additional resources. I don't get it.

Contrast this with the family of the young man missing in the Santa Monica Mountains (Matthew Weaver) who set out to raise a very modest amount to pay for the PI they had *already* hired and for reward money.

No they have not. They've been vocal that they feel not enough has been done to find Paul, and yet they are not utilizing any of the funds raised (quite a sum so far) to hire additional resources. I don't get it.

Contrast this with the family of the young man missing in the Santa Monica Mountains (Matthew Weaver) who set out to raise a very modest amount to pay for the PI they had *already* hired and for reward money.
Rather than a PI, I would have additional trackers with the latest technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak