Identified! CA - Sacramento, WhtFem 142UFCA, 18-31, off I-5, Oct'81 - Lilly Ann Prendergast

https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/23151

New Artist Rendering completed in 2013 (I tired to link so picture is viewed in post but its HUGE.)

And two new names on rule out list.

Tommi Cooper 1960 California
Teresa Hammon 1963 California
Paulette Jaster 1954 Michigan
Tereasa Knuth 1958 Colorado
Judy WORRELL 1957 California

Does anyone know anything more about Tommi Cooper? I found a 1981 article about her being missing. I was looking for more information to see if she was indeed still missing and couldn't find anything. Imagine my surprise when I saw she's listed as being ruled out as a match for this Doe but doesn't actually have a NamUs missing persons profile. Has anyone seen something like that before?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1981 CA CooperTommiLee.png
    1981 CA CooperTommiLee.png
    201.6 KB · Views: 152
Does anyone know anything more about Tommi Cooper? I found a 1981 article about her being missing. I was looking for more information to see if she was indeed still missing and couldn't find anything. Imagine my surprise when I saw she's listed as being ruled out as a match for this Doe but doesn't actually have a NamUs missing persons profile. Has anyone seen something like that before?

attachment.php

Her birth record is listed in Ancestry.com. Born 15-Mar-1960 in Contra Costa County. Mother's maiden name: "Farnocch".

(ETA: Mother's Maiden Name is Lorna Grace Farnocchi. The "I" was truncated from her name in Ancestry)

Jeannette Rose Miller can be R/O immediately because she has a 3-toot denture plate on the left side of her upper jaw. Note: It's details like this that you need to look for that can R/O someone quickly.

Here are some possible matches. All of them went missing years prior to 1981, so I am assuming that they ran away to California, were they were eventually killed.

Jeanette Miller: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/miller_jeanette.html

Sallie Reed: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/reed_sallie.html

Delores Stanton: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/stanton_delores.html

Despite some resemblance IMHO I do not think it is Janice Fullam. From what I researched about her case previously I do believe she met with foul play on the night of her disappearance on Long Island, NY, other side of States . See for more details my post in Janice's thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...own-30-Oct-1981/page2&highlight=janice+fullam

One more detail for ruling her out - this Jane Doe was found Oct 27, Janice disappeared three days later, Oct 30 around midnight.

I know that some UIDs have private profiles, not accessible or visible to public. Perhaps it could be the same case in missing person profiles due to family request or done by LE for certain reasons? If she is on rule out list, that would indicate that she is or was in NamUs at the time of comparison.

I've been trying to find a photo of Tommi Cooper. The article indicates that she is from the city of Rescue, but she didn't attend any of the high schools close to there. I found a Tammy Cooper, same age, who attended Cordova HS (Rancho Cordova) Class of 78. But no Tommi. BTW, Tammy looks alot like Arroyo Grande, except she has broader cheekbones.

I've been trying to find a photo of Tommi Cooper. The article indicates that she is from the city of Rescue, but she didn't attend any of the high schools close to there. I found a Tammy Cooper, same age, who attended Cordova HS (Rancho Cordova) Class of 78. But no Tommi. BTW, Tammy looks alot like Arroyo Grande, except she has broader cheekbones.

I've also not had any luck finding a HS photo. The only image I found was her as a baby, which isn't particularly useful.

I'm thinking it's possible her image was published in the Sacramento Bee during the course of the investigation but I don't know of any place near me that has a subscription to the Readex Historical Newspaper database that has digitized back issues during this time frame.

I found the facebook pages for all four of her half-sisters.

One of them went to Ponderosa High, which is the closest high school to the city of Rescue, and Red Bluff High prior to that. But Tommi did not attend Ponderosa High in any of the years 75-78, even though she lived in Rescue in 1981. She didn't attend Red Bluff High either.

Another one went to Corning Union High, but Tommi didn't attend there either.

