GUILTY CA - Paul Pelosi, the speaker’s husband, violently attacked after assailant broke into their SF home, Oct 2022 *arrest*

I don't see any reason why police terminology such as "wellness check" can't be broad enough to include both requested checks on a person who can't be reached by friends or family, as well as a 911 call during which no specific threat is spelled out but there is still some concern (including 911 hangups or if the line is entirely silent).

Some citizens criticize LE for the "embarrassment" if LE shows up with lights, sirens and fire trucks to what turns out to be a family quarrel or drunken neighbor who won't stop aiming the garden hose next door, or whatever.

LE has to walk the middle line to respond appropriately to meet safety and crime needs but also in a way that isn't so overkill that it upsets the citizenry. MOO.

As for why PP didn't run outside past the police -- he would not IMO have much reason to think he was in immediate danger once LE was standing right there! He could have run out at any point before LE arrived as well, if DD had started shooting at him or whatever. DD had not apparently displayed any violent behavior until after LE was there and the door was opened to them. I'm not sure any of us, in PP's position, without the benefit of hindsight of what was about to happen, would have thought it imperative to run out past the police.

MOO

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a police classification wellness check? This is used to classify events in which there is no specific reason to believe someone is in danger, but the person hasn't showed up at work or hasn't be reachable by family, so police check to make sure the individual is okay. This wasn't that is my point. I could be wrong on that though as I'm only going by what I think is true about law enforcement operations.

I can see where the confusion lies, but if wellness check is an actual police designation, then "well-being check" is a poor choice of words because it implies there was no immediate danger they were aware of. What we know about the situation through the police report negates that.

MOO.

Lately I started watching 911 Crisis Center

They occasionally get those kind of calls, where someone is calling but they can't figure out what's going on. If it doesn't sound like someone is in distress or they're not hearing shouts, gunshots, etc. they call on police to do a wellness check. Police usually leave right away. The 911 dispatchers listen closely and try to get the caller to respond. If something happens that sounds serious, they immediately call for backup, EMS, etc. Everyone usually gets there pretty quickly, within a minute or two. It seems to be SOP

I don't see any reason why police terminology such as "wellness check" can't be broad enough to include both requested checks on a person who can't be reached by friends or family, as well as a 911 call during which no specific threat is spelled out but there is still some concern (including 911 hangups or if the line is entirely silent).

Some citizens criticize LE for the "embarrassment" if LE shows up with lights, sirens and fire trucks to what turns out to be a family quarrel or drunken neighbor who won't stop aiming the garden hose next door, or whatever.

LE has to walk the middle line to respond appropriately to meet safety and crime needs but also in a way that isn't so overkill that it upsets the citizenry. MOO.

As for why PP didn't run outside past the police -- he would not IMO have much reason to think he was in immediate danger once LE was standing right there! He could have run out at any point before LE arrived as well, if DD had started shooting at him or whatever. DD had not apparently displayed any violent behavior until after LE was there and the door was opened to them. I'm not sure any of us, in PP's position, without the benefit of hindsight of what was about to happen, would have thought it imperative to run out past the police.

MOO
But they were fighting over a hammer. If I am recalling the current correct info, when police arrived, both men had their hands on the hammer, were told to drop it. Mr Pelosi did let go and then is when the perp struck him. He must have thought this guy was a some sort of a threat, hence why they were both trying to get the hammer.

ETA rephrase my opinion.
moo

Last edited:
But they were fighting over a hammer. If I am recalling the current correct info, when police arrived, both men had their hands on the hammer, were told to drop it. Mr Pelosi did let go and then is when the perp struck him. He must have thought this guy was a some sort of a threat, hence why they were both trying to get the hammer.

ETA rephrase my opinion.
moo
It's not clear to me whether they both had hands on the hammer AS PP OPENED THE DOOR TO LE or whether that happened in the moment immediately afterwards. Either scene could have been reported as being "the first thing LE registered".

If they both had hands on, then that means DD was close to the door as well as PP. This seems less likely to me but MOO. If it is true then you are right I think PP might have tried to get out/away past LE.

At the same time, we all know not to "make any sudden moves" around LE. Until the cops got their bearings, who knows how they might have (reasonably) reacted to someone appearing to rush them the moment the door opened?

I still maintain my opinion that PP thought he was safe once LE was there. Who would expect an assault to continue, much less begin, once LE are standing right there?

MOO

Short Version of the post below. If you would like to donate to our volunteer moderator staff please do so at Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me

Hi Everyone,
Forgive me for interrupting but this is important. Please do not post questions about this post on this thread. Go to THIS THREAD to ask questions.

The mod staff at Websleuths.com work non-stop to keep Websleuths open 24/7 and to make sure
Websleuths is a safe place for you to post.

If you would like to donate to the moderators at Websleuths.com please do so using this link Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me

Websleuths.com will always be free for members. If you like to read at Websleuths because of the incredible work of our members please know the reason our members are able to do what they do is because of our dedicated volunteer moderator staff.

