Identified! CA - Police searching for car seen in video driving off CA hwy cliff, 30 Dec 2019-ID Tracey Sinclair

I just caught up on reading this thread and thought you all might be interested to know there has been some speculation that the car going over the cliff could have been driven by the POI's in a case of 2 children missing from Idaho-- Joshua "JJ" Vallow and Tylee Ryan (link to their current discussion thread is in my signature). It is only speculation, however, it's based on the mother of the missing children saying to a friend in the past that she would drive off a cliff if she thought the end of the world was coming. :eek:

The POI mother of JJ and Tylee, Lori Vallow is "on the run" with her new husband Chad Daybell-- their whereabouts and their current vehicle is unknown (at least to us-- police have not said if they know where they are and haven't put out warrants for their arrest yet). Police have said the POIs left Idaho and the children were not with them when they left. The new husband is an author of LDS-based end-times/doomsday type fiction books and also claims he sees visions of the future in real life. The main speculation has been that they could be in hiding waiting for "the end of the world" but Lori also made the disturbing comments about driving off a cliff. So it could, theoretically, be them although we don't have any info connecting them to that model of car or that part of California. There's a lot more going on in that case as well-- including multiple unexplained deaths of people close to the POI couple. Anyway, come join us in the JJ and Tylee threads to discuss more-- we have a media thread and a detailed timeline to help you get caught up. :)

I hope that whoever it was who drove off the cliff is eventually located/identified. :(

Interesting thought...

I just caught up on reading this thread and thought you all might be interested to know there has been some speculation that the car going over the cliff could have been driven by the POI's in a case of 2 children missing from Idaho-- Joshua "JJ" Vallow and Tylee Ryan (link to their current discussion thread is in my signature). It is only speculation, however, it's based on the mother of the missing children saying to a friend in the past that she would drive off a cliff if she thought the end of the world was coming. :eek:

The POI mother of JJ and Tylee, Lori Vallow is "on the run" with her new husband Chad Daybell-- their whereabouts and their current vehicle is unknown (at least to us-- police have not said if they know where they are and haven't put out warrants for their arrest yet). Police have said the POIs left Idaho and the children were not with them when they left. The new husband is an author of LDS-based end-times/doomsday type fiction books and also claims he sees visions of the future in real life. The main speculation has been that they could be in hiding waiting for "the end of the world" but Lori also made the disturbing comments about driving off a cliff. So it could, theoretically, be them although we don't have any info connecting them to that model of car or that part of California. There's a lot more going on in that case as well-- including multiple unexplained deaths of people close to the POI couple. Anyway, come join us in the JJ and Tylee threads to discuss more-- we have a media thread and a detailed timeline to help you get caught up. :)

I hope that whoever it was who drove off the cliff is eventually located/identified. :(

In case anyone is not following the case I mentioned above I thought I should update here. Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell are NOT the ones who drove off the cliff. They have been located in Kauaui, Hawaii and have been seen resort hopping and even attending church in recent days, meanwhile the kids are still missing. The POIs continue to refuse to answer any questions about the whereabouts of JJ & Tylee. :mad::(

In case anyone is not following the case I mentioned above I thought I should update here. Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell are NOT the ones who drove off the cliff. They have been located in Kauaui, Hawaii and have been seen resort hopping and even attending church in recent days, meanwhile the kids are still missing. The POIs continue to refuse to answer any questions about the whereabouts of JJ & Tylee. :mad::(

Thanks for theory on that as I had not heard that theory before.

Even though it apparantly was not the two adults, is there a chance they sent that vehicle over the cliff with the two children inside?

ETA - I will go to the other thread where I can catch up there too. Thanks again about that. Its a crazy other case and I dont trust either of the two adults. People were dropping like flies all around them. And the interview that the news guy did in Hawaii showed where she had a bag of money like she was trying to flee the country.

Before going to Hawaii, they may have had the opportunity to be in California and maybe took the flight from there.

Last edited:
Thanks for theory on that as I had not heard that theory before.

Even though it apparantly was not the two adults, is there a chance they sent that vehicle over the cliff with the two children inside?