Is there any significant age gap between Tommi and her half-sisters? Her mum was around 18 when she had her and when her husband passed away. She grew up in Martinez, CA, went to high school there (Alhambra Sr. High School) and it seems they might have lived there too as his burial is listed in Martinez as well (even though head stone saying Oklahoma (confusing).

I would think as newly widowed and with newborn she would want to stay at the same place and close to her family. With new children and family she might have relocated later on (therefore checking on age gap). I think it would be worth to check high schools around Martinez.

I think I found her. There is a Tommi Ford who is in 7th grade in the 1973 Pinole Junior High School yearbook. Her mother, Lorna, was married to a Paul A. Ford from 1972-1975 in Contra Cosa Co.

attachment.php

Attachments

• CooperTommiLee.jpg
    CooperTommiLee.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 124
Tommi Lee Cooper?

No picture of her. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34972/62

Last seen July 31, 1981
60.0 to 62.0
95.0 to 100.0
Last seen on July 31, 1981 driving towards Sacramento where she worked.
Frosted brown hair
Hazel Eyes
Scar Below Eye
No mention of a Tattoo though

DNA on File

I lived in the area then in Sacramento. Women rarely got tattoos and did not talk about them. I am one-year younger than Tommi was. The Sun Club Massage Parlor where Tommi Lee Cooper worked was located 15 minutes from where this unidentified body was found and was very rural then. Where the car was found abandoned was just a few minutes from the Sun Club. The whole trip from work to where the car was abandoned and the unidentified body found is about 25 minutes. I would sure like to know why they ruled out Tommi Lee Cooper who fits the profile the Sacramento County Coroners office has.

I lived in the area then in Sacramento. Women rarely got tattoos and did not talk about them. I am one-year younger than Tommi was. The Sun Club Massage Parlor where Tommi Lee Cooper worked was located 15 minutes from where this unidentified body was found and was very rural then. Where the car was found abandoned was just a few minutes from the Sun Club. The whole trip from work to where the car was abandoned and the unidentified body found is about 25 minutes. I would sure like to know why they ruled out Tommi Lee Cooper who fits the profile the Sacramento County Coroners office has.

A few years back, an unidentified case on Namus had a ruleout list of these and these girls... one turning out to be the unidentified.
I don't trust that system at all.

From the searching I’ve done, I’ve found a few more potential matches:

Gail Deann Skelton, missing since 9/26/1980 from San Joaquin County
charleyproject.org/case/Gail-deann-Skelton

Denise Holly Dorfman, missing since 2/9/1980 from San Francisco (she is also reported to be a smoker)
Charleyproject.org/case/Denise-holly-dorfman

Teresa Lynn McKinley, missing since 9/16/1979 from Vacaville
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I live within a fifteen minute drive from where she was found, and I’ve always felt very drawn to her case and hope that someday soon we can know what happened to her and give her family some closure. Truly wish they hadn’t cremated her body though, a fresh look might have shed some new light what with the innovations in forensics these days.

Hello,
I'm new to Websleuths and I make composites in my spare time.
I recently created this one with Sacramento Jane Doe using her drawing and bust with descriptions. I submitted it to NamUs but I'm not aware of any updates. I believe she is accurate but I am an amateur. Tell me what you think or if it helps at all. I did my best with what I had. It's an honest attempt.

Attachments

• Sacramento.jpg
    Sacramento.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Sacramento Jane Doe.jpg
    Sacramento Jane Doe.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 30
How come they didn't give this UID any eyelids in her reconstruction?
Can they see that on a skull?
It makes her look asian, like SisterGrimm's recon, but Namus states the victim was white/caucasian.

eta SisterGrimm: I think it's a bad idea to use someone else's recon/drawing to make your own, especially when the remains are skeletal or decomposed. It has a lot to do with their own perception and opinion, they can only guess certain features.
You're a talented artist, but you need to work from scratch, and if there is just a skull you need some anatomical knowledge as well. That is jmo.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes