Found Deceased CA - Philip Kreycik, 37, Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park, 10 Jul 2021 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by mlhenn, Jul 11, 2021.

1. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

jash, AnnaGrace, IHAVENOCLUE and 18 others like this.

2. Emi

Emi Well-Known Member

AnnaGrace, Traymar, gliving and 10 others like this.
  3. Emi

Emi Well-Known Member

4. TwoLea

TwoLea Active Member

5. aim4thestars

aim4thestars Well-Known Member

Heartbreaking. His family and friends are in my thoughts. I am glad that there are some answers, finally.

6. Emi

Emi Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  7. runspired

runspired Verified Insider - Philip Kreycik discussion

Hi folks,

i won’t be providing more details until investigation wraps but I would say in terms of location this was within the primary search area and the descriptions thus far are vague / wrong mostly because that conference started while detectives were still arriving to the scene. So be patient.

obviously heartbroken, everyone here is.

8. Elana619

Elana619 Active Member

I have gone on unfamiliar runs and been sidetracked on game trials before. I usually download the trail onto my watch with breadcrumb capabilities so if I get off course a 1/4 of a mile it beeps loudly. Saved me many times. Those game trials can look so similar to the main trail.

jash, LAhiker, IHAVENOCLUE and 22 others like this.
  9. siliconrod

siliconrod Well-Known Member

10. hooziewhutz

hooziewhutz Member

For those following the mapping, somebody posted this interesting image of a helicopter's flightpath this afternoon. Presumably zig-zagging over the area he was found.

Attached Files:

11. ElizabethAnne

ElizabethAnne Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear this. Very sad. I heard the news conference and was confused about him being found north of Moller Ranch. That would mean west of Blessing Dr and north near Dublin Canyon Road.

You were right though. He was in the park somewhere. The statement that 100% of the park where Philip could and would be was searched that was made by the police on Sunday was not accurate.

The community volunteer searchers did not give up. For days and weeks the community volunteer searchers kept at it. At least finding Philip will bring some sense of closure to the family. Thank you for leading the community search effort. As a Pleasanton resident, I am grateful for the time and effort you have poured into this in trying to find your friend.

jash, Denisedyann, LAhiker and 22 others like this.
  12. Tower

Tower Well-Known Member

I was so invested in this family and felt very connected to Philip, for many reasons. I’m very sad and can only imagine how difficult this is for his family and friends. Thank you @runspired and please accept my deepest condolences.

jash, Denisedyann, kelsie and 17 others like this.
  13. Thank you for sharing this!

14. Emi

Emi Well-Known Member

Alameda County Sheriff @ACSOSheriffs 1h
    We are heartbroken today. We send all our love and support to the Kreycik Family. Philip touched all of us who worked on the search team. We are thankful to our community volunteers and the people of Pleasanton who never wavered in their commitment. We will always remember Philip

[​IMG]

15. ElizabethAnne

The reporter toward the end of the news segment says he was found on a ridge overlooking 580 and near a cluster of homes.

jash, IHAVENOCLUE, Traymar and 13 others like this.
  16. Hazelnutty

Hazelnutty Kindness Matters

Oh no. I'm so very sorry to read this news. Prayers for his family and friends

17. ElizabethAnne

The Blessing Dr that Chris and I were talking about is where the photo was taken that the SF Chronicle is showing on photo 2 of 5 that police have blocked off Missing runner case: Volunteer searcher finds body near trail, under tree

Here is the map https://www.ebparks.org/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?BlobID=29796

Where the photo might have been taken from is the end of the mislabeled Morgan Dr which is really Blessing Dr. It is the way to access the ridge from The Preserve neighborhood. The map is hard to read and you need to zoom into it to see any details. If you get a paywall on the SF Chron article, I'm sorry. It opens for me in incognito mode.

The Chronicle provides a map in the article showing where Philip's body was found. However, they have mislabeled Dublin Canyon Road as Diablo Canyon Road. I think they meant to label the road Dublin Canyon Road.

He was not far from the Preserve subdivision and houses near Dublin Canyon Road. So sad.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    IHAVENOCLUE, Flicka1, j_in_c and 11 others like this.
  18. Emi

Emi Well-Known Member

19. Emi

Emi Well-Known Member

20. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

IHAVENOCLUE, Traymar, Flicka1 and 7 others like this.