Oh gosh, I sure hope not! Tylee is 17 and has her driver's license. So, in theory, they could have told her to drive off the cliff with her younger brother JJ in the car. But there's been no mention of anyone connected to them having a Lexus. Also the kids have been missing since Sept and the parents have been in Hawaii since around Dec 10th. Police have stated there is no evidence the kids were ever in HI with the parents. If the kids drove off a cliff on Dec 30 then we would have to figure out where they were for 3 months prior to that. And it would seem that someone else was harboring them and put them up to it. I don't think that theory is very likely but it's something to think about.

It's hard to believe no Lexus owners have been reported missing by now. Even if it was rental car eventually the company the owns the car is going to notice the car wasn't returned or payments on the car have stopped. MOO.

Oh gosh, I sure hope not! Tylee is 17 and has her driver's license. So, in theory, they could have told her to drive off the cliff with her younger brother JJ in the car. But there's been no mention of anyone connected to them having a Lexus. Also the kids have been missing since Sept and the parents have been in Hawaii since around Dec 10th. Police have stated there is no evidence the kids were ever in HI with the parents. If the kids drove off a cliff on Dec 30 then we would have to figure out where they were for 3 months prior to that. And it would seem that someone else was harboring them and put them up to it. I don't think that theory is very likely but it's something to think about.

It's hard to believe no Lexus owners have been reported missing by now. Even if it was rental car eventually the company the owns the car is going to notice the car wasn't returned or payments on the car have stopped. MOO.

Thanks and I agree.

Good point too about the Rental Car Companies. The vehicle could very well have been a rental car. Rental Companies usually have really nice vehicles, so with it being a Lexus, that puts the odds up that it could have been a Rental.

If it was a Rental, lets hope the rental company is secretly working with police to try to identify who rented it. Most car rental companies require a major credit card and an ID so if it was a rental , it seems like LE could find out who rented it.

Wouldn’t it have come out by now if it were a rental? The rental agencies would know when a car of theirs is never returned, and it would quickly lead to who rented it, and then this news story I would think.

MOO.

Wouldn’t it have come out by now if it were a rental? The rental agencies would know when a car of theirs is never returned, and it would quickly lead to who rented it, and then this news story I would think.
MOO.

Also, a Lexus as a car rental is part of the "exotic car" fleet - not the standard that the major rental agencies carry. It can't be ruled out, but I don't think this car was a rental. I can't believe that the driver (or the car debris) hasn't been identified yet. I'm hoping that this info just hasn't been shared yet. I also wonder if they were able to at least confirm it was CA tags even if they couldn't get a full license plate.

Also, a Lexus as a car rental is part of the "exotic car" fleet - not the standard that the major rental agencies carry. It can't be ruled out, but I don't think this car was a rental. I can't believe that the driver (or the car debris) hasn't been identified yet. I'm hoping that this info just hasn't been shared yet. I also wonder if they were able to at least confirm it was CA tags even if they couldn't get a full license plate.

Could be a leased vehicle though, possibly leased to a corporate owner.

What a mystifying thing this is!! Now I'm wondering if the SUV and victim could have been someone who came across the border with Mexico, and that's why no one in CA or anywhere else in the US ( that we know of) has been declared missing?

It seems a terrible thing for a human being to vanish, and no one seems to know he/she is even gone :(

What a mystifying thing this is!! Now I'm wondering if the SUV and victim could have been someone who came across the border with Mexico, and that's why no one in CA or anywhere else in the US ( that we know of) has been declared missing?

It seems a terrible thing for a human being to vanish, and no one seems to know he/she is even gone :(

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/lexus-mexico-dealerships-2021/
Lexus will finally open dealerships in Mexico in 2021, report ...Apr 30, 2019 - Lexus will finally open dealerships in Mexico in 2021, report says. Despite being a major presence in the US auto market for the last 30 years, Lexus has never officially sold cars in Mexico, but that's going to change. Lexus ES300h will be one of the first models offered for sale in the new-to-Lexus Mexican market.

I looked it up because I wondered if they had many Lexus SUVs in Mexico. I mostly saw Fords and Chevrolets and Toyotas there...

