CA - Roman Anthony Lopez, 11, found deceased, poisoned , Placerville, 11 Jan 2020 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday, February 28th:
*Pre Preliminary Hearing for both (@ 9am PT) - CA – Roman Anthony Lopez (11) (last seen Saturday morning Jan. 11, 2020, found later in evening dead in a storage bin in the basement, Placerville) – death is being investigated as suspicious. *Lindsay Marie Piper (38/now 39) “stepmother” arrested (2/3/21), charged (2/4/21) & arraigned (2/9/21) with 1 count of willful cruelty to child possible injury/death & causing cruel & extreme pain for revenge & extortion of sadistic purpose, 1 count of torture & 1 count of willful poisoning/etc. food/etc. Plead not guilty. $1.3M bond.
Additional charge (10/29/21) & arraigned (11/19/21) of murder. Plead not guilty.
Piper willfully & unlawfully mingled a poison & harmful substance with food, drink, medicine & pharmaceutical product & placed a poison & harmful substance in a spring, well, reservoir & public water supply.
*Jordon Thomas Piper (35/now 36) “father” arrested (2/3/21), charged (2/4/21) & arraigned (2/9/21) with 1 count of child abuse likely to cause injury or death & causing cruel & extreme pain for revenge, extortion or sadistic purpose, 1 count of torture & 1 count with willfully failing to provide food, shelter & medical attention to the child. Plead not guilty. $1.05M bond.
Additional charge (10/29/21) & arraigned (11/19/21) of murder. Plead not guilty.
Info on crime, where children are & court info from 2/4/21 to 11/19/21 reference post #915 here:
CA - Roman Anthony Lopez, 11, found deceased, poisoned , Placerville, 11 Jan 2020 *arrests*

12/17/21 Update: Attorneys for Pipers & Judge in chambers. Next hearing continued to 1/24/22 @ 9am. 1/24/22 Update: The attorney for Lindsay Piper said they are working on a resolution for her case. The attorney for Jordan Piper didn't add anything. That's about all that happened. The pre preliminary has been continued to 2/28/22.

Monday, February 28th:
*Pre Preliminary Hearing for both (@ 9am PT) - CA – Roman Anthony Lopez (11) (last seen Saturday morning Jan. 11, 2020, found later in evening dead in a storage bin in the basement, Placerville) – death is being investigated as suspicious. *Lindsay Marie Piper (38/now 39) “stepmother” arrested (2/3/21), charged (2/4/21) & arraigned (2/9/21) with 1 count of willful cruelty to child possible injury/death & causing cruel & extreme pain for revenge & extortion of sadistic purpose, 1 count of torture & 1 count of willful poisoning/etc. food/etc. Plead not guilty. $1.3M bond.
Piper willfully & unlawfully mingled a poison & harmful substance with food, drink, medicine & pharmaceutical product & placed a poison & harmful substance in a spring, well, reservoir & public water supply.
*Jordon Thomas Piper (35/now 36) “father” arrested (2/3/21), charged (2/4/21) & arraigned (2/9/21) with 1 count of child abuse likely to cause injury or death & causing cruel & extreme pain for revenge, extortion or sadistic purpose, 1 count of torture & 1 count with willfully failing to provide food, shelter & medical attention to the child. Plead not guilty. $1.05M bond.
Info on crime, where children are & court info from 2/4/21 to 11/19/21 reference post #915 here:

12/17/21 Update: Attorneys for Pipers & Judge in chambers. Next hearing continued to 1/24/22 @ 9am. 1/24/22 Update: The attorney for Lindsay Piper said they are working on a resolution for her case. The attorney for Jordan Piper didn't add anything. That's about all that happened. The pre preliminary has been continued to 2/28/22.
Thank you @Niner and all of you still here waiting for justice. When I think of poor little Roman and what he endured and his loving mother Rochelle, I still want to cry :*(

Monday, February 28th:

Today in the pre-prelim, they set the preliminary hearing for May 17-19 starting at 8:30 a.m. on the 17th.

