CA - Raijon Daniels, 8, tortured to death, Richmond, 26 Oct 2006 *Insanity*

I can't believe that is all she is getting! 6 months in a mental hospital and "maybe" will spend the rest of her life there? MAYBE?

I remember when this happened and I've never seen police so disgusted and angry as they were at this woman for treating the poor little boy like that. They said they'd never seen a case of abuse so horrible.

IMO, his "continence" problems started because she kept him locked in his room and he couldn't get to the bathroom...what did she expect ? She's obviously nuts but she deserves to be in prison. If she had the presence of mind to set up surveillance cameras on his room, etc, then she isn't truly insane. This infuriates me! :furious:

She put pine sol in his bath water and on his skin.. That right there is enough in my mind to send her to hell.

how was she able to keep him out of school? aren't there LAWS about sending kids to school?

don't educators recognize a starving child when they see one??

I've heard all her lies before -- It's too hard to believe that 'professionals' bought them.

So, so sad -- all those people failed this little guy. :(

how was she able to keep him out of school? aren't there LAWS about sending kids to school?

don't educators recognize a starving child when they see one??

I've heard all her lies before -- It's too hard to believe that 'professionals' bought them.

So, so sad -- all those people failed this little guy. :(

All she had to do was say she was homeschooling. That is all that is required. Well in NC anyway.

What is with all these wacko people especially a momster getting away with this?
No grandparents, neighbors, relatives to check on children?
I just do not understand how people can get away with this stuff...........

I've advocated for many many children out of Contra Costa County and I have to say they are one of the worst county agencies when it comes to putting children first. I don't have the strength right now for research as this case just tears me up. But if you google lawsuits and Contra Costa County, you'll find pages and pages.

I've never been able to figure this county out. I'm certain there are fine workers there. But why do we see case after case like this? If a case can be bungled, they'll do it. Sometimes, I think they spend more time defending their actions than they do performing child welfare.

I truly believe that this little guy was born with multiple special needs and the mom was mentally challenged. A perfect storm for disaster. Is this an excuse for murder by torture? Absolutely not!! However, this is a prime example of a child who should have been removed from this home (along with his sister) and the mother's rights should have been terminated. Unless I've missed something, there was really no possibility of safety for that child in that home.

There's a paper trail and it will all lead back to the county turning a blind eye on a fragile child in desperate need of help. I can only hope that the sister finds a loving home who helps her on her pathway to healing.

Richmond Mom Found Insane In Son's Death Committed

Posted: 2:24 pm PST January 13, 2010

MARTINEZ, Calif. -- A Richmond mother who investigators say forced her 8-year-old son to bathe in household cleaner and his own feces has been committed to a state mental hospital after pleading no contest to his murder.

Court records show that 27-year-old Teresa Moses was sentenced last week to a maximum commitment of 25 years to life.
Three doctors who evaluated her say Teresa Daniels suffered from paranoid delusions.

She could be released within 180 days if doctors find she has regained sanity. :shocked2:

http://www.ktvu.com/news/22229464/detail.html

I hope the locals are keeping an eye on this "mother".

WARNING: LINK CONTAINS GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION OF RAIJON'S INJURIES.

* Richmond Women, 26-Year-Old Teresa Moses Found To Be Insane For Alleged Torturing And Killing Of Her 8-Year-Old Son Raijon Daniels

Published by Staff Writer on June 18, 2009

www.valenciaippolitobowman.com

Three doctors who evaluated Teresa Moses, a 26-year-old Richmond woman accused of torturing and killing her 8-year-old son in 2006, found that she was legally insane at the time of his death, her attorney Emily Gunston said today.Moses has been charged with felony child abuse, torture and murder in connection with her son Raijon Daniels’ death.All three mental health professionals, one psychiatrist and two forensic psychologists, concluded that Moses suffered from paranoid delusions and was incapable of knowing or understanding the nature and consequences of her actions, Deputy District Attorney Gerald Chang said.Prosecutors will be reviewing the reports and making a decision within the next couple of weeks about whether to accept a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity or take the case to trial,

snip

”Before his death, Contra Costa Children and Family Services had received five separate reports from people who suspected that Raijon was being abused beginning in November 2005. The most recent report was in January 2006. Raijon’s case was closed eight months before he died, according to CFS documents. Investigators found no evidence that Moses had abused Raijon’s half-sister, who is now 5 or 6 years old, but a CFS report alleged that the girl had suffered severe mental and emotional trauma from witnessing her mother’s continuous torture and abuse of Raijon, according to a California Court of Appeal decision issued in 2008.

BBM. Much more at link.
http://fugitive.com/archives/7515

Child Abuse
1/14/2010
Christopher Keane
In California, Teresa Moses is sentenced to maximum commitment in a state mental hospital in connection with the death of her 8-year-old son, Raijon Daniels. She pleaded no contest to charges of first-degree murder. A news story report alleges doctors determined Ms. Moses is criminally insane and suffers from paranoid delusions which led to the chronic abuse of her son. Raijon passed away on October 27, 2006. Autopsy findings determined Raijon died from battered child syndrome. His little sister is now in protective custody with Contra Costa County Children and Family Services.

http://www.keanelaw.com/blog/in-cal...itment-in-a-state-mental-hospital-in-conn.cfm

I'd like to pass a law that you can physically stop a parent from things like that - without being charged with assault yourself.

law smaw.....if i saw something like that they might have to end up charging me with attempted murder.

so does this mean she wont ever get out hopefully?

Can't understand why the law doesn't realize vigilante justice WILL happen so long as they continue to FAIL our children!! Children are precious, defenseless, and most often harmless up to a certain age..ADULTS know better. When adults commit crimes against defenseless children and nothing suitable is done about it time and time again..and the abuse doesn't stop nor slow down, families, parents and people who just love children will start to take matters into their own hands. And why wouldn't they? The law is supposed to "protect and serve"...protect the criminals and serve themselves!

hitting thanks wasnt good enough :dance:

This woman needs to be executed sane or insane, not released.

The ONLY consolation here is this:

Moses was awaiting trial when she was stripped of all parental rights for the girl,
who was Raijon's half-sister.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...eed-three-years-after-being-sentenced-killing

This is why I HATE these laws!!! :stormingmad:
It needs to be that you are in the mental hospital until you are SANE... then you go to PRISON!!!
I am SO sick of women torturing their kids and only spending a couple of years in a mental hospital!
This was not a "crime of passion" this was long term TORTURE. :banghead:

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...eed-three-years-after-being-sentenced-killing

For at least a year before Raijon died of battered child syndrome in October 2006,
the boy was tortured with high-pressure hoses and household chemicals.

He slept duct-taped to his bed in his Richmond apartment locked from the outside and monitored by video cameras.

raijon.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire