Identified! CA - San Mateo Co, WhtMale 773UMCA, 19-25, female clothing, Nov'83 *name withheld*

It's been a year now. I wonder if they haven't released the name due to further investigation.
Possibly so. I could be wrong and perhaps someone who has better understanding of these procedures can jump in, but I "think" with a UID that has been murdered they will release a name? I do think in the case of suicide they don't have to if the family wishes to keep the identity private? (Like "Lyle Stevik?")

Regardless, let's hope we hear more about our Pillar Point Doe soon. I"m still trying to figure out who the original Detective was.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Hi so um I don't think it is James W Hires as he had

" Fractured right clavicle, fractured upper left arm, discoloration on the left knee. "
I feel like if our Jane Doe had fractures and discoloration on the left knee, the case file would have told us because knowing past fractures/breaks is something HUGE to know right off the back so at least to me, I cross James off the list sadly.

I know this is a long shot but have we looked into WOMEN? It is 1983, i feel like this person could lie with a fake name possibly? I know they would still be missing but what if they changed their name throughout their life because they seemed to want to look like a woman. It sounds silly but maybe we can find something.

Here is a few cases of missing people who do look kind of like our Jane Doe

Roger Dale Madison
3325DMCA - Roger Dale Madison
RDMadison.jpg

John Allen Troha
4031DMMI - John Allen Troha

JATroha_LARGE.jpg
I originally thought exactly the same thing about the broken bones. It seems like a very strong exclusion for James. However, what I have learned over time is that the files (especially the old ones) are inaccurate alot, and obvious details like that get lost, and so forth So, I remain unsure. You're likely right tho. We'll see.

Possibly so. I could be wrong and perhaps someone who has better understanding of these procedures can jump in, but I "think" with a UID that has been murdered they will release a name? I do think in the case of suicide they don't have to if the family wishes to keep the identity private? (Like "Lyle Stevik?")

Regardless, let's hope we hear more about our Pillