CA - Rapper Pimp C found dead in LA hotel

Definitely not a "crime" then. How sad. I bet he didn't realize he had sleep apnea. I think that's the most undiagnosed sleep disorder. A lot of people have it and just think they have a snoring problem. :(

Sleep apnea needs a lot more attention brought to it, if when combined with other elements it is killing people.

It will also slowly kill you by itself as it causes oxygen deprivation.

Here's an article from 2004, but I think they know more about it now than they did back then. It almost killed my father-in-law.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/10/05/health/main647426.shtml

Worse, research suggests apnea sufferers are at significantly increased risk of high blood pressure, heart attack, congestive heart failure, stroke and diabetes. Why? Apnea stresses the body by preventing important blood-pressure lowering that occurs during normal deep sleep, and seems to alter blood chemistry in ways that can spur cardiovascular disease.
and
An estimated 18 million Americans have sleep apnea, and more than half aren't diagnosed, according to NIH estimates. Patients don't remember the nightly breathing struggle, and often don't see a doctor unless a family member complains about the snoring and choking.
and
Apnea is most common among middle-aged men, but can even strike children if they have enlarged tonsils and adenoids. Being overweight increases the risk, as does having small airways or apnea in the family. (more at link)

Dearest Masterj,:blowkiss:
I do not know why my post was miscontrued, this is what I stated "It seems that Rappers and Athletes have been in the news in the last couple of years for murders, jail terms and untimely deaths.
I have to wonder where my post was disrespectful. I am confused by your post. I posted the news that I saw and made the comment that I posted which was not a disrespectful comment.
:confused:

Much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

My very dearest Taximom,:blowkiss:
Thank-you so very much for your post.
This is what I said;
"It seems that Rappers and Athletes have been in the news in the last couple of years for murders, jail terms and untimely deaths."
I do not know why my post was taken to be an offense.

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

Hi Dark Shadows, This is what makes life go around, and am laughing now at all the different viewpoints.

I just thought your statement was true as I have noticed the same thing in the news in the last 10 years or so, mainly with rappers. They live hard and many die hard.

But I must say I saw something good come out his death, in the hearts of all those people who made a little statement about his death. I couldn't believe how many comments there were!~

I ignore the cussing as a lot of these people grew up in the streets and it is the way they naturally speak and they think with these words too IMO.

I just sensed they are sorry he died, many will miss him even if they didn't like his rap style, but after some problems in life, he was finally doing OK and they wish he could have stuck around to enjoy it. Pretty nice I think ;}

I think many people live hard and also die hard, shoot 90% of my family has or will go out from a "live hard" lifestyle. We hear about rappers and athletes more often because that is what is popular right now.
My own persoanl opinion-it breaks my heart to see that some of our sleuthers are so discriminating (not racist, discriminating) when it comes to compassion for innocent deaths.

I was and am a huge UGK fan. The song they collaborated with Three 6 Mafia on, "Sippin on Some Sizzurp", was my anthem in high school. RIP Pimp C!

to this drink that I sizip. Pearlmethazine wit codine? That's my Twizisit. .....Yo, be careful it ain't ya ordinary liquid. The first time u sip it, u might get addicted.--------Beanie Sigel lyrics for "Purple Rain" Note Promethazine is purposely spelled incorrectly. Not saying this is what happened to Pimp C, but promethazine with codine is a fairly common street drug. If you dare have a look at the lyrics.

Wow, Filly, you teach me something new almost every week! :D

Wow, Filly, you teach me something new almost every week! :D

LOL Yeah I'm Queen of useless information. Looks like absinthe is West Coast and they lift their white cups different for their PEARLmethazine. They sell on the streets "pancakes and syrup", and it's mad dangerous. Casualty of living in a city where open air drug dealing reigned for a long time. Mind ya I didn't sizip it. Pediatricians give it out alot to the kids though or did. With codine it is can be mighty dangerous. That Beanie song though the lyrics well ya have to see them is all I'm saying. Glad I could be of service, and in all seriousness it's abused by teens big time and agin I repeat can be dangerous. You drink enough of that you will have sleep apnea. EDIT: to say I made so many typos there maybe I unknowingly had some. I think the codine makes ya itch real bad though and Filly is itchless thank goodness. Typos!

I was and am a huge UGK fan. The song they collaborated with Three 6 Mafia on, "Sippin on Some Sizzurp", was my anthem in high school. RIP Pimp C!

