CATCH THE LATEST WEBSLEUTHS RADIO AS WE LOOK INTO THE TERRIFYING WORLD OF MEDICAL SERIAL KILLERS
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

CA CA - Ronald Cole, 19, Fillmore, 1 May 1965

Discussion in '1960's Missing' started by kylie, Sep 30, 2006.

1. kylie

kylie New Member

[This young man went mssing mysteriously from his home in Fillmore, California. Very little info is listed at the Doe network site. But I had a thought. Could his disapearance be related to the draft and Vietnam? He was 19 and draft protests were going on in 1965. I'm not trying to slander him- just wondering if perhaps he went to Canada and never returned. Does anyone else know anything about this case?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/648dmca.html

2. 2sisters

2sisters New Member

good point! i wonder if contacting the family to get their views on vietman at the time would help. I would think that after all the people who fled the draft were pardond they would came back but maybe their families wrote them off for being a "draft dodger".

3. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

I do not have any specifics on this case. Although it might be possible that he left the country to avoid the draft, I do not know of any evidence or information to support such a theory.

The Anti-war movement was really not all that big in 1965. The US was just then building up the military in Vietnam. The real opposition to the war probably began more like 1967, and was in full force by the Democratic Convention of 1968.

4. meggilyweggily

meggilyweggily Member

That idea actually crossed my mind as well -- I actually wrote a poem about Ronald once, feeling angry that he'd been gone so long and I had virtually no information on his disappearance.

The main problem with the theory is that the Vietnam war ended like 35 years ago. Ronald surely can't be afraid of being drafted anymore.

5. kylie

kylie New Member

No but maybe he stayed in Canada....I wonder about that..not everyone came back............just like a few soldiers actually chose to stay behind in Vietnam.........................it just seems odd that he would just vanish....I wonder why more info is not posted

6. kylie

kylie New Member

This case really bothers me but it is nowhere to be found on the Ventura Sheriff's website....................

7. meggilyweggily

meggilyweggily Member

You'd think that even if he chose to remain in Canada or whatever, he'd get in touch with his family eventually.

Alas, in old cases like this, usually very little information is available, even in the case of children. Most of the original files get discarded, even dental records and other information that could be useful for identification. In one 1982 disappearance I know of, the cops lost the girl's entire file, including her dentals and contact info for her family. If anyone is still looking for that girl, the cops don't know where to find them.

8. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

http://www.missingincalifornia.com/ronaldcole1965.html

News Article dated 14 SEP 1984

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...1gnAAAAIBAJ&sjid=94IDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5578,5482512

9. forthelost

forthelost I hear the angels call my name and I am Winterborn

10. KateB

KateB New Member

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4548/
    Status Missing
    First name Ronald
    Middle name Joe
    Last name Cole
    Nickname/Alias
    Date last seen May 01, 1965 12:33
    Date entered 01/06/2010
    Age last seen 19 to 19 years old
    Age now 69 years old
    Race White
    Ethnicity
    Sex Male
    Height (inches) 73.0
    Weight (pounds) 140.0
    Dental Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
    DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete
    Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available
    [​IMG]

Ronald has been missing for 50 years today.

11. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

October 6, 1984 The Indianapolis Star from Indianapolis, Indiana ยท Page 1

[FONT=&amp]From ORC Text

Ex-resident tied to brutal slayings
    [/FONT]
    https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/106226408/