CA - Rebecca Zahau Nalepa - suicide or murder? #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any overnight guest would be an witness. And thus pretty important to the case, no? But LE said that no one else was in the house but AS and RN, so that can't be it.

From the time I go to bed to the time I get up there's been 10+ pages added to the thread.. and it is like this almost every day.

And every day I see this and think "something huge must have happened.. new information now.."

Nothing, but I'm very happy the case still draws much interest, even after the police conclusion.

All of you have very interesting viewpoints.

Rebecca apparently (according to the findings of the ME in the autopsy report) went over the railing on her left side causing the dirt/dust to be on her "anterior proximal left thigh". The damage to her neck was focused on her left side with the noose going upward on the right side. So let's say that Rebecca went over with her left side first instead of straight on head first. Wouldn't that mean that any injuries to her head from "hitting the balcony on her way down" be on the left side of her head instead of the right side as stated in the new and improved response from the ME/LE?

Also, based on the ME autopsy report that Rebecca went over the railing with her "anterior proximal left thigh" doesn't that not add up with the approximately 11 inches of dirt/dust that was disturbed on the railing? LE had stated that the approximately 11 inches matched up perfectly with Rebecca's waist measurements but it is not in the ME report that there was dirt/dust on her waist. The two do not match up and doesn't make sense to me.

I also have not seen this brought up but Rebecca was nude except for the long sleeve shirt wrapped around her neck and two bracelets on one arm and one bracelet on her other arm. I found that odd when I read that in the autopsy report. If you are going to bind your wrists wouldn't you remove something like a bracelet that would be in the way?

I also don't understand how AS could break off the table leg by moving the table to under the balcony. The legs on the table are secured from the outside of the table frame with bolts. It looks as if the table was pushed along with the force being applied to the one table leg that broke off or it was pulled along with the table leg that broke off being dragged on the ground. The table leg broke off from the top away from the table so that it would have to go underneath the table while it was being moved.

MOO

Frankly they could start with a demonstration of the hand binding using the type of nylon rope that appears to be in the evidence photos. It is stiff and difficult to maneuver easily, unlike the type used in the video demonstration. Then, on to the computer graphic using scale representations of exactly how Rebecca was able to fling herself over the balcony, including the hops to get there. Better yet--using a modeling program that calculates for mass and gravity.

The whole exercise raised many more questions than it answered. Adding to that the most recent info that has surfaced...

I read the autopsy report and the only tattoed makeup found on RZ were her eyebrows and black eyeliner. Not eye makeup.

Also, I read someone (in the prior thread) said there was a red bath towel in the hall. The LE illustration identifies it as a towel, no size or color. The blanket, in the bedroom, next to the overturned chair, however, was red.

Did I miss a better description of the towel? :) TIA

I remember during the PC hearing LE say that RZ's clothes were neatly folded in the guest room. If her clothes were accounted for in the guest room, then they had no reason to question whose clothing was in the second bedroom of the guest house. Maybe AS had an overnight guest? I would imagine some kind of questioning would have been conducted over the clothing.

Perhaps the answers panned out and LE did not feel that information needed to be divulged. Just like so many other facts that were not divulged...

Good point, but who would have left the guest house without clothes? And what kind of clothes were they?

I remember during the PC hearing LE say that RZ's clothes were neatly folded in the guest room. If her clothes were accounted for in the guest room, then they had no reason to question whose clothing was in the second bedroom of the guest house. Maybe AS had an overnight guest? I would imagine some kind of questioning would have been conducted over the clothing.

Perhaps the answers panned out and LE did not feel that information needed to be divulged. Just like so many other facts that were not divulged...

The guy was there because his nephew was serious injured, in a coma, in ICU; and he has a 'friend' over......if so, I don't understand this family AT ALL.
Why wasn't he at the hospital lending his support to his brother (the reason he flew across the country).......or why was he "really" there???????

I'm sorry, I'm not being short with you, sdcali; I'm totally confused by this investigation and findings......

thanks to everyone for my Mom's birthday wishes....

it's time for me

:eek:fftobed::eek:fftobed::eek:fftobed:

score

Good point, but who would have left the guest house without clothes?

Not only that, AS only arrived that day. So if there was a guest it would have to be that night, making guest a witness. And LE stated there were only 2 people in the house, AS and RN, never mentioning any witnesses. So the idea of an overnight guest doesn't fit with what we know as far as I can tell.

1.) Since LE seems adamant that it is suicide, I'm assuming they based their conclusion on the evidence they found. If so, such a suicide could also be one of the following:
a.) the usual voluntary suicide.
b.) a forced assisted suicide(i.e. murder).
c.) she was murdered first then the scene staged to appear like a suicide.

Has LE already eliminated scenarios b and c above already, and if so, what is their basis that "b" and "c" are impossible scenarios ???

2.) the weirdness factor of this case, the additional evidence finally revealed to the public, the many questions raised by posters , 3rd party experts and Rebecca's family is what made me think that "b" and "c" scenarios can be possible

3.) On the other hand, the evidence that points to a suicide is not necessarily evidence pointing to a voluntary suicide . take the black paint on Rebecca's body. that can be easily smudged on her body by someone else or...... it could be the obvious evidence that Rebecca indeed painted the message or..... was "forced" to paint the message.

I keep hoping for answers, but the more I learn the less I know.

Gee - that almost sounds Zen.

Unfortunately, there are two deceased people - one a beautiful little boy, the other a beautiful young woman. I'm not feeling very Zen right now.

Does anyone know if the birth-control device she was using was meant to be there for long periods of time?

Does anyone know if the birth-control device she was using was meant to be there for long periods of time?

Yes, in fact for years, I believe. It's definitely a long-term solution.

In other words, if they were not Rebecca's clothes, someone has some explaining to do. But, since no one seemed to be concerned with the clothes, and I am sure they are not there any longer, we may never know. I think these detectives need to go back to school!

You are certain about this? Why aren't her clothes part of the drawings? Or in the photographs? If they were in the guest room and neatly folded with no signs of tearing - wouldn't this add to LE's case?

That's why I asked what kind of clothing was in the guest house. Was it pajama pants and a robe? Was it a nightgown and slippers? Or was it pants and a top?

If Rebecca had gone into the mansion, showered and changed, then gone to the guest house as some theorized, she might have been made to undress there, prior to going back into the mansion.

Just throwing out one possible scenario.

Sheriff’s officials said some of the information was not released during Friday’s news conference because there wasn’t enough time, and the medical examiner had to pick the most pertinent findings to discuss.

I wonder what would be the rush to judgment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend