CA - Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 knives were found in the bedroom - one small & one large. Why 2 knives? It only takes one knife to cut rope.

Convenient that a police officer stood on the balcony exactly behind where RZ allegedly threw herself over the railing. Any prints were obscured by the boot print. Why would he need to walk out there and look over?????

Well that's good JS has accepted the findings of the investigation and they are sorry RN's family does not accept it! Hmmmm

Why the need to keep "the note" secret? If they can't definitely say it is a suicide note, they keep refering to it as "a message" why should that be proof of anything????

So the message she retrieved before her death on her voicemail, the police can only ASSUME what was said based on the the witness who left it, since it was erased.

The police spoke as if it was fact she heard a report of Max's grave condition. Was it JS that left that message? If show how do we know that is in fact what was said. Switch this around to a murder and the contents of that erased message are very important.

I guess they mean well, but this LE crew seems a pretty credulous bunch. They were inclined to think this a suicide and went about building a scenario around that hypothesized conclusion. Yup, Jonah told them what was said in the call, and they rely upon it. A painted message is a perfect manner in which to ensure no effective handwriting ID. Someone said she was losing weight in january.......: So? ; well, it kind of fits in with an eventual suicide, so let's present that fact and feature it. That hand-tieing re-creation was shabby at best. There are her footprints on the ledge and a sign of dust displacement on the rail? Well that's just consistent with her going over; hardly dispositive proof of how. etc etc....

The only actual indication of a suicide is lack of other footprints, fingerprints and the like; i.e. some other figure present. But any cursory sweep of the room by forensics should turn up traces of others from some point in at least the previous weeks. Yet all they found was one officer's shoe print on the balcony? I wonder how well they vetted that place in the limited time they spent there. They refused to call it a crime scene from the get-go, yet it was always a fairly decent possibility at the least. They should have kept that scene under wraps for as long as needed, as long as there was a question there. But LE was going with the suspected suicide meme from Moment One - that 1'st press conference onward. Again, how could they rule out the Shacknai's as even persons of interest that early on?

Thank you so much for the kind words, coastal.

I certainly understand anyone that has a differing opinion than mine on this case. Homicides can mimic suicides and suicides can mimic homicides so it is very understandable why others do not agree on the COD/MOD in this case.

I would hope your grandfather would say to me "You, ma'am, are a fine lady.":great:

imo

He would, Ocean! Your Grandfather would indeed be proud of you!

You always state your posts clearly and never argumentative, never rude. I appreciate how you can understand others opinion even though it may not be your opinion.

MOO, and now to catch up! I have forgotten what time the PC would be in California. I am Central Time!

OOPS!!!! I missed it!

RE the note painted on the door: "Best characterized as a message", but not clear as a suicide note.

Why the need to keep "the note" secret? If they can't definitely say it is a suicide note, they keep refering to it as "a message" why should that be proof of anything????

Because that would be a private matter imo.

IMO

its very easy to to hold Rebecca's lifeless hand and put her fingerprints all over the knife. By the way, is the orange cord ---> the electrical cord? or is it rope ? thanks

No other fingerprints found on either knife but Rebecca's.

IMO

Wow,

It is unbelievable how they skate around the answers. The question are not specific enough.

How did you (LE) know that RN actually heard the voice mail?

I can't believe this investigation.............

I was more interested in this PC than the Anthony hearing, but I watched the hearing and missed out! I usually do!

GGGGGGRRRRRRRR

I am sure it has been painted over but LE has photos of it..........Im positive.

IMO

They took the door as evidence. The text message she allegedly received 10 till 2 (?) was erased.....why erase the message if she immediately decided to commit suicide and went around gathering her rope, two knives, paint, paint brush, t-shirt etc.? Why choose to write the "message" in such a fashion? Wouldn't pen a paper have been easier and faster? Why that door? Why that room? Why tie it to the bed? The railing should have been plenty sturdy enough.

Wow,

It is unbelievable how they skate around the answers. The question are not specific enough.

How did you (LE) know that RN actually heard the voice mail?

I can't believe this investigation.............

Almost grotesque the way they are withholding the facts allegedly for the sake of the victim's family. That must gall the Zahau's to no end.

I guess they mean well, but this LE crew seems a pretty credulous bunch. They were inclined to think this a suicide and went about building a scenario around that hypothesized conclusion. Yup, Jonah told them what was said in the call, and they rely upon it. A painted message is a perfect manner in which to ensure no effective handwriting ID. Someone said she was losing weight in january.......: So? ; well, it kind of fits in with an eventual suicide, so let's present that fact and feature it. That hand-tieing re-creation was shabby at best. There are her footprints on the ledge and a sign of dust displacement on the rail? Well that's just consistent with her going over; hardly dispositive proof of how. etc etc....

The only actual indication of a suicide is lack of other footprints, fingerprints and the like; i.e. some other figure present. But any cursory sweep of the room by forensics should turn up traces of others from some point in at least the previous weeks. Yet all they found was one officer's shoe print on the balcony? I wonder how well they vetted that place in the limited time they spent there. They refused to call it a crime scene from the get-go, yet it was always a fairly decent possibility at the least. They should have kept that scene under wraps for as long as needed, as long as there was a question there. But LE was going with the suspected suicide meme from Moment One - that 1'st press conference onward. Again, how could they rule out the Shacknai's as even persons of interest that early on?

They also said that there was no other DNA on the rope used but Rebecca's

And after all this time it wasnt an extension cord like we thought but some type of cloth type rope. I think he said the type that may have been used for pulling boats and there was an empty space in the garage that would have accommodated the rope.

They know where Jonah and Dina were that night/morning and I think they gave Adam a poly and he passed with flying colors.

IMO

They took the door as evidence. The text message she allegedly received 10 till 2 (?) was erased.....why erase the message if she immediately decided to commit suicide and went around gathering her rope, two knives, paint, paint brush, t-shirt etc.? Why choose to write the "message" in such a fashion? Wouldn't pen a paper have been easier and faster? Why that door? Why that room? Why tie it to the bed? The railing should have been plenty sturdy enough.

In a murder scenario, the hired hit person - or whoever - might have been instructed to get the phone and delete an angry message. Anger or rage could provide a possible motive for murder, so the message would have to be deleted in the course of the crime, for cover-up sake. She could even have been forced to delete it herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288