Today in the pre-prelim, they set the preliminary hearing for May 17-19 starting at 8:30 a.m. on the 17th.

Thank you!
animated-smileys-greetings-022.gif

@tv1991 - any word on what happened at the hearing? TIA! :)

Nothing happened. The judge called out the case number, and then Mr. Linden (I think he's the prosecutor?) asked to do the prelim May 17-19, and then each of of the Piper's attorneys and the Pipers both agreed to those dates. Then they closed the issue and moved on to the next case. No new info was said.

Prior to the judge coming in, each attorney could be seen meeting with their respective Piper for about 2 or so minutes

Nothing happened. The judge called out the case number, and then Mr. Linden (I think he's the prosecutor?) asked to do the prelim May 17-19, and then each of of the Piper's attorneys and the Pipers both agreed to those dates. Then they closed the issue and moved on to the next case. No new info was said.

Prior to the judge coming in, each attorney could be seen meeting with their respective Piper for about 2 or so minutes

Thanks!

I have only just become aware of this thread . That poor poor young boy, Roman you are a better person than your supposed Father and Step Mother will ever be. I am sorry that you didn’t get to experience a joyful life. Fly high dear boy.
I have read half of the thread but I haven’t seen yet the arrest affidavit and documents. I haven’t sadly got the time to read the rest of the thread . So apologies if this has been asked before but has it been released or not yet due to protection of the investigations integrity and not to taint a jury pool ? TIA

Well geez - I had them on 5/17 for their 3-day preliminary hearing.... Did I have that date wrong??

I can't read this article, due to a paywall - but I see Jordan is back in court on 5/24. Will that be a preliminary hearing - if anyone knows?

5 hours ago — Lindsay Piper is scheduled to be sentenced July 8 and faces a sentence of 15 years to life; Jordan Piper is expected to return to court May 24.

link: https://account.sacbee.com/paywall/stop?resume=261507287

Also - I see she is still charged with 1 count of willful cruelty to child possible injury/death & causing cruel & extreme pain for revenge & extortion of sadistic purpose, 1 count of torture & 1 count of willful poisoning/etc. food/etc.

She only plead no contest to 2nd degree murder. At least that is what one of the articles said.

Correct? And if so - @tv1991 - is there another date for Lindsey to come back on those charges? TIA!

Also - I see she is still charged with 1 count of willful cruelty to child possible injury/death & causing cruel & extreme pain for revenge & extortion of sadistic purpose, 1 count of torture & 1 count of willful poisoning/etc. food/etc.

She only plead no contest to 2nd degree murder. At least that is what one of the articles said.

Correct? And if so - @tv1991 - is there another date for Lindsey to come back on those charges? TIA!
According to the district attorney’s office, Lindsay’s change was not part of a plea deal. Lindsay has not changed her plea for the charges of child abuse, torture and poisoning. The DA’s office says Lindsay is set to be sentenced on July 8 for the murder charge.

5/16/22 Lindsay Piper, Stepmom Charged In Killing Of 11-Year-Old Roman Lopez, Changes Plea To No Contest

5/16/22

One of the parents accused of killing 11-year-old Roman Lopez in Placerville has changed her plea to no contest and will face sentencing in July, according to the El Dorado County District Attorney’s Office.

Lindsay Piper pleaded no contest to second-degree murder Monday in El Dorado County court.

[..]

Roman’s father, Jordan Piper and Lindsay Piper were arrested in February 2021 on charges that initially included child abuse, poisoning and torture. Murder charges were filed against the pair the following October.

At the time of Roman's death, the child was living in a home with the Pipers and seven other children whose ages ranged from 1 to 17 years old. The family had recently moved to Placerville and had only been in the house for a little over two months before Roman's death.

Roman was reported missing in January 2020. He was found dead hours later in a storage bin in the basement of the family's home, and police said at the time that his death was suspicious and authorities were investigating. Both had pleaded not guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member