Lexus will finally open dealerships in Mexico in 2021, report ...Apr 30, 2019 - Lexus will finally open dealerships in Mexico in 2021, report says. Despite being a major presence in the US auto market for the last 30 years, Lexus has never officially sold cars in Mexico, but that's going to change. Lexus ES300h will be one of the first models offered for sale in the new-to-Lexus Mexican market.

I looked it up because I wondered if they had many Lexus SUVs in Mexico. I mostly saw Fords and Chevrolets and Toyotas there...
That's an interesting tidbit. Now I'm curious as to whether many Mexican citizens might buy vehicles from U.S. dealerships, but that might be cost-prohibitive, I have no idea.
Heck- the SUV driver could have been from any country, but the origin of the Lexus would only have been the U.S., Mexico or Canada. MOO

That's an interesting tidbit. Now I'm curious as to whether many Mexican citizens might buy vehicles from U.S. dealerships, but that might be cost-prohibitive, I have no idea.
Heck- the SUV driver could have been from any country, but the origin of the Lexus would only have been the U.S., Mexico or Canada. MOO
I think that's very cost prohibitive. The peso vs the dollar is not a good match in terms of leaving the country to buy a luxury car in the US. And the import fees, to bring it in and register...pretty high cost.

I do think it's possible a Mexican citizen rented a car in San Diego, and drove North along the coast?

If the car was still being paid on, possibly the owner info could be identified when the bank starts to notice the missing car payments. I would think evidence would be found before a bank would start trying to repo a car but somehow no evidence has been identified yet so...

If the car was still being paid on, possibly the owner info could be identified when the bank starts to notice the missing car payments. I would think evidence would be found before a bank would start trying to repo a car but somehow no evidence has been identified yet so...

A bank's not likely to assume a defaulted loan is because the person who took out the loan is missing. They'll just set their collection policy in motion, along with the ten thousand other loans that defaulted that month. Possibly at that point someone in the person's family would notice that *advertiser censored* person was behind on their loan, but unless they're from the immediate area, they probably haven't even heard of the accident to make the connection.

A bank's not likely to assume a defaulted loan is because the person who took out the loan is missing. They'll just set their collection policy in motion, along with the ten thousand other loans that defaulted that month. Possibly at that point someone in the person's family would notice that *advertiser censored* person was behind on their loan, but unless they're from the immediate area, they probably haven't even heard of the accident to make the connection.

I’m not sure what they do when it comes time to repo the car tho. I do know someone who moved to Florida and tried to hide her car however the repo man found it fairly quickly there. Most of my car loans have been through smaller credit unions however I don’t know what it’s like in more populated states. For instance, I had 2 car loans through my current cities private credit union. One was in a city of 27,000 and 1 was in a city of 30,000. However, my most recent car loan was through a credit union that has more than 1 location. I imagine it’s much different in bigger cities with tons of defaults on car loans.

I’m not sure what they do when it comes time to repo the car tho. I do know someone who moved to Florida and tried to hide her car however the repo man found it fairly quickly there. Most of my car loans have been through smaller credit unions however I don’t know what it’s like in more populated states. For instance, I had 2 car loans through my current cities private credit union. One was in a city of 27,000 and 1 was in a city of 30,000. However, my most recent car loan was through a credit union that has more than 1 location. I imagine it’s much different in bigger cities with tons of defaults on car loans.
Many car loans are financed with the finance arm of the manufacturer, directly at the dealership. VW Credit, GM Credit, etc. I know VW is pretty quick on the draw if payments are missed, perhaps moreso than some regular banks.

If a Mr. So and So from state XYZ took a vacation trip 1500 miles away to CA, AND had stopped making car payments, it's very possible the finance company would simply not be able to locate Mr. So and So or his vehicle, period. If Mr. S was single, a retired widower, etc. locals in his home area would probably never connect the CA event to Mr. S.

I don't know the actual skip-tracing process a finance company in a possible situation like this would use. Would they ever send out a missing vehicle memo to all LE agencies across the nation? Or just write it off after a certain period of time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back