CA - Paul Perez, 57, killed 5 of his infant children in 2007, Yolo Co, *Arrest in 2020*

Docket update:

08/19/2022 *PC995 Motion
Minute Order
Judicial Officer: Williams, Peter M.
Hearing Time: 1:30 PM
Result: Held

08/19/2022 Motion Granted
Comment
MOTION TO CONTINUE

08/19/2022 Remanded to the Custody of the Sheriff. Bail amount set at
Comment: amount of: NO BAIL

09/29/2022 *PC995 Motion
Hearing Time: 9:00 AM

link: Superior Court of California - County of Yolo

Thursday, Sept. 29th:
*PC995 Motions Hearing (@ 9am PT) – CA – Nikko Lee Perez (approx.. 3 mos. when found; b. Nov. 8, 1996 in Fresno, found March 29, 2007 east of Woodland in an irrigation slough & was wrapped in a Winnie the Pooh blanket & a layer of plastic before being placed in a metal cooler. The cooler was weighed down with heavy objects & submerged in the slough, located about 15 miles northwest of Sacramento. He suffered a fractured skull & other blunt force trauma. He also had healing fractures, including broken ribs, that showed a pattern of abuse), Kato Allen Perez (b. 1992 in Merced, known to be dead), Mika Alena Perez (b. 1995 in Merced, not found), Nikko Lee Perez (b. 1997 in Fresno, not found) & Kato Krow Perez (b. 2001 in Fresno, not found) - *Paul Allen Perez (30 @ time of first crime (1992)/57/now 60) arrested (1/21/20) & charged (1/22/20) & arraigned (1/28/20) with 5 counts of premeditated murder with special circumstances of lying in wait [special circumstances were dismissed], torture & multiple victims, 4 counts of assault on a child under 8 with force likely to produce great bodily injury resulting in death & criminal enhancements for his prior convictions. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Remanded to Sheriff’s custody (3/24/21) no bond. DP will not seek DP.
Info on children & court info from 1/28/20 thru 4/26/22 reference post #140 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ades-ago-yolo-co-arrest-in-2020.499745/page-7

6/21/22 Update: Hearing held. Present: Judge Peter Williams, defendant, Yolo County public defender Hutchinson & Yolo County DA Lambar. Remanded to the custody of the Sheriff, no bail. PCO brief by 8/1/22. Next PC995 Motion hearing on 8/19/22. 8/17/22: Notice of Motion & motion to continue.
8/19/22 Update: PC995 Motion hearing held; motion to continue-granted. Remanded to the custody of the Sheriff. Bail amount still set at no bail. Next PC995 motion hearing on 9/29/22. 9/20/22: Opposition to defense counsel's motion to set aside the information pursuant to Penal Code Section 995.

Where is the wife/mother in all of this?
Very little recent mention (understandable while Perez' case is under way). If the reports from his ex-wife are any indication, I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of the most horrific cases of domestic abuse and/or domestic slavery we'll see. I hope she turns star witness for the prosecution. He is clearly a monster.

For Susan Perez, the crowbar incident marked the last straw.

Her husband, Paul Allen Perez, had come home drunk again — and once again, he was mean and violent.

“She described him as being a devil when he drank alcohol,” Stephen Jerguson, an investigator for the Yolo County District Attorney’s Office, testified in Yolo Superior Court last week regarding his interview with Perez’s former spouse.

While Perez typically directed his wrath at his wife, this time he went after one of his three children, slamming the crowbar within a foot of their 3-year-old son’s head as he slept on a bed, Jerguson said.

“That was the final straw for her,” Jerguson said. While she could handle Perez’s mistreatment of her, “she wasn’t going to let her kids be in danger.”

So Susan Perez took the children and left. Paul Perez went on to remarry and have six more children, five of whom are believed to have met violent ends.