:woohoo:YES!!! I had a waitressing job at the time, and we used to play it after the restaurant closed. LOL Let me just say I don't quite look at the lemonade and ice tea machines the same when I go somewhere!

LOL Yeah I'm Queen of useless information. Looks like absinthe is West Coast and they lift their white cups different for their PEARLmethazine. They sell on the streets "pancakes and syrup", and it's mad dangerous. Casualty of living in a city where open air drug dealing reigned for a long time. Mind ya I didn't sizip it. Pediatricians give it out alot to the kids though or did. With codine it is can be mighty dangerous. That Beanie song though the lyrics well ya have to see them is all I'm saying. Glad I could be of service, and in all seriousness it's abused by teens big time and agin I repeat can be dangerous. You drink enough of that you will have sleep apnea. EDIT: to say I made so many typos there maybe I unknowingly had some. I think the codine makes ya itch real bad though and Filly is itchless thank goodness. Typos!

a pimp not a simp
keep them dope fiends higher than the goodwill blimp!

They don't make rap like that no more!

I don't know anything about this person as an artist, but I think it is sad that he is gone. RIP Chad.

I take that cough syrup when I have a severe cold or pneumonia. It is wonderful stuff and allows me much relief to sleep when I need rest the most. Good thing I don't have sleep apnea and I am very careful about the dosage. I had no idea people took it to get high tho. No wonder my Doc only gives it to me in tiny bottles and I have to be extremely ill before he prescribes it!

And yes...why is this in the Crime thread? Doesn't appear he died as a result of foul play or suicide from what I have read so far. It seems accidental.

a pimp not a simp

"Yeah I know about them Texas boys keep a liter in the cup and a heater in the tuck". Absinthe, I'm not a big rap fan but I'm from Philly so I know Beanie's lyrics through osmosis. Therefore Da 3-6 how they say here.

I don't know anything about this person as an artist, but I think it is sad that he is gone. RIP Chad.

I take that cough syrup when I have a severe cold or pneumonia. It is wonderful stuff and allows me much relief to sleep when I need rest the most. Good thing I don't have sleep apnea and I am very careful about the dosage. I had no idea people took it to get high tho. No wonder my Doc only gives it to me in tiny bottles and I have to be extremely ill before he prescribes it!

And yes...why is this in the Crime thread? Doesn't appear he died as a result of foul play or suicide from what I have read so far. It seems accidental.

SS, well it can be in the crime thread cause the deceased had been locked up for a few years? Did three I think for like brandishing a weapon on a girlfriend I think. Please know I am in no way condoning violence or drug use through rap or any other way. More the opposite is why I posted some of them lyrics. Yes, it's dangerous weather you have sleep apnea or not so you are wise to take exactly as directed. It's actually one of the older medications out there for severe coughs I think. No matter I hate hearing that a young person lost thier life. However, yes it's a prescription medication that's abused and obviously got lyrics written about it by rap artists.

a pimp not a simp

I love that song but forgive me for correcting you but its goodyear blimp LOL

to this drink that I sizip. Pearlmethazine wit codine? That's my Twizisit. .....Yo, be careful it ain't ya ordinary liquid. The first time u sip it, u might get addicted.--------Beanie Sigel lyrics for "Purple Rain" Note Promethazine is purposely spelled incorrectly. Not saying this is what happened to Pimp C, but promethazine with codine is a fairly common street drug. If you dare have a look at the lyrics.

I was a cough syrup junkie before being a cough syrup junkie was cool!! :crazy:

I have no idea who he was and I absolutely HATE rap music that degrades anyone else.

it is sad that such a young man died.

I have nothing against the people who sing rap but I personally don't care for it because the rap I have heard...thanks to my grandkids...is really filthy and violent. It makes the sexual act so dirty and every other word is f this or f that. I don't like the violence either. Just give my new country and soft rock and I'm a happy camper. I never did understand why my grandkids wanted to listen to the filth. Thank God they have almost all outgrown it. They did put something else on when I was in the car with them out of respect for their ole Nana and I did appreciate that..lol!

Rap is alright if it is clean. Just thought I'd throw that in. I always told the grandkids I could probably do rap and make a fortune cause you don't have to sing.:) I do have a grandson..22 yrs who does rap with a couple other guys with some kind of tech equipment he has...I have heard a couple songs and he was embarrassed that I listened on his MySpace. Needless to say, he should have been embarrassed :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back