CA - Ryder Salmen, 7 mos, dies of drug OD, Sacramento, 28 Sept 2012

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by TexasRanger, Aug 12, 2013.

1. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

http://www.kcra.com/news/baby-dies-of-drug-overdose-sacramento-mom-faces-murder-charge/-/11797728/21392110/-/kdg4usz/-/index.html?hpt=ju_bn6

2. Loading...

3. LadyL

LadyL Active Member

gee, ya think the police or news org. could give the baby boy's name - he deserves that much since he was apparently murdered by his 'mother'

I wonder what she gave him - does 'controlled substances' mean something illegal?

4. Jan

Jan New Member

A controlled substance can also be a prescription drug meant for her or someone else that was legal for that person but not for the baby. Or it could be a prescription cough medicine with codeine that was for the baby but she gave it way too much.

5. Hopeful One

Hopeful One Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who

Giving a baby a controlled substance. Yeah, that's a good idea. :waitasec:

I'm glad the cops stayed on this. So sad.

6. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

Beautiful Ryder Salmen died from a lethal dose of Xanax, methadone, and Opana. Five months prior to his death his mother was told to stop breast feeding him due to high levels of methadone.

At death this little guy had enough drugs in him to have an adult high meaning he had tolerance to the drugs. Mom claims she stopped breast feeding, but a bottle in Ryder's crib had no drugs in it.

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/10/5638770/8-month-old-died-of-fatal-cocktail.html

Stephens claims she had not taken Xanax until after Ryder's death to help her cope, but the tests proved otherwise. The methadone and Opana was for a brain tumor.

7. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

8. amymarie

amymarie New Member

I really wish I hadn't just read that article - it makes me sick that poor baby was suffering through withdrawals and the system still let the mom keep him! He had other family members that loved him and wanted him!

9. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From March 2015:

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article16488236.html