CA CA - Rose Cole, 16, Oakland, 1972 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
HeartofTexas said:
Isabela, I sent you an email yesterday or the day before with some questions... don't forget to answer when you have time.]

I passed on the information to my contact in NCMEC. Could I give him you e-address?

HeartofTexas said:
Sure, Isabela, it's fine to do that. Check your emails in a few... I need to update you on something.

ok I try to keep my eyes open. . . :crazy:

HoT check your PM.

I answered the PM and your emails. If you need to get some sleep, feel free to ignore everything else tonight. I'll email you tomorrow if there's anything noteworthy. Thanks!

itsreenw said:
Re: the post I had on here briefly last night and quickly deleted as advised...if anyone is interested in my findings, PM me with your email address. I hope everyone knows what I'm referring to, if not PM me so I can fill ya in.
I didn't see the post...have I missed something? The last few posts have got me feeling a little lost! :confused:

Don't feel lost, Rainbow. There's some stuff I've asked posters to keep off of the forum to avoid any conflict. But my emailing Isabela has been on other matters re things with the NCMEC. Right now we're just at a waiting point... waiting for DNA testing, waiting for results on a previous DNA match with the Marin County Jane Doe before Rose can be tested against it, etc.

IsabelaPR said:
I am planning on going to Flint for the week of July 4. I realize it is not the best time of the year to find public places open but I'll try anything.

I have never been in Flint. My first trip! Roxanne, the cousin, still lives in Flint. She offered to give me a tour.

I am planning to spend time with Billy and his family but I want to dedicated most of the days to try to get any info I can.

Suggestions are welcome! I like to have a plan prior to getting there. . .

Here are some suggestions- clerk of courts at the courthouse (juvenile division).
Library
Local newspaper offices- they sometimes keep editions of their old papers on microfilm. Especially obits.
Local police or sheriff's dept. Do they still have the records of any investigation they did before Rose went to court?
Even if you have made phone contact, sometimes it pays to show up in person, if you weren't able to get the info by phone.

Isobella, did you ever try to contact 60 min. and ask about the report that Rose was located? I wonder if they would have kept any records, since they then made an official report that she was located?

HeartofTexas said:
Don't feel lost, Rainbow. There's some stuff I've asked posters to keep off of the forum to avoid any conflict. But my emailing Isabela has been on other matters re things with the NCMEC. Right now we're just at a waiting point... waiting for DNA testing, waiting for results on a previous DNA match with the Marin County Jane Doe before Rose can be tested against it, etc.
Thank you HoT :)

The DNA test results came and are not a match to Jane Doe in Marin County, CA.

We need to get Jess DNA in database. DoT said it will take months to go thru the process if California has to send in the DNA kit. But if the detective that created the case number does it, all it needs to be done is to take the swap and enter the results to CODIS (combined DNA index system). We will know right the way if there is a match.

Needless to say this is the way I like to proceed, except Madison PD is not interested on solving this case.

I found a police officer to do the swap but I'll need to get the DNA kit from California. I sent an e-mail to the detective's supervisor, pleading for his help. Let's see what he comes back with. . .

y

IsabelaPR said:
The DNA test results came and are not a match to Jane Doe in Marin County, CA.

We need to get Jess DNA in database. DoT said it will take months to go thru the process if California has to send in the DNA kit. But if the detective that created the case number does it, all it needs to be done is to take the swap and enter the results to CODIS (combined DNA index system). We will know right the way if there is a match.

Needless to say this is the way I like to proceed, except Madison PD is not interested on solving this case.

I found a police officer to do the swap but I'll need to get the DNA kit from California. I sent an e-mail to the detective's supervisor, pleading for his help. Let's see what he comes back with. . .

y
I may be nuts, but can't you get a DNA kit at a drug store? Maybe I am wrong, but let me search this.....I'll be back.....yes, I googled it, you can get test kits to do DNA test at home, or is this not the right kinda test? Seems to be....I am glad the Jane Doe is not Rose, there is still hope that maybe we will find her, and alive!

IsabellaPR,

I am glad to hear that the CA Doe was not Rose. To be honest with you, I really thought that it was. Well, back to the search for Rose.

As far as the Madison, PD not being interested, go higher up the ladder. Do not take no for an answer. Put them on the spot and make them tell you why they are not interested in solving an old case that could very well turn out to be a murder. Ask them if they are prepared to explain to the media why they are not interested. Put them on the spot and keep them there. Let them know(in a nice but firm way) that you are not going to just go away.

yeah dont let them put you down if u need backing ill be more than happy to send them an email or something tell them if you dont help me ill have to go see a news reporter who will get my story on tv and will question why you wont help me

Shadow205 said:
IsabellaPR,

I am glad to hear that the CA Doe was not Rose. To be honest with you, I really thought that it was. Well, back to the search for Rose.

Shadow, Jane Doe in Marin county may be Rose. Harris was waiting for DNA results from Indiana, an older lead, those test results were negative. Jane Doe, Marin County may still be Rose.

smile22 said:
yeah dont let them put you down if u need backing ill be more than happy to send them an email or something tell them if you dont help me ill have to go see a news reporter who will get my story on tv and will question why you wont help me

I know what you guys are saying, I sent them an e-mail earlier today, begging for help. I also gave them a link to this forum, let's not get on their nerves yet. . . ;)

christine2448 said:
you can get test kits to do DNA test at home, or is this not the right kinda test?

In this particular case, the DNA needs to be collected by the police. From Harris e-mail
"HAS to be done by a local police officer - rules of evidence collection / chain of evidence"

"the missing persons detective handling your case should take an oral swab from your husband and have it entered to in the CODIS system (Combined DNA Index System). If it is a match, it will link directly to my Jane DOE (who is already in CODIS), or God willing, link to another Jane DOE somewhere else in the country".

Isabela

Wow so much going on. I glad the jane doe wasnt rose and I am hoping the Marin County Jane Doe isnt Rose.

Boo for the Madison PD! :mad: Like everyone else said, put your foot down, dont let them stop you!

IsabelaPR said:
Shadow205 said:
IsabellaPR,

Shadow, Jane Doe in Marin county may be Rose. Harris was waiting for DNA results from Indiana, an older lead, those test results were negative. Jane Doe, Marin County may still be Rose.
OK, I guess I'm really confused here. Were you referring to the DNA results in Marin county not being a match to the other missing girl? I thought that you meant that they did not match Rose.

Shadow205 said:
OK, I guess I'm really confused here. Were you referring to the DNA results in Marin County not being a match to the other missing girl? I thought that you meant that they did not match Rose.

Harris had a lead in progress prior to us contacting him about Rose. His lead was from a family in Indiana. For this particular Jane Doe he had only two leads, the family in Indiana and Rose.

He was waiting for the test results from Indiana. Jane Doe does not belong to the Indiana family. Therefore that lead is closed, which open the possibility of this girl been Rose.

Now he can justify a request to send the DNA kit to Madison from California if needed. I already have a contact (cop) that will do the test if Harris sent in the kit. But the only problem is that this route may take months because of the process approval in California.

What it needs to happen is to have the Madison officer that gave me the Missing Persons case number do the test. Madison PD will need to collect the DNA and add results to the database. And that's it! We don't need to wait months for California to send in the kit, etc. . .

If MPD does the right thing and helps me out, we will be one step closer. . .

Isabela

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members