Found Safe CA - Ronald 'Ron' Brown, 62, car located running @ Jack in the Box drive thru, Pasadena, 9 Aug 2021

It's actually pretty incredible that Ron is missing this long and we are just hearing about it. The town he lives in only has 10,900 residents.

I don't understand the lack of information - even a post to highlight his disappearance hasn't been made. I would've accepted that LE didn't want to disclose too much to avoid jeopardizing the investigation, but it's been 3 weeks, and they haven't even announced that he's missing. It's almost as odd as his disappearance.

I believe this is the Jack in the Box his car was at. I hope they have cameras

https://www.yelp.com/biz/jack-in-the-box-pasadena-3

283509-f19db40607d1d8b2fd5de22aed14ecd5.jpg
283508-b7c96175d85ef9e96d9f91c3b66a48a9.jpg
283510-2618838f8ad32c5d28d77cfdcd88efa0.jpg
283511-30ea598ce6ef04edcec0c11425b51068.jpg

Attachments

• jack in the box.jpg
    jack in the box.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 20
  • jack in the box 2.jpg
    jack in the box 2.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 17
  • jack in the box 3.jpg
    jack in the box 3.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Inkedjack in the box 4.jpg
    Inkedjack in the box 4.jpg
    929.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
@katydid23 Good point! I wonder if there is video that LE has seen, and that's why they have not made a bigger deal out of him being missing. Perhaps he just got out of the car and walked away.

Aren't cases vetted with LE before being listed on NamUs, though? If they knew he just walked away (in the right state of mind), I'm not sure that they'd list him. And if he wasn't in the right state of mind, you'd think they'd still bring attention to him being missing.

Aren't cases vetted with LE before being listed on NamUs, though? If they knew he just walked away (in the right state of mind), I'm not sure that they'd list him. And if he wasn't in the right state of mind, you'd think they'd still bring attention to him being missing.

I was thinking about this last night.. That him being entered into NAMUS and there being absolutely no mention of him being missing is incongruous.
The NAMUS listing isn't going to announce itself.

A drive through is an odd place to leave a car for a walkaway, so I am thinking that's a low probability. Has LE tried pinging his phone?

Haven't read any mention of a phone but that's not saying much given almost no information.

The drive through location and the car being found RUNNING are why it's so concerning. That pretty much eliminates major car issue that would render it non-operable. I am having trouble coming up with any scenario where walking away with car left like that would happen. Unless he was having some major acute crisis - physical, mental, or external.

Haven't read any mention of a phone but that's not saying much given almost no information.

The drive through location and the car being found RUNNING are why it's so concerning. That pretty much eliminates major car issue that would render it non-operable. I am having trouble coming up with any scenario where walking away with car left like that would happen. Unless he was having some major acute crisis - physical, mental, or external.
Is it possible that Ron has been located and NAMUS hasn't been updated with the information?

Is it possible that Ron has been located and NAMUS hasn't been updated with the information?

I am leaning towards that not being the case for two reasons - 1. His NAMUS listing says "Date Modified" August 26, 2021 (I don't see that on his NAMUS page itself but if you look at a listing for multiple missing people, the date Modified is shown for each listing). 2- The few posts by friends about him have been in the last couple days. I am not sure if any of them are friendly with him now or knew him casually or in the past so I am not clear if anyone knew he was missing on their own or only through recent SM postings.

Eta but I know it is somewhat common for what you suggested to be true, NAMUS cases not updated when person is found.

Very odd. Did some looking around at social media and some friends are starting to spread the word of him missing. It appears as if he’s popular and well-liked - he’s a golf instructor and a server at a popular restaurant in Pasadena. Surprised the media hasn’t picked up on the story.

Ronald Brown | State of California - Department of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

MISSING PERSON
Ronald Brown

View attachment 310392

MISSING SINCE: 08/09/2021
SEX: Male
DOB: 03/20/1959
RACE: White
HEIGHT: 6' 1"
EYES: Brown
WEIGHT: 175 lbs.
HAIR: Brown
DENTAL X-RAYS AVAILABLE: No

Ronald Brown's date of last contact was on August 9, 2021.

Contact
AGENCY: Sierra Madre Police Department
PHONE NUMBER: (626) 355-1414
CASE NUMBER: 210447

So, it states :
“Ronald Brown's date of last contact was on August 9, 2021.”

Who and where and what time was this last contact? We don’t even know what time the car was found to be at the Jack in the Box drive thru.

NOT THIS CASE, but one recent case I know of where the car was found still running like this had a terrible outcome. I don’t think we heard for certain in this other case, but he was murdered so it’s likely his killers left the car like that. But I wonder why leave it running? (The case I am referring to is Juan Carlos Hernandez, missing from California.) Sure hope for a better outcome here.

I'm guessing his car wasn't actually left in the Drive -Thru ordering lane, but in a parking spot at a Drive-Thru.

And as these 24 hour fast food places have lots of cameras, I'm sure something must have been captured on footage?

<ModSnip>

But if he was murdered by someone, where is his body?
The homeless don't usually have cars to drive a body away.

The road he walked up seems to be a main road of several traffic lanes and also at the crossroads of the 210 freeway, yet nothing was seen?

If someone pulled up in a car and tried to rob him and killed him, I can't believe nobody saw anything.

The area is mainly light industrial, food outlets and lower income housing streets.

Unless his body was hidden in a dumpster, I'm sure he would have been found by now if it was still in that immediate area. It's been almost 3 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back