Last edited:
08/23/2022 Reporter's Transcript Filed
Comment: 2/26/21 STATUS CONFERENCE

09/20/2022 Opposition
Comment: OPPOSITION TO DEFENSE COUNSEL'S MOTION TO SET ASIDE THE INFORMATION PURSUANT TO PENAL CODE SECTION 995

09/28/2022 Filed
Comment: ATTACHMENTS FOR OPPOSITION TO MOTION

09/29/2022 *PC995 Motion
Original Type: *PC995 Motion
Criminal/Traffic Minute Order
Parties Present:
Defendant: PEREZ, PAUL ALLEN
Attorney: YOLO COUNTY PUBLIC DEFENDER
Plaintiff: The People of the State of California
District Attorney: YOLO COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY

09/29/2022 *PC995 Motion
Original Type: *PC995 Motion
*PC995 Motion
Hearing Time: 1:30 PM
Parties Present:
Defendant: PEREZ, PAUL ALLEN
Attorney: YOLO COUNTY PUBLIC DEFENDER
Plaintiff: The People of the State of California
District Attorney: YOLO COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY

09/29/2022 Motion Denied
Comment: 995

09/29/2022 Remanded to the Custody of the Sheriff. Bail amount set at
Comment: NO BAIL

10/10/2022 *Review
Comment: Visitation

11/09/2022 *Trial Setting Conference

ink: Superior Court of California - County of Yolo

I'm Paul Perez's younger brother, unfortunately I can't comment on the case right now because I'm part of the prosecution's witnesses in the case, I can say I hope he's prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, I would be open to answering all of your questions after the trial, I thank all of you for the case updates as I can't bring myself to go to the court proceedings, It triggers me to even think of him, I can't wait until this is all over, breaks my heart not knowing where all the children are, prayers for them please.

I'm Paul Perez's younger brother, unfortunately I can't comment on the case right now because I'm part of the prosecution's witnesses in the case, I can say I hope he's prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, I would be open to answering all of your questions after the trial, I thank all of you for the case updates as I can't bring myself to go to the court proceedings, It triggers me to even think of him, I can't wait until this is all over, breaks my heart not knowing where all the children are, prayers for them please.

Welcome to WS & this thread! My heart goes out to you - it must be horrific!
((((HUGS))))

How do you become a verified insider?
Here ya go:

“If a member wants to post as a professional (a lawyer, shrink, and so on) or as a local/knows the people involved then they must email us at the following email: wsverify@yahoo.com

Please include:

The case

Your Websleuths name

Your phone number and a good time to call

Your real name

Location (City and State)

In the subject line please put your user name and which case you are asking to be verified on

All info will be kept strictly confidential.”

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

So sorry for the circumstances.

Here ya go:

“If a member wants to post as a professional (a lawyer, shrink, and so on) or as a local/knows the people involved then they must email us at the following email: wsverify@yahoo.com

Please include:

The case

Your Websleuths name

Your phone number and a good time to call

Your real name

Location (City and State)

In the subject line please put your user name and which case you are asking to be verified on

All info will be kept strictly confidential.”

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

So sorry for the circumstances.
Thank you so much, I appreciate it.

Just some general info for all of you as it's important for me to have everyone know something about me since I've decided to join the discussion and this group, im Native American and belong to the the Crow Nation, im a enrolled member of the tribe and I belong to the Big Lodge Clan, we come from a very close loving clan and we always support and cherish each other's family and are especially loving towards the children so to have something of this caliber happen in our immediate family is so heartbreaking and traumatic, it seems this generation of my family was hit hard with trauma and systemic abuses, I am the only one of my family that has gone to therapy and counseling as I recognized early in my life something was out of balance with my siblings, I put in alot of work with my own children and have 3 wonderful sons and 6 awesome grandkids, my family was subjected to the harsh conditions of residential schools and me and my siblings are the first generation to not have had to go to these horrific schools, I belevie this has something to do with what went on in not only our family but of so many native communities as all native children were forced to go to these schools, I will be following this thread and case very closely and I appreciate all the input you all bring, it's certainly a tragic story and can't beleive its real some days, evil is all around us in this cold world but I beleive there's still love and hope around every corner, many blessings to all of you and all your relations, Ah'o

How do you become a verified insider?
The advantage of becoming a verified insider is that you won’t be required to provide a source for the information you provide, such as a newspaper or television station. So sorry for your situation. Websleuths is victim friendly. You would be included as a victim of the crime, having lost your nieces and nephews through no fault of your own.

The advantage of becoming a verified insider is that you won’t be required to provide a source for the information you provide, such as a newspaper or television station. So sorry for your situation. Websleuths is victim friendly. You would be included as a victim of the crime, having lost your nieces and nephews through no fault of your own.
Thank you, I appreciate your sympathy, I was concerned about negativity, everyones been very welcoming

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back