This video explains what the moderators do every day to keep Websleuths the most respected true crime discussion forum on the Internet.

Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith Owner/Websleuths.com

A new article today from Daily Mail saying DP smashed his shoulder into the glass window.

"The court filing said DePape smashed his shoulder through a glass window early Friday in the back of the Pelosis' Pacific Heights home"

Both PP and DP had their hands on the hammer when PP opened the door to the police.

"When they rang the doorbell, DePape reportedly told Pelosi not to open the door, but Pelosi did anyway using his left hand.

Pelosi and DePape stood in the dimly lit foyer and faced the officers as Pelosi calmly greeted them, according to the police report

When one of the officers asked the men what was going on, DePape responded 'everything's good' and pulled his hands toward his body.

When an officer turned on his flashlight, DePape could be seen holding the bottom handle of the hammer with one hand and Pelosi's right arm with the other. Pelosi's right hand was also on the handle of the hammer."

A prominent media watchdog is calling on NBC News to be "more transparent" about its stunning retraction of a report last week on the Paul Pelosi attack, and critics from all sides are demanding more of an explanation.

"It's incumbent on NBC to be more transparent about the process, and say publicly what, if anything, was inaccurate in the report," Steve Krakauer wrote.

(…)
"Whatever the backstory is, we don't know it - and it's incumbent on NBC to be more transparent about the process, and say publicly what, if anything, was inaccurate in the report," Krakauer wrote. "In the meantime, the rest of the media have pretended it didn't happen."

NBC News did not immediately respond when asked what exactly was wrong with Almaguer’s report and for comment on Krakauer’s criticism.

Krakauer's not the only one bringing the heat to NBC. Left-wing "Pod Save America" host Dan Pfeiffer said NBC couldn't have handled the matter more poorly and was only feeding conspiracy theorists.

"Are we allowed to ask WTF about the NBC report, or no?" independent journalist Matt Taibbi asked.

I say that the LE body cams and any CCTV footage should be released and then all the pointing fingers should go away. JMO

In today's world, it's highly unlikely that would be the end of the rumors. People are making a LOT of money stirring up rumors and conspiracy theories.
Look at what following those conspiracy theory peddlers did to DePape. According to his former boss, he stopped going to work. Spent all his time reading that stuff on his computer.

In today's world, it's highly unlikely that would be the end of the rumors. People are making a LOT of money stirring up rumors and conspiracy theories.
Look at what following those conspiracy theory peddlers did to DePape. According to his former boss, he stopped going to work. Spent all his time reading that stuff on his computer.

Those of us who see this kind of thing in healthcare know that conspiracy theorists pray on people with mental health vulnerabilities. It's revolting and I think in the coming years, it'll be recognized as abuse of the mentally ill.

That's not to excuse what DePape did.

Those of us who see this kind of thing in healthcare know that conspiracy theorists pray on people with mental health vulnerabilities. It's revolting and I think in the coming years, it'll be recognized as abuse of the mentally ill.

That's not to excuse what DePape did.

I hope there's some progress towards protecting vulnerable people from it. JMO, it borders on elderly abuse, too. We don't allow people to prey on the elderly, taking their money, etc.

No bail? I thought that everyone was eligible for bail, except for the most heinous crimes, such as child murderers. Hmm, waives hearings. Why am I not surprised?
I hope they have him on suicide watch.

No bail? I thought that everyone was eligible for bail, except for the most heinous crimes, such as child murderers. Hmm, waives hearings. Why am I not surprised?

Do suspects get bail when they waive hearings? I'm not sure.

I do consider attempted murder by hammer (right in front of police) to be heinous, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was denied bail, but the article doesn't say it was denied. He might still be eligible. He just hasn't participated in the process to get it maybe? MOO.

Do suspects get bail when they waive hearings? I'm not sure.

I do consider attempted murder by hammer (right in front of police) to be heinous, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was denied bail, but the article doesn't say it was denied. He might still be eligible. He just hasn't participated in the process to get it maybe? MOO.
I wonder if a person with an ICE retainer is eligible for bail? Probably. And San Francisco, being a "Sanctuary City" wouldn't tell ICE anything if he was released.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi revealed how she got the news that her husband, Paul, had been attacked, telling CNN’s Anderson Cooper that she was “very scared” when there was a knock on the door from Capitol Police.

Pelosi said in her first sit-down interview since the attack that she had been asleep in Washington, DC, after getting in the night before from San Francisco when her doorbell rang early in the morning. “I look up, I see it’s 5 [a.m. ET], they must be at the wrong apartment,” she told Cooper after he asked where she was when she got the news.

Pelosi went on to say that the doorbell rang again and then she heard “bang, bang, bang, bang, bang on the door.”

“So I run to the door, and I’m very scared,” Pelosi said, describing what unfolded. “I see the Capitol Police and they say, ‘We have to come in to talk to you.’”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back