CA CA - San Diego, HispFem, Teen, #UP54236, runs into traffic + hit, Aug 2018

jinger

Reaction score
Teenage Girl Struck, Killed Trying to Cross Freeway Near San Clemente Checkpoint

MAoPz6b

Young Hispanic still unidentified girl.

Press Releases

scroll down a bit to see her report as well.

The amount of UID's that are Hispanic is so very sad. I read somewhere that it is because they are undocumented that they remain nameless. Because their families either don't know what happened to them or because they don't want to come forward.

The amount of UID's that are Hispanic is so very sad. I read somewhere that it is because they are undocumented that they remain nameless. Because their families either don't know what happened to them or because they don't want to come forward.
So true, I wanted to do a blog bringing awareness to this issue. If you goto Namus and search Pima county Arizona, your mind will be blown. Then encompass, California and the southwest region, you see the epidemic the general population is unaware of. When I tell people of what we do on Websleuths, they really have no clue how many people in general go missing a week or Uid's there are if its not broadcasted on mainstream media.

More information, including a sketch:
Pedestrian-Killed-Interstate-5-2018.jpg

Long brown hair, brown eyes, 61" tall, 111 pounds. Hispanic/Latina in her late teens to early twenties. She was wearing a maroon shirt with repeating cartoon prints and the word "travels" on it, jeans with a stitched design on a brand tag reading "Eemociones," and gray high-top sneakers with a heart on the sides and turquoise metallic studding.

Medical Examiner seeks help identifying woman killed near Interstate 5 checkpoint

Sketch Released in Hopes of Identifying Teen Killed on I-5

I wish we could see the clothes/shoes/brands just a little bit closer. If the jeans are emociones brand (without the extra e) they might be from a smallish Mexican company located in Puebla Emociones JNS.MX (facebook link)

It doesn't really help at all but I can't help but look for something. Seeing how the pants were cut is just breaking my heart.

This case, though... Andrea Kuiper and Samantha Bonnell springs to mind :( Hoping for a speedy resolution on this one.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

#UP54236
Date Body Found August 9, 2018
ME/C Case Number 18-01951

Thumbnail

Sex Female
Race/Ethnicity Hispanic/Latino
Estimated Age Group Late Teen/Young Adult
Height 5' 1"(61 inches) , Measured
Weight 111 lbs, Measured

General Location N/B ISR 5 San Clemente, California 92672
County Orange County
GPS Coordinates N 33 21 51, W 117 32 32

Circumstances of Recovery Decedent was transported from scene to Emergency Department of Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla via ambulance.

Condition of Remains Recognizable face

Circumstances Notes

The decedent was a yet to be identified, Hispanic female with an unknown residence. The decedent was seen crossing the N/B ISR 5 in Oceanside on foot, originating from the right hand shoulder into the number two lane when she was struck by a vehicle travelling at a low rate of speed. 9-1-1 was called and paramedics arrived and airlifted the decedent to the trauma bay of Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla. The decedent arrived with advanced cardiac life support in progress. Despite aggressive life-saving measures, the decedent never regained consciousness and death was pronounced.

Physical Description
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description Straight black hair measuring up to approximately 24 inches on the top of the head, tied with a dark blue scrunchie.
Body Hair Description Short, dark leg hairs.
Left Eye Color Brown
Right Eye Color Brown
Eye Description Normally formed, no glasses or contact lenses.

Other distinctive physical characteristic
Scars:
No significant surgical or traumatic scars are identified.
Tattoos: None.

Clothing
1. A maroon shirt with multicolored figures.
2. A pair of dark blue denim jeans, “EMOCIONS” brand, size 5.
3. A pair of tan underwear, bearing the words “HECHO EN P.R.C, ZA12 FREE” in the waistband.
4. A teal and hot pink bra, “Goobie” brand, size 34A.
5. A neon green, black and blue sock.
6. A pair of gray, blue and pink athletic shoes, “NITRAM” brand, size 25.

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

#UP54236
Date Body Found August 9, 2018
ME/C Case Number 18-01951

Thumbnail

Sex Female
Race/Ethnicity Hispanic/Latino
Estimated Age Group Late Teen/Young Adult
Height 5' 1"(61 inches) , Measured
Weight 111 lbs, Measured

General Location N/B ISR 5 San Clemente, California 92672
County Orange County
GPS Coordinates N 33 21 51, W 117 32 32

Circumstances of Recovery Decedent was transported from scene to Emergency Department of Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla via ambulance.

Condition of Remains Recognizable face

Circumstances Notes

The decedent was a yet to be identified, Hispanic female with an unknown residence. The decedent was seen crossing the N/B ISR 5 in Oceanside on foot, originating from the right hand shoulder into the number two lane when she was struck by a vehicle travelling at a low rate of speed. 9-1-1 was called and paramedics arrived and airlifted the decedent to the trauma bay of Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla. The decedent arrived with advanced cardiac life support in progress. Despite aggressive life-saving measures, the decedent never regained consciousness and death was pronounced.

Physical Description
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description Straight black hair measuring up to approximately 24 inches on the top of the head, tied with a dark blue scrunchie.
Body Hair Description Short, dark leg hairs.
Left Eye Color Brown
Right Eye Color Brown
Eye Description Normally formed, no glasses or contact lenses.

Other distinctive physical characteristic
Scars:
No significant surgical or traumatic scars are identified.
Tattoos: None.

Clothing
1. A maroon shirt with multicolored figures.
2. A pair of dark blue denim jeans, “EMOCIONS” brand, size 5.
3. A pair of tan underwear, bearing the words “HECHO EN P.R.C, ZA12 FREE” in the waistband.
4. A teal and hot pink bra, “Goobie” brand, size 34A.
5. A neon green, black and blue sock.
6. A pair of gray, blue and pink athletic shoes, “NITRAM” brand, size 25.

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
The bra and shoes are definitely made in Mexico brands so she is most likely a Mexican citizen (as opposed to another Central American nationality). She was very petite. I’m sure her family is wondering why they haven’t heard from her. These cases break my heart.

Interesting to me that people think she was crossing the border -- San Clemente is in Orange County, which is not near the border at all. This would make more sense to me if it was in San Diego or Riverside County, but San Clemente is fairly far from the Mexican border.
Some possibilities:
Luz Velazquez
Joanna Hernandez-Pacheco
Olga Morales Gomez
Treacy Karina Cardona Vasquez de Vasquez

What do y'all think?
IMO JMOO Joanna bears the most resemblance to the reconstruction + circumstances match up with her possibly leaving to California or Mexico.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back