CA CA - Rose Cole, 16, Oakland, 1972 - #2

It's also possible that the Chinatown angle is a red herring in that Rose didn't know what she was talking about. As an out-of-towner, her idea of Chinatown and our well-informed idea of Chinatown may be two different things. Compare Little Italy in NY, which conjures images of The Godfather, but today is not much more than a strip of Italian restaurants. Rose may have been told where she was was in Chinatown even though it wasn't or was just close to Chinatown.

Food for thought on that.

Sadly, i think acolytes of the cult tracked her down and killed her. As mentioned, they did not just let people leave.

No i was reading the old threads and seeing the sorts of things Synanon got up to.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/457396905875606495/

If this isn't allowed I apologize, the girl in the pic looks like maybe she could be Rose......there is also this pic.......

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/457396905875630698/

I know I read somewhere in one of the threads that she had visited the Synanon Ranch at one point....
I know a lot of people have wondered why no one remembered RC seeing how she was one of the youngest girls there, but I wonder if she couldn't pass as older, I have friends who could have passed for 19-22 at 15....just a thought....

She was at Synanon, yes. The thread was visited early on by someone who had been at Synanon at around the same time who was able to contact friends. A few vaguely remembered Rose. She really wasn't there that long before she left and made her way to SF.

[QUOTE = "B.Cole, post: 10957901, miembro: 120892"] Creo que tenía 9 o 10 años la última vez que vi a Pose. Fue en Decatur, Al en la casa de mi abuela. No estoy seguro si alguien en nuestra familia ha tenido noticias de él desde entonces. Me gustó Pose que era como mi tío favorito. Nadie entiende por qué no se pone en contacto con su familia nunca más. [/ QUOTE]

There are several similarities between the two: the face, hair color, height, weight. The Doe was a fugitive and mentioned that she lived in Michigan. The dates also agree. I am sorry for my bad english.
2368DFCA - Rose Lena Cole
67UFFL

I know this forum has been inactive for nearly 6 months, but I'm going to pick up the torch and see if I can do anything. First off, wouldn't there be a yearbook photo of Rose? She was sent to Synanon around May or June of 1972 and she certainly had to have attended high school for the majority of her Freshman year before running away. o_O

Okay I know that the SIL posted Rose's letters at a now dead link, which isn't good, but she did post images of them in her video on Rose. Some of the parts of the letter are cut off so I tried my best to guess what was there. This a transcription of the January 1973 postcard from San Francisco:

[?] see how everything [?] I want you all to know that I love you, and I want to come home. How's [?] every-one! Mom, I love you. I love you Mom. I would do anything to try and get you [?] and love me again. [?] and (sister's name) and tell I love them. I hope that daddy read my last letter!

R.C

Another partial transcription of a letter:

…be lonely, and ashamed to be around, and just be plain crazy because you have never messed up a family, made your brothers and sisters ashamed to say they was your sister. You never have felt how it felt to be unloved. You have never sat in corners and to get - a - way from people, because you didn’t want any one to know that you was sad and you never had to act different ways to make people like you, because you was never ashamed of the real you. That’s what’s so great about you. Mom, I wish you would have [?], and I would have grew up like you, and when I led kids, they loved me as much as I love you, and that’s a whole lot. I wish I wasn’t crazy! Gotta go, and I love you!

So I was rereading the threads and I compiled the contemporary accounts of Rose from Syanon. Hope this helps:
  1. XXXXX and I both remember Rose, although I have no idea what happened to her, or who Ruth is! I remember she was 17, with long hair, she was tall and thin.
  2. I think I remember her because she was underage and came up at a time when we really didn't accept "single boots." It's the picture that made me remember her - although her face looked thinner - I remember her long curly hair and wearing a red bandana.
  3. I remember Rose - she was tall and thin with long dark wavy hair - she wore a red bandana and had milky white skin, she was under 18. XXXXX remembers her also. I have posted many times about knowing Rose - maybe nobody saw my posts here, it wouldn't be the first tiome Yahoo did that, my first post was to XXXXX about her. My posts have gone unanswered... so I ask has anyone read my posts about Rose??? Should I find them and re-post them?
  4. Dear *advertiser censored* and XXXXX...I TOO remember Rose Cole...but NOT in the way that *advertiser censored* does...I do not believe that Rose was a boot camp member...although my memory has been known to hiccup at the most inconvenient time...i am very sure of this memory. Does anyone remember the central kitchen at the ranch, where we would prepare all of the food used at the ranch and walker creek, and then truck it to its final location ? Well, there was a big bulletin board right inside the kitchens door that we food service folks used to post junk...and there was a heading in large block letters that said..NEW TO SYNANON FOOD SERVICE> and Rose Coles picture was posted on this site with the heading...new to Oakland kitchens...I had to keep this bulletin board neat and throw out outdated posts after each cubic week...I clearly remember XXXXXX XXXXX telling me to discard Rose's picture because she had split from Oakland. If she only spent two or three months in Synanon, it is unlikely that she would have been pulled into the Boot Camp that quickly...it is likely that she was told that she was going to be sent up to the boots, and got scared and split...we were not permitted to send letters out for the early bootcamp, remember *advertiser censored*...XXXXX said that instead of writing home, we should concentrate on getting to know each other, become friends, and use our synanon games to air our problems.
  5. I READ your posts about Rose Cole and I also remember her working in the Dining Room in Oakland. She seemed a bit waifish even though she was tall. She had beautiful translucent white skin and beautiful long dark, wavy hair. I remember the way she walked through the tables in the Oakland Dining Room; she almost floated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back