Found Deceased CA - Perrean Tamar Flennaugh Gray, 20's, Oakland or San Franciso, abt 2001

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Original

Sex: Female
Height 5' 2" - 5' 3" (62 - 63 Inches)
Weight 120 - 135 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: Black / African American

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact June 1, 2001
NamUs Case Created December 27, 2018
Last Known Location Map
Location San Francisco, California
San Francisco County

Circumstances of Disappearance

Perrean left home at the age of 17. Over the years she has been seen one time by her mother when a family member was in the hospital. Family friends have reported seeing her in the San Francisco and Oakland area. In 2003 she was assaulted by a boyfriend in San Francisco. She was hospitalized, he was arrested. She did not show up in court and the boyfriend was released. Last sighting was approximately 2007 where she was seen driving in the Oakland area. There has been no activity on her ssn, and all database hits are dated. There is a possibility that she may have been in the Las Vegas area. Last known addresses were Foothill Blvd and 39th Avenue in Oakland, CA.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

BBM: Note that I used 2007 as the date in the title even though NAMUS has "last contact" as June 1, 2001.

Woman found dead in Sacramento dumpster fire identified with DNA nearly 2 decades later identified

"Her name is Perrean Gray.

Now nearly two decades after Perrean Gray’s charred body was discovered in a south Sacramento dumpster, Sacramento police investigators hope the critical DNA lead that at long last identified the woman in recent days will point them to the person or people responsible for her death.

Sacramento police officials on Tuesday set the grim scene for Gray’s death at 20 years old. It was early June 29, 2001, 5 a.m., when a Sacramento Fire Department crew was called to a blaze in the 7900 block of 18th Avenue. The Dumpster was fully engulfed. Inside was a woman’s body.
(...)
Now, with her identity solved, police are asking for the community’s help regarding the circumstances surrounding the case."

edit: Body found in California dumpster 18 years ago ID'd another article which says she was reported missing in San Francisco

Last edited:
So, how come Namus has some actions for her in 2003 if she was already dead?
or did the identified report made some mistake about when the body was found?

Yeah I was so confused by that, that's why I did some additional googling to make sure it was the same person, and it really seems it is. I really don't know :/ Anyone have any theories?
edit: I just read on a different platform the altercation and the hospital visit happened in 2001 (or prior to that year) but it's listed falsely on NAMUS, and of course sightings are unreliable. Hmmm waiting for more official sources, but it's the same person, yeah.

Last edited:
Woman found dead in Sacramento dumpster fire identified with DNA nearly 2 decades later identified

"Her name is Perrean Gray.

Now nearly two decades after Perrean Gray’s charred body was discovered in a south Sacramento dumpster, Sacramento police investigators hope the critical DNA lead that at long last identified the woman in recent days will point them to the person or people responsible for her death.

Sacramento police officials on Tuesday set the grim scene for Gray’s death at 20 years old. It was early June 29, 2001, 5 a.m., when a Sacramento Fire Department crew was called to a blaze in the 7900 block of 18th Avenue. The Dumpster was fully engulfed. Inside was a woman’s body.
(...)
Now, with her identity solved, police are asking for the community’s help regarding the circumstances surrounding the case."

edit: Body found in California dumpster 18 years ago ID'd another article which says she was reported missing in San Francisco

How strange that there were reported sightings after 2001. Makes me wonder if someone stole her identity or if perhaps the person who reported seeing her those times was the same person who murdered her. MOO.

Rest in Peace Perrean.

Yeah I was so confused by that, that's why I did some additional googling to make sure it was the same person, and it really seems it is. I really don't know :/ Anyone have any theories?
edit: I just read on a different platform the altercation and the hospital visit happened in 2001 (or prior to that year) but it's listed falsely on NAMUS, and of course sightings are unreliable. Hmmm waiting for more official sources, but it's the same person, yeah.

makes me think that bf is her killer. so she wouldn't show up in court.

makes me think that bf is her killer. so she wouldn't show up in court.
Something similar happened in Haydee Rodriguez's case. Some 10 years after her disappearance her husband(killer) had his sister-in-law pose as her then she was taken off missing persons databases. She went missing before an upcoming court date against him for domestic violence and kidnapping her.

This case was solved by Parabon months ago (Perrean Gray) however the FBI’s website VICAP still shows an unidentified Jane Doe from Sacramento in 2001.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back