CA - Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death Revisited 2019

Just seeing Rebecca's foot again, in Oxygen episode 3, reminded me that there is no way she hopped across the dirty floor of the balcony. You'd have to explain the clean section on the ball of her foot, in the shape of a piece of sports tape.

rebecca.png

Please forgive me if this has been answered already. Can someone explain why JS pushed the case to be concluded as suicide if he actually cared about Rebecca? Wouldn't he want the investigation to be thorough?

Just seeing Rebecca's foot again, in Oxygen episode 3, reminded me that there is no way she hopped across the dirty floor of the balcony. You'd have to explain the clean section on the ball of her foot, in the shape of a piece of sports tape.

View attachment 190171
I also was struck by the picture of her foot, and rewound the video to see it again. I do think it's weird that there's such a distinct clean mark across such a dirty foot. What got my attention, also, was that her foot was SO dirty. Muddy, really. She had just taken a shower, and was in the house, which wouldn't have muddy floors. Someone might argue she took a shower, and then, naked, went outside to look for suicide "materials" she needed (super doubtful to me), but even if that were true, her last know position was her "tipoeing" (with feet bound? Seriously? But moving along...) to the window/balcony, and throwing herself over. But there was no mud deposited on the floor leading to the window, only disturbed dust (IIRC) leading to the window. My working theory: someone was waiting inside the house when she exited the shower (supposedly the back door was always left open), and then she screamed for help (heard by the neighbor), then maybe ran outside to escape, getting muddy feet in the process, possibly the head wound when she was caught outside, then she was carried (unconcious) back to the house, and the rest of the events/staging were enacted as she was carried through them like a mannequin. She was very short, and light, and would have been pretty easy to carry.

I noticed on the oxygen app they have clips of experiments that were conducted. Did anyone see those?
I can't believe the clips involving the drop were not included in any of the episodes. Many people will likely never see them.
It would also be interesting to know what conclusions could be drawn from the sensors on the neck of the dummy used in the testing. Visually alone, it's clear that Rebecca would have sustained enormous injuries to her neck - injuries far exceeding what was found - if she fell as alleged by the SDSO.

And why was there such a large, deep rope burn on one of her fingers? I saw it on the tv show, but couldn’t find any still shots. I can’t think of another explanation for it except for a struggle, where maybe she was being dragged/ pulled somewhere (hands not tied yet) and she had a hold of some of the rope but it got ripped from between her fingers (?)

Finally finished all 4 episodes. I traveled to Coronado and just the feeling that you get while you are there makes this entire thing unreal. It’s like a juxtaposition with the violent death of this poor woman. I honestly can’t understand how this case can be taken so lightly other than to save face. There is such an eery and uncomfortable feeling about how the Sheriff’s department is and has handled this case. My heart goes out to Rebecca’s family. I truly hope they find justice and peace. It’s out there.

I got a friend of mine hooked on the series, and she pointed out something interesting - the knot used on her ropes are sailors knots. Not everyone knows how to do those. Is there evidence that either she or the brother took boating courses to learn such a knot?
Jonah’s brother Adam is a tugboat Captain, with great familiarity with knots

Finally finished all 4 episodes. I traveled to Coronado and just the feeling that you get while you are there makes this entire thing unreal. It’s like a juxtaposition with the violent death of this poor woman. I honestly can’t understand how this case can be taken so lightly other than to save face. There is such an eery and uncomfortable feeling about how the Sheriff’s department is and has handled this case. My heart goes out to Rebecca’s family. I truly hope they find justice and peace. It’s out there.

I arrived SD airport the afternoon before Rebecca's murder-- and by all accounts, I may have even been outside at the curb when she collected Adam or Nina...

I also heard the helicopters flying over the Spreckles Mansion, filming and broadcasting this beautiful woman sprawled out in the garden like a prop in a freak show. It was endless and I phoned at least 2 network anchor desks imploring them to stop.

And I was just a stranger in town to conduct a couple days of business -- I can't begin to fathom what this was like for Rebecca's family and friends.

Rebecca will be with me forever -- :)

ETA: Just ask Patrick McStay how he feels about how Gore/SDSD handled the 2010 investigation of his missing son and family....

I arrived SD airport the afternoon before Rebecca's murder-- and by all accounts, I may have even been outside at the curb when she collected Adam or Nina...

I also heard the helicopters flying over the Spreckles Mansion, filming and broadcasting this beautiful woman sprawled out in the garden like a prop in a freak show. It was endless and I phoned at least 2 network anchor desks imploring them to stop.

And I was just a stranger in town to conduct a couple days of business -- I can't begin to fathom what this was like for Rebecca's family and friends.

ETA: Just ask Patrick McStay how he feels about how Gore/SDSD handled the 2010 investigation of his missing son and family....
Agreed.... can’t believe not one officer thought to erect an ‘easy up’ or other kind of privacy barrier during the hours helicopters circled overhead as I’ve seen used at other public crime scenes. Further victimization of Rebecca, as far as I’m concerned.
I wonder if there’s a legal mechanism available to force SDPD to allow for an outside and independent evaluation of the evidence?

After being there, I can’t even imagine the scene. It must have been quite the circus. Such tragedies for both Rebecca and the little boy. It must have been awful for her family...I agree wholeheartedly.

Agreed.... can’t believe not one officer thought to erect an ‘easy up’ or other kind of privacy barrier during the hours helicopters circled overhead as I’ve seen used at other public crime scenes. Further victimization of Rebecca, as far as I’m concerned.
I wonder if there’s a legal mechanism available to force SDPD to allow for an outside and independent evaluation of the evidence?
I wonder if there’s a legal mechanism available to force SDPD to allow for an outside and independent evaluation of the evidence
BBM
I had this same thought.

I wonder if there’s a legal mechanism available to force SDPD to allow for an outside and independent evaluation of the evidence
BBM

I had this same thought.

Yes, this was the route taken by RZ's family attorney at the time. Jonah, beat them to it with his own letter asking for review of the investigation only. AG at the time, Kamala Harris (yes the same one now running for president) refused to investigate. Maybe a new AG will view the case differently now.

I noticed on the oxygen app they have clips of experiments that were conducted. Did anyone see those?

These clips are quite amazing. All the things we wanted to see recreated, additional evidence, etc. confirms pretty much everything most members here suspected.

Also note that in the re-enactment of the dummy going over the balcony bending over, face first, the head doesn't bump into anything (not that I can see). For years, defenders of the S family maintained that the injuries to RZ's head were the result of her hitting the balcony railing, etc.

Paul Hole also says he tried to replicate self-tying the exact knot on RZ and said he couldn't do it. It would have been impossible for her to tie that knot herself, then slip her hand into it behind her back. It was a different knot than the one SDSO used in their demonstration (as many here noticed back then)

Seeing these recreations and the additional evidence photos, etc. really gives the appearance the evidence provided to the public was cherry-picked. JMO

Usually the state attorney general can order a new review

Been there, done that...

Sept 2011 JS , wrote the attorney general that he had no reason to doubt the finding but that a review might put to rest questions raised by Zahau's family and others.

In response, AG Kamala Harris denied the request -- said it reviews cases for limited reasons, including allegations of gross misconduct by investigators, a clear conflict of interest or if a local law enforcement agency lacks resources or requests help.

Zahau family made a separate request from JS and it was denied.

April 2012, Attorney for Zahau family made another request and it was denied again.

California AG Won't Review Suicide Findings in Bizarre Death of Rebecca Zahau
Rebecca Zahau's Family Asking for Independent Investigation from State Attorney General | Coronado Times
Attorney asks for new probes into Coronado hanging

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back