CA CA - Paula Pope, 18, Fresh Pond, 3 Sept. 1972

Discussion in '1970's Missing' started by apearn, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

Paula Ann Pope
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Pope, circa 1972

• Missing Since 09/03/1972
    • Missing From Fresh Pond, California
    • Classification Endangered Missing
    • Sex Female
    • Race White
    • Date of Birth 09/14/1953 (67)
    • Age 18 years old
    • Height and Weight 4'10 - 4'11, 85 pounds
    • Clothing/Jewelry Description A short-sleeved white blouse and faded blue jeans.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Pope may use the name Judith Paula Ann Pile. She has a small mole on her chest and her ears are pierced. She wears hard contact lenses.
    Details of Disappearance

Pope was last seen in Fresh Pond, California on September 3, 1972. She was camping with her husband and some friends at the Cripple Creek Campground.

Pope and her husband got into an argument because she wanted to go to a rock concert in Carson City, Nevada and he couldn't go. Pope left their camper angrily. A female friend went with her, but came back for her coat. When her friend left the trailer again, Pope had vanished.

She apparently hitchhiked to the rock concert and then hitchhiked back with two people from Sacramento, where she lived. She decided to return to the campsite, although her companions wanted her to go to Sacramento with them. They last saw her talking to "motorcycle types."

Pope has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency
    • El Dorado County Sheriff's Office 530-642-4710
    Source Information

Lavender Moon and theshadow45 like this.

2. Lindar88

Lindar88 New Member

Starlite11, please message me! Paula was my big sister.

Beekarina, Suglo and sunnynz like this.
  3. Lindar88

Lindar88 New Member

Starlite11, please message me! Paula was my big sister.

4. Luckyzmom

Luckyzmom Well-Known Member

@Lindar88 Welcome to WS glad to have you here, I am terribly sorry for what happened to your sister.
    Please share any updates you have with us. We need anything that can help us find her , do you have anything you can share to help ??
    Thanks in advance. Always happy to have family and friends of missing people lots of important info gets overlooked.

5. burblestein

burblestein Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, Lindar88. Getting information from a family member instead of having that info filtered through that info gathered by LE and dispensed through media is going to screen out the sort of error that arises in this game of "telephone". You can be a great asset to the investigation.

You may have better luck contacting Starlite11 through this site's internal email system.

6. Lindar88

Lindar88 New Member

Thank you for the warm welcomes! I will do the best I can, however, I was only 6 when she disappeared. So I was hoping to find answers or at least understand what really happened. Starlite11 stated she knew Paula and was in her wedding, so was I...I was Paula's flower girl.

7. theshadow45

theshadow45 Well-Known Member

There's now a composite for Calistoga Jane Doe from her Doe Network page, side-by-sides of Paula Pope and CJD (center): [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] . I resubmitted Paula as a possibility now that a DNA profile for CJD has been developed.

Mountain Mama, Calixo, apearn and 4 others like this.
  8. Lindar88

Lindar88 New Member

upload_2021-3-31_11-41-38.png
    Paula disappeared just a few months after her wedding .This is one of the last photos of her that I know of .
    Starlite 11, which one is you?

Attached Files: