Match! CA - San Francisco, WhtFem body, ~40, Jul'10 - Nancy Barrett

Great Job Summer_Breeze.

And I'm glad that Jana Tawney showed the courtesy of acknowledging your efforts. A few of our members have made matches without a peep from authorities, or even worse, they take credit for it themselves.

Woo Hoo Summer!!!!!

Good job.

Blessings to Nancy's family. May she rest in peace.

It looks like she lost some weight between when the picture was taken and when the artist did the sketch. :(

Salem

It appears she did lose some weight. Nancy's MP info lists her at 150 lbs. The UID was listed at 129 lbs. I wonder if being more than 20 lbs difference is why NamUs didn't catch it.

Amazing job, Summer Breeze! I don't usually hang out in UID, but Kimster told me about your success and I just wanted to congratulate you. It is wonderful to see someone given back their name and family. Woo Hoo!

Thank you Summer Breeze for helping Nancy go home.

Summer Breeze that is what this is all about. Even if the results aren't always what everyone hoped for...

RIP Nancy, you have your name back.

You all are very kind. I am absolutely jubilant that Nancy has a name and home. I am dancing in my chair. Literally.

Kimster, I only looked at the clothing and description detail, and state. And the sketches.

I've seen submissions from all over the country for some NamUs profiles, so I figured what the heck on "same state"

For further reference, I did not read/interpret the articles the same as others. I take packing up the car with personal belongings, abandoning car....to mean the person had no intention of staying "in the area".

The rest was just matching up description and specifc clothing. Luck.

I wish I could provide more insight, but that is all I have. I tell you, sometimes it is just luck. And chances worth taking.

And I encourage everyone to take those chances. Families await your potential match!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone here contributing to this forum is terrific, dedicated.

Please, keep looking. It is valuable and worthy.

Best regards,
~Summer

33658EmRX22B4955.med.jpg
attachment.php

http://www.smdp.com/datedimages/2011/07/18/33658EmRX22B4955.med.jpg

This is one of the few cases where the artist had the drawing COMPLETELY correct. Anyone who knew her could recognize her from the drawing, IMHO.

SummerBreeze - thanks for being the one to do it. I'm always amazed when grieving families somehow don't have the resources/connections to find their missing family members through missing persons sites.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back