GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

CA CA - Sacramento, WhtFem 142UFCA, 18-31, off I-5, red flower tattoo, Oct'81

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by PonderingThings, Jan 17, 2006.

1. sonz82

sonz82 Active Member

AliceInPain likes this.
  2. AliceInPain

AliceInPain Well-Known Member

3. SisterGrimm

SisterGrimm Member

I believe that the tattoo may be a poinsettia flower. The sharp red petals stand out but the red stem and two green leaves may indicate otherwise. If this is a poinsettia it was probably drawn out from memory before she got the tattoo. This could mean that this was done unprofessionally. The poinsettia is not only a holiday symbol but it originated from southern mexico.

Attached Files:

digitective and Suglo like this.
  4. houndpounder

houndpounder Well-Known Member

I agree it's a Poinsettia: The plant's association with Christmas began in 16th-century Mexico, where legend tells of a girl, commonly called Pepita or Maria.

Bit of hope, Suglo and SisterGrimm like this.
  5. SisterGrimm

SisterGrimm Member

While I see your point about her appearing Hispanic I noted that I used descriptions. One description from an anthropology report stated that doe may have had dark skin but listed as White/Caucasian. I realized early on that this was a difficult reconstruction without clear post mortem photos. I noticed that the drawing and bust had similar features and could be used for proportionate features. Thank you for your honest opinion. It really helps with future recons.

AliceInPain likes this.
  6. theshadow45

theshadow45 Well-Known Member

Bumping.

SisterGrimm and Suglo like this.
  7. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Well-Known Member

Sacramento County Sheriff's Department - Cold Case Investigations- Homicide

Victim:
    Jane Doe (Unidentified Female)
    Date of Occurrence:October 27, 1981

Synopsis:
    On the morning of October 27, 1981, partial skeletal remains were discovered on the side of Interstate 5, just south of Freeport Boulevard. The remains were examined and found to be female, possibly Caucasian. The remains estimated to be between the ages of 22 and 29, measured at approximately 5’0” to 5’4” tall. It is believed she was a smoker. The female had a small tattoo of a flower, also described as a “Mexican Rose”, on her right hip area. It was estimated the female had been dumped at that location as early as 6 weeks prior to as late as 6 months prior to discovery.

[​IMG]
    'The plant (Poincettia) is native to Mexico and Guatemala and is associated with December (according to some sources), marking the bearer as clean, pure and sacred. The poinsettia is also a symbol for motherhood, joy, love etc.