Found Deceased CA - Philip Kreycik, 37, Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park, 10 Jul 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.....the first night he came and picked up PK, after unloading the groceries. Was JY home then?
presumably not, because that would imply that JY took the kids to Stockton (1.5 hrs away) on 7/9 evening for one night (driving herself there alone with kids in the dark), with the plan that PK would drive 1.5 hrs the following day 7/10 around noon to get the kids. doesnt make as much sense to me, but idk

ADMIN NOTE:

Hey everyone,

At this point, nobody knows what has happened to Philip, whether accident, misadventure, or foul play, etc ... and there is certainly no officially named POI or suspect in Philip's disappearance.

Please read The Rules (linked in my signature). Websleuths is Victim Friendly, and victims include loved ones and friends of a missing person. It's fine to ask questions respectfully or post an opinion, but do so without casting aspersions or making direct or indirect accustions at anyone, let alone at a friend who is trying to help find one of his running buddies.

Post respectfully and responsibly, in accordance with Websleuths rules, or your post will be removed and there may be a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

The thread will reopen once we've had a chance to clean it up.

Thread is open again after a massive cleanup of TOS violations (off topic, rumors, social media, not victim friendly, accusations/insinuations, etc).

All members, new and long term, are required to familiarize themselves with Websleuths TOS (aka The Rules, linked in my signature). In addition to those 'rules', any post that is determined by a Mod or Admin to be inappropriate or not in keeping with WS policies will be removed at our discretion.

As this thread has been somewhat labor intensive, we thank our veteran members who Report on suspected or obvious TOS violations for our review. The sooner we can get to them and review them and deal with them, the fewer long thread closures members will experience.

Thanks to everyone for your cooperation in helping this discussion run smoothly and for being here to help find out what has happened to Philip.

Sillybilly
WS Administrator

I'm also completely, utterly stumped aa to the symbolism of Fort Point Villager. Anyone??

Edited to add:

from the AMA

If you haven't taken the time to go for a run with the intent to just stop and sit and enjoy nature, especially with a beer, I highly recommend it. Philip now would too.

Does this strike anyone else as...strange?

This is my guess to what Fort Point Villager is in reference to:
From the official FB Page CT posted on 7/13 "Thirdly, thank you to the everyone. So many people have jumped in and filled roles. Details of our effort that I hoped were being sorta maybe covered I turn around to see have organized crews with full coverage. There's a village here, and its what we need."

This is my guess to what Fort Point Villager is in reference to:
From the official FB Page CT posted on 7/13 "Thirdly, thank you to the everyone. So many people have jumped in and filled roles. Details of our effort that I hoped were being sorta maybe covered I turn around to see have organized crews with full coverage. There's a village here, and its what we need."
Agree this is the likely meaning. This is so terribly sad, Philip, where ARE you?

Just a few notes on “heat-sensing” drones and similar cameras. They work based on the heat differential between objects, such as a 98.6 degree living person and surrounding 70 ground or similar temperature mismatches. They cannot see through vegetation, water, and other physical objects that would keep your eyes from seeing something directly. So if a body is under brush or tree cover, hidden by rocks, or no longer living so it’s simply the same as the ambient temperature, so you are not going to see it.

I point this out to simply keep open the possibility that the missing WAS attacked by a mountain lion and then dragged off the trail under vegetation cover that drones cannot penetrate. Lions are incredibly strong and could easily overpower a runner and pull them down a ravine.

Could he not have just dropped it into a postbox?

Surely the only reason he needed to visit an actual post office counter and get served by a clerk is if the package was too big and wouldn't fit in a street collection box?

MOO
Could have been an Amazon package return which could require dropping off package at counter vs drop box.

I'm more than a little confused by scent dogs, and their limitations. I also found that bit confusing when read the article.

How close is the beginning of the trail to an area where cars would pass? i.e. could PK or another person have moved with scent to the start of trail, and have been picked up at that spot? My only knowledge is from photos online, and this seems possible in some of the locations I have seen which almost appear to start off as roads. Is the area where he was believed to have ran also like this?

Speculation ONLY by me. I'm only curious and bouncing ideas of explanations for how/why his scent may have gone cold. I am assuming there are likely many others.
He could have walked from his car to trailhead, turned around and walked back to car and maybe was picked up by another driver- maybe to go on a nearby run- maybe a slightly different route but that would end up back at Moller Staging Area where Philip's car was left by Philip?

I know! So precise. Why not just 12.30hrs. The 35 is weird, but may give an indication into to Philip's precise life. But no-one could be that sure of finishing a new trail to the nearest minute.
If he was supposed to pick up the kids in Stockton at 12:30pm, but time would actual be 12:35pm due to run, I don't think that would be odd.

thanks for the gut check. i think there is more than meets the eye with regards to JY and PK's marriage - but i agree with you those news footage segments don't provide any evidence. i do think their behavior more closely resembles a separating couple than a close one
CT's AMA mentioned PK was set to go on 4 week paternity leave (daughter 8 months old), so maybe it was some sort of trial separation?

I don't think virtually everyone has cameras inside their homes. We don't and I actually don't know of any of my friends or relatives that do. And if it is a baby monitor, it wouldn't be likely to catch the adults on it.

CT's AMA mentioned PK was set to go on 4 week paternity leave (daughter 8 months old), so maybe it was some sort of trial separation?

Self disappearance then?

I think he is in that park still, and had some kind of medical event due to the heat or had a fall and/or injury. And men go on paternity leaves regularly these days.

If he was supposed to pick up the kids in Stockton at 12:30pm, but time would actual be 12:35pm due to run, I don't think that would be odd.
What we mean is, and wants odd, is that no-one says I'll call you at about 12.35, they always say half past twelve. No-one is that precise to know when their run will finish to the minute.

What we mean is, and wants odd, is that no-one says I'll call you at about 12.35, they always say half past twelve. No-one is that precise to know when their run will finish to the minute.

I don't find it weird that he said 12:35pm. Personally, whenever I give ETAs, I always give an answer down to the minute. It doesn't mean I'm guaranteed to be correct, but usually I am. He probably did an internal calculation in his head and concluded 12:35pm was his best estimate. Or maybe he was aiming for 12:30 but wanted to give himself a 5-minute buffer. Or maybe he had decided it was too hot to run so instead he was just going to walk along the trail scoping it out for a prescribed amount of time and then backtrack. Whatever the case, I don't think it's a cause for suspicion.

I think he is in that park still, and had some kind of medical event due to the heat or had a fall and/or injury. And men go on paternity leaves regularly these days.
There are multiple private gated, restricted access areas like Tehan Canyon Rd, in which there's around 70 acres of private land less than one mile from PK's car. Perhaps PK is in a private area in which access has not been given to searchers?

He probably did an internal calculation in his head and concluded 12:35pm was his best estimate. Or maybe he was aiming for 12:30 but wanted to give himself a 5-minute buffer. Or maybe he had decided it was too hot to run so instead he was just going to walk along the trail scoping it out for a prescribed amount of time and then backtrack. Whatever the case, I don't think it's a cause for suspicion.

I agree - he may have for instance estimated his run to be completed around 12:30, then tacked onto that 5 minutes that he expected it would take himself to cool off, drink some water, wipe his brow, & change out of his running clothes.

As to questions surrounding why he would be that precise when texting, perhaps he's the analytical, precise type. Maybe his wife wants to estimate exactly when he'll get there for some reason, her family could be waiting on him for a late lunch, for instance. Maybe they aren't used to being apart and they can't wait to see each other, maybe she's counting down the minutes till he gets there to help with the kids, maybe it's an inside joke about how precise he is. Who knows, but there's lots of explanations, and I'm honestly not sure why the 12:35 is such a sticking point for some (I'm confused as to what people think it could mean aside from innocent explanations).

There are multiple private gated, restricted access areas like Tehan Canyon Rd, in which there's around 70 acres of private land less than one mile from PK's car. Perhaps PK is in a private area in which access has not been given to searchers?

From what I know of the area, this is possible. I'm not exactly sure about where the exact borders of the park are, but there are some fairly wealthy houses on what I presume is one edge, and they could very well be on some acreage that extends beyond the house itself. I don't know how someone would be able to access that private land, there's likely a fence or something that you'd have to climb, but you never know. The area west and southwest of this park is nothing but heavily brushed hills with tons of oak trees, which can get dense, which I assume would be a challenge for any drone.

I've always wondered how/when the police/searchers can safely say that they've canvassed or mapped the whole area, especially when it's so dense. Anyone with experience know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong