Identified! CA - San Joaquin Co., WhtFem 320UFCA, 29-41, Gorilla hiking boots, Mar'95 - Amanda Lynn Schumann Deza

In 1995, scavengers found a refrigerator containing what former San Joaquin County Assistant Sheriff John Huber believes may be another one of Rasmussen’s victims. The refrigerator had been dumped in a canal in San Joaquin County, California.

“The scavengers actually walked out in the middle [of the canal], because it was just mud … cut the rope and opened it up here and that's when they saw what they thought was a human being inside,” Huber told “20/20.”

Huber said the body of a woman was found in a state of advanced decomposition and police couldn’t discern the woman’s facial features. She had been placed in the refrigerator with a pillow, sleeping bag and what appeared to be several blankets, he said.

Also in the refrigerator, was a unique brand of milk that was only delivered to a certain area that matched up with where Rasmussen had been at the time, Huber said.

Additionally, Huber said the woman’s remains bore the hallmarks of Rasmussen’s other victims.

“She had blunt force trauma to the head, and then she was put in a container and the container was tied off and he dumped it,” he said.

Huber says the investigation is stalled because she is still unidentified.

Serial killer Terry Rasmussen's victims, known and unknown
@cvaldez1975 Good call!

She was added to namus a few months ago! This one seems so identifiable.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
case ID: #UP68494

I'm happy she was entered in Namus but they sure entered the bare minimum of information on the record. They did not indicate that the engagement ring was found on the victims right hand. They did not indicate that she had strawberry blond hair. They did not indicate that she had beautiful straight white teeth. They did not include a weight range that had been previously reported.

They also did not indicate that the DNA was submitted to the California DOJ.

This just occurred to me- what if she was pregnant? Might have been someone's mistress & a change in the situation caused her to be murdered and disposed of...(As for the ring plenty of men will lie to conceal their current marriages from a mistress and "play the game" to keep the mistress available. Keep in mind what happened to this victim, anyone capable of that is probably not a great person in general.)

edit to add- keep in mind Rasmussen was a very slovenly type of person (if I recall correctly he got in trouble for welfare fraud & was often unemployed) so it's hard for me to think that sort of offender could lure this type of victim to her doom.

I keep thinking it's a domestic violence type situation. OR this victim might have been on the periphery of drug dealing culture and got killed over something having to do with that. It seems a bit incongruous that someone who dresses like a hippie/outdoorsy type would be running around with a fairly fancy diamond ring.

Side note- back then the type of socks the victim was wearing would have been described as "raver style". (Akin to the wacky outfits worn for raves.) I know stripey socks were fashionable in the 1970s....I'm just saying this since I was a teen in the 1990s & lived outside of the Bay Area so if I saw those socks I'd assume the wearer was trying for a "rave" look or took the socks from a rave outfit.

Last edited:
This case has interested me for a while. All indications are that she was the type of woman who would have been missed. She probably wasn’t homeless, a druggie or a sex worker. I don’t know much about women’s clothing styles in the 90’s but I got the impression she was dressed for daytime-outdoor type activity such as a concert, backyard party or a fair. I hadn’t thought of a rave. Would someone have dressed that way to one? The age estimates seem to run 30-45. She appears dressed for someone on the very youngest end of that spectrum.

The milk containers were sold only to institutions such as schools, churches or jails in that general area; they were not available in retail stores. There was a strong possibility that the owner of the refrigerator pilfered the milk from an employer.

The milk suggests the refrigerator was plugged in and running before the body was placed there but the ice bags would suggest the refrigerator was used to preserve the body after it was unplugged but before it was dumped. All of that would seem to indicate that the murder was unplanned and the means of disposal of the body was improvised afterwards.

The autopsy did not reveal any pregnancy or signs of having given birth in the past but that information could have been held back. It is possible that semen could have been recovered. Either was, this case would be a prime candidate for genetic genealogy.

I meant to include this suggestion in my previous post- what if she's Canadian? Border crossing was much more easy in the pre- 9/11 era.

I've been thinking a lot about this case mostly because I grew up in this area. Regarding raves and rave goers- they were super popular & the "social butterfly" type would definitely be up for mingling at one- the outdoorsy outfit wouldn't be rave wear but the socks seem that way to me. Speaking as a woman who often throws outfits together out of laziness, I could see someone scrunching striped socks down on boots to hide the pattern to match it better to a non-matching outfit. Just a suggestion as to the odd outfit-socks pairing.

A good friend of mine went to rave parties in the Stockton area in the late 1990s and I would nag her to be be careful...Just the usual things two teenaged friends would tell each other. At the time we were all about heavy metal & rock but my friend didn't want to pass up a chance to party.

The amount of bedding found with the victim and the jewelry left on her makes me think she knew her killer. & The dump site being where it was means the killer took great effort to put distance between the victim & evidence and (presumably) himself. (Side note to this- this region of Northern California is densely populated, so it's remarkable that no one has matched the victim to a local Missing Person's report, AND no one saw anything until the scavengers found the dumped fridge. Whoever dumped the fridge obviously did it at night. I'm confident in saying this as my work took me to Lathrop, Stockton and sometimes Sacramento in the late 1990s- early 2000s. I drove A LOT on both country and city roads in that region.)

Last edited:
Just a thought about the milks in the fridge could it be possible they came from a food bank? I know around here food banks give out milk and juice in those little cartons most of the time churches will donate them when they are getting close to expiring. I know it would be impossible to know exactly who got them if that is the case but it might help to narrow down a search area. It seems like a lot of hour have been put in to investigating this case and it should be solvable but I can't help but wonder maybe no one reported her missing for whatever reason.

I believe she was found around here - Google Earth

This link used to have some unique photos related to her and her belongings, but the site is gone - http://justthefactsmag.com/cold-case-jane-doe-57/

The article is still on Web Archive, but the photos are not - has anyone perhaps archived them from that link when they were still online?

I have screen shots of many of the pictures that were posted as evidence from various news stories. The images are not as clear as the original pictures in some cases.

I'd look a lot closer to home for the identity of this victim. I lived in Antioch for a couple of years and I used to drive those backroads between Antioch and Stockton fairly often (I got bored with hwy 4 pretty quickly.)

It's out in the middle of nowhere, farm land and swamps. This isn't an area you stumble across by accident when you're looking to dispose of a refrigerator with a body in it.

In one of the pictures you can see a Sheriff's Deputy standing over the slough the refrigerator was found in. If you look behind him all you see is open farmland, that's what the whole area looks like. Farmland, farms, canals. When I took the backroads I would see one, maybe two cars from Stockton to Discovery Bay.
Its a lot more busier nowadays. So much traffic during the day.

What pictures are you referring to where the deputy is standing over the slough where she was found? I've been going out there a lot lately as this case has intrigued me since I was a kid in the mid 90s. I've found a ton of torched abandon cars, boats, and a lot of roadside memorials.

Its a lot more busier nowadays. So much traffic during the day.

What pictures are you referring to where the deputy is standing over the slough where she was found? I've been going out there a lot lately as this case has intrigued me since I was a kid in the mid 90s. I've found a ton of torched abandon cars, boats, and a lot of roadside memorials.

A photo from http://justthefactsmag.com/cold-case-jane-doe-57/

It's not on the site any more and hasn't been archived, unless perhaps someone here saved it and could post it.

Surprised she's still not ID-d. I still believe she's a domestic violence victim and most likely unreported. With those clothes, food on the fridge this really should've been an easy case in different circumstances.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back