CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #3

Is this a figurative statement or did someone say that she was stabbed in the heart? If this was published, I missed it somehow.

Apparently I need to catch up before I post. I see what you're referring to now. Disregard my post that I just quoted.

Bump. Sure is quiet here. :( Couldn't find any recent news...

New Direction in Phuong Le Murder Investigation

FAIRFIELD - Phuong Le's murder investigation has taken a new direction.

"There is a fairly strong possibility that it was a stranger abduction. But we don't have any solid leads as to who that would be," Fairfield police Sgt. Dave Walsh said.

The thought of a strange killer out there, brought more feelings of fear to Le's family.

"If somebody, stranger did it to her, and right now we cannot catch who is the killer, that's should be more dangerous to our family or any people around the neighbor(hood), in the city," her brother, Dihn Le said.

more at http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-news-phuongleupdate,0,4712178.story

I am very curious as to what led LE to think it is a stranger who killed Phuong after several months...how sad. If there was not any DNA or video, I don't know how they will find him now.

I am very curious as to what led LE to think it is a stranger who killed Phuong after several months...how sad. If there was not any DNA or video, I don't know how they will find him now.
I am also curious what specifically LE means by "stranger" - someone who randomly approached her in the parking lot and abducted her, or someone who had been watching her inside the bookstore, for example, maybe even casually talking to her, but is unknown to LE?

This poor family, they want justice for their loved one and it's looking like it will be hard to get. :blowkiss: moo

New Direction in Phuong Le Murder Investigation

FAIRFIELD - Phuong Le's murder investigation has taken a new direction.

"There is a fairly strong possibility that it was a stranger abduction. But we don't have any solid leads as to who that would be," Fairfield police Sgt. Dave Walsh said.

The thought of a strange killer out there, brought more feelings of fear to Le's family.

"If somebody, stranger did it to her, and right now we cannot catch who is the killer, that's should be more dangerous to our family or any people around the neighbor(hood), in the city," her brother, Dihn Le said.

more at http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-news-phuongleupdate,0,4712178.story

Thanks. I was searching for an old post and came across this article; was wondering if it had been posted yet.

Of particular interest:

Investigators initially focused on Le's boss, Thuc Nguyen. Police said they were having an affair.

But tonight, Nguyen seems to be in the clear.

"We have no evidence or further evidence of any kind that would link her boss or anyone else to the crime," Walsh said.

Bay Area Suspect Investigated In Phuong Le's Death

FAIRFIELD, Calif. (CBS13)
Phuong Le disappeared late in April and was found dead two weeks later.

With few details disclosed and no suspects publicly identified in the investigation into the death of Phuong Le, investigators are looking into similarities between the case of the murdered Fairfield nurse and the recent murders believed to have been committed by a man shot dead by police.

Efren Valdemoro, 38, is now being investigated in at least four deaths in the Bay Area spanning the last weekend in August.

There is no solid connection between Valdemoro and Phuong Le's death, but Fairfield police said there are similarities between the cases.

http://cbs13.com/crime/phuong.le.death.2.1903481.html

Bay Area Suspect Investigated In Phuong Le's Death

FAIRFIELD, Calif. (CBS13)
Phuong Le disappeared late in April and was found dead two weeks later.

With few details disclosed and no suspects publicly identified in the investigation into the death of Phuong Le, investigators are looking into similarities between the case of the murdered Fairfield nurse and the recent murders believed to have been committed by a man shot dead by police.

Efren Valdemoro, 38, is now being investigated in at least four deaths in the Bay Area spanning the last weekend in August.

There is no solid connection between Valdemoro and Phuong Le's death, but Fairfield police said there are similarities between the cases.

http://cbs13.com/crime/phuong.le.death.2.1903481.html

I guess time will tell on this one, but I don't see a connection between this guy and PL whatsoever. All (except one) of his victims were in their 60s or 70s.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2010/09/efren_valdemoro_murder_spree_s.php

According to the link above, his latest victim was his girlfriend, 46, who was strangled shortly before the police killed Valdemoro. Two of the victims were a father and son, the others were two women; the husband of one of the women has been arrested, though no reason has been given for his arrest. I can't imaging what similarities LE sees, but I'm guessing this is not Phuong's killer.

On the positive side, I'm glad this guy's off the streets and in fact off the planet. He did an awful lot of damage in a rather short period of time. Definitely dark-edged.

KCRA.com

New Leads In Phuong Le Murder Investigation
New Evidence, People Of Interest In

POSTED: 9:20 pm PST March 2, 2011
UPDATED: 10:26 pm PST March 2, 2011

FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- Fairfield police have revealed they have recently uncovered new evidence in the Phuong Le murder investigation that could lead them to a suspect.

Lt. Greg Hurlbut said he met with the FBI and discussed the case Wednesday afternoon.

Le is the Solano County nursing student who was stabbed to death. She disappeared in late April, leaving her car at a Barnes and Noble in Fairfield. Two weeks later detectives found Le’s body in a woody area of Napa County.

“There are some people of interest we are looking at,” Hurlbut said.

Early on, police paid close attention to Le's former boss, whom she had a romantic relationship with.

“I don't know that anyone has been completely cleared,” said Hurlbut when KCRA 3 asked whether Thuc Nyguen was still a person of interest.

Hurlbut couldn't name the people they're investigating, but he implied they are looking at people Le knew.

“We want to know what exactly happened. Why did they kill her?” asked Thuong Le, who expressed frustration police don’t have more answers about his sister’s murder.

Hurlbut said he hopes to give the family closure soon as he, along with the FBI, begins re-interviewing witnesses and re-examining DNA, all in light of new evidence.

“Not that I can openly discuss, but we did get some new results that we are hoping will help us,” Hurlbut said.

http://www.kcra.com/r/27061104/detail.html

(emphasis mine)

So they're RE-interviewing and RE-examining, but they have NEW evidence? I hope so.

And I hope the perp(s) have stayed put so when LE finally does catch up with them, they'll be an easy arrest.

Thank you Ailina for the update - I have been wondering what the status of the tragic case was.

A year later, death of Suisun City nursing student remains unsolved

Nearly a year after Suisun City nursing school graduate Phuong Le was killed, police have yet to make an arrest in what started as a missing person case and turned into a homicide investigation after the 24-year-old's body was discovered near Lake Berryessa.

The case is being handled by Fairfield police, who said they are continuing their investigation and, in the year since Le first went missing, have processed more than 100 pieces of evidence, according to a press release issued Thursday by the department. Still, despite the evidence and the 300-plus tips that authorities have received regarding the case, no suspects have been identified in Le's disappearance and death.

more at http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_17969109?nclick_check=1

:rose:

Thank you meanmaryjean for bumping this thread! This is somewhat local to me and this is the first I heard of it so I just caught up on all three threads.

I find it so hard to fathom that with all the potential leads its been almost four years without an arrest! This is the most recent article I found and its from a year ago, they say its a cold case. http://www.dailyrepublic.com/news/crimecourts/police-continue-to-search-for-phuong-les-killer/

So at this point, Nguyen is not declared a suspect and FPD is looking at a stranger being involved. What a mess.

Hopefully with the anniversary coming up, some information will come to light for justice to Phuong and her family.

Israel Keyes was shown to be in "West US" from 4/24/10 - 4/30/10. If it was a stranger he might be someone to look into.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back