Identified! CA - San Mateo Co, WhtMale 773UMCA, 19-25, female clothing, Nov'83 *name withheld*

Oh news paper article I think Iam blind because Iam totally missing it on the page But what i did notice was images of jewelry that I had not noticed before! Thanks for bringing this up again carbuff I would not have noticed the jewelry ! Photo below

The photos of the newspaper article are just to the right of the jewelry photo on my screen.

The photos of the newspaper article are just to the right of the jewelry photo on my screen.
So odd I don't see the article. May because on my phone. I wish check later on my lap top. So weird.

I dunno. It's plausible I guess. My reservations:

The mileage on Miller's rental car isn't enough for a trip to California from Connecticut, let alone back to Alabama. Though I suppose there are explanations for that. He did say he was going to California, and if he wanted to live an alternative lifestyle that might have been enough reason to leave his family--basically as soon as he was old enough to be legal.

He's a bit larger than the UID, whose measurements should be pretty accurate because of how soon the body was found.

I did a side by side but it's hard to tell much because of the very different angles. Again possible but I'm not wild about it.

Attachments

• martin miller and CA uid.png
    martin miller and CA uid.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 38

Perfect thank you Carbuff I finally got to see it with your link. I think your right it must of been cutting it off on my phone. Iam posting the article below so we have it here also

Attachments

• IMG_1745.PNG
    IMG_1745.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
I dunno. It's plausible I guess. My reservations:

The mileage on Miller's rental car isn't enough for a trip to California from Connecticut, let alone back to Alabama. Though I suppose there are explanations for that. He did say he was going to California, and if he wanted to live an alternative lifestyle that might have been enough reason to leave his family--basically as soon as he was old enough to be legal.

He's a bit larger than the UID, whose measurements should be pretty accurate because of how soon the body was found.

I did a side by side but it's hard to tell much because of the very different angles. Again possible but I'm not wild about it.
I can see it with the nose and the eyebrow shape but for some reason miller looks like he has an overbite no?

Harold Lawson went missing from San Francisco on February 3, 1983 and wears women's clothing. There are some discrepancies between the two, but he went missing from about 30 miles away and was known to dress as a woman (I don't think this is a very common trait).
image.aspx

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=4679314732507
It's San Francisco, men dressing in women's clothing was way more common there for years. It has always had a very big Gay and Trans community.

Now for some of my useless trivia...
Remember the Village People put them on the Map for the rest of the world to know. With their 1970s song Hit San Francisco.

Oh and speaking of Harold he has a thread on here and I believe he was finally found .

Good point, but in my 1980s childhood recollections, everyone was wearing crosses for fashion. You never know....

I was going to mention that crosses were just jewelry for a few years, especially in the Goth subculture. And there are a lot of atheist/agnostic Jews around, too (Mr. Carbuff being one of them).

It seems likely that the decedent had left home to come to San Francisco because of the lifestyle, so if they're reported missing at all, it might be several years previous. So Martin's three years doesn't seem like a big deal.

Oh that is a good thought!
Possibly - or thinks their missing son is a straight male and never would have looked outside the box to find a match to this person.

Crossdressing =/= not straight. The outfit did not sound like the Doe was prostituting as the opposite gender, but as being trans or a crossdresser.

That doesn't make them not straight fyi. (I know I'm nitpicking, but when it comes to stigma like this it's extremely important to get people to realize those aren't equal.) For example, J.Edgar Hoover wasn't necessarily straight out homosexual, but had a transpersona "Mary".

But I absolutely agree with you two, most likely this Doe has never been identified is because his/her family didn't want/know/expect to find their child in female clothing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back