GUILTY CA - Paul Pelosi, the speaker’s husband, violently attacked after assailant broke into their SF home, Oct 2022 *arrest*

How US Capitol Police learned of break-in​

US Capitol Police first learned of the break-in at the San Francisco home about 10 minutes after the incident when an officer noticed police lights and sirens on a live camera feed in the Capitol Police’s Washington, DC, command center, according to a source briefed on the attack.

CNN previously reported there may be video of the break-in that US Capitol Police and law enforcement could review as there are security cameras at the home, according to two law enforcement sources.

The San Francisco Police Department had stopped regularly posting a patrol car outside Pelosi’s house last year, according to two additional sources.

I am not referring to anyone here on WS. The sentiments I'm referring to would not be allowed here anyway under the victim-friendly TOS.

I just need to get this off my chest.

I have been so disturbed by seeing people in the media, and even some elected officials, making light of this crime.

An old man was sleeping in his own bed in his own home, when a violent person broke into his home and ended up inflicting a skull fracture and other injuries that landed this man in the ICU.

And people think this is a source of amusement.

Shaking my head
Amen! IMO

Zip tie vs. twist tie
I don’t think that was a typo or error in the charging documents. Depape is the one that called it twist ties in the document. But they were in fact zip ties. That is how I read it.

Earlier reporting referred to them as twist ties because that it what Depape said. imo I think of a twist tie as something on the end of a bread loaf or something you tie off a garbage bag with. I wondered how you could tie someone up with that.

Rather than saying folks are making light or downplaying something, it might be better just to post a correction - only a suggestion. imo

Thank you, IzzyBlanche.
The fact that folks are arguing over what imo is a clear typo/error in the charging document to try and downplay this is disappointing.

It's also clear in the charging documents under Statement of the Case, that the issue of 'another person present' is referring to act of breaking and entering when a person/resident is present when the break-in occurred. It has nothing to do with someone else being present in the home with PP. The 'another person present' is Paul Pelosi. Lines 17 -20 on page 3.

Anyone else find it dd that the glass appears tp have been broken from INSIDE not outside in the photo of the patio door?
Something about this is off.
@IzzyBlanche 's post # 138 re: video of tempered glass in door being smashed

Last edited:
Anyone else find it dd that the glass appears tp have been broken from INSIDE not outside in the photo of the patio door?
Something about this is off.

No, especially if you go online and review quite a few YT videos that show different types of glass and how they can break showering glass both in and outside of a frame.

November 2, 2022

Press Release

The Command Center has access to roughly 1,800 cameras, which provide us the capability to collect evidence from any camera’s location at any time, while also allowing Command Center personnel to monitor select video feeds. Among these are cameras that are used to actively monitor the Speaker’s San Francisco residence around the clock when she is there. While the Speaker was with her security detail in Washington, D.C., the San Francisco cameras were not actively monitored as they are when the Speaker is at the residence. The Command Center personnel noticed the police activity on the screen and used the feeds to monitor the response and assist investigators.
The Department has begun an internal security review and will be gathering input and questions from our Congressional stakeholders. We have been immensely grateful for the critical support the Congress already provided to secure the U.S. Capitol Complex after January 6, 2021. The funding was vital for us to implement dozens of immediate improvements. Now we will fast-track the work we have already been doing to enhance the protection of Members outside of Washington, D.C., while also providing new protective options that will address concerns following Friday’s targeted attack.
Our brave men and women are working around the clock to meet this urgent mission during this divisive time. In the meantime, a significant change that will have an immediate impact will be for people across our country to lower the temperature on political rhetoric before it’s too late.

No, especially if you go online and review quite a few YT videos that show different types of glass and how they can break showering glass both in and outside of a frame.
Especially since we know DD didn't break the window by throwing a brick or rock which simply went through and landed on the inside -- he hit it (multiple times, the reports say) with a hammer, which he then had to retract each time.

It seems expected to me that there would be broken glass on both sides of the window. MOO

"The Capitol Police camera caught a man breaking a glass panel to enter the Pelosi's home, three people familiar with how Capitol Police learned of the break-in told The Washington Post."

Well, that certainly settles the question about the glass appearing to have been broken from the inside! The perp was caught on camera breaking the glass to enter.

I don't think any reliable source has said he was in his underwear, have they? Also, he didn't hit Mr. Pelosi until the police had arrived.

I believe the police report said the perp was wearing shorts. I didn’t take that to mean underwear. You are correct that he didn’t hit Mr Pelosi until just after the police arrived when he gained control of the hammer he and Mr Pelosi we’re fighting over before LE could act.

The Capitol Police, who monitor cameras of many places including the Pelosi home, saw De Pape use the hammer to smash the window and enter the home when they rewound the video. So this is established fact regardless of what some may prefer to think. Yes, it was definitely a breakdown in security at the Pelosi home that I’m sure is being investigated and will be addressed. But in real life there is no guarantee of perfect security. The White House has been breached during President Obama’s term and Queen Elizabeth woke up to find a man in her bedroom (links posted by me earlier). It happens.

1 Initial information reported by a credible news source, claims the perp was in his underwear, now apparently, they've updated the description to say "shorts"
RSBM

From USA Today:
"The claims are false. A news outlet mistakenly reported that DePape was in his underwear at the time of the attack, but has since published a correction. DePape was wearing shorts while Pelosi was wearing a pajama shirt and boxer shorts, police said."

RSBM

From USA Today:
"The claims are false. A news outlet mistakenly reported that DePape was in his underwear at the time of the attack, but has since published a correction. DePape was wearing shorts while Pelosi was wearing a pajama shirt and boxer shorts, police said."

Regarding the perp's attire, that's exactly what I said Correct? What am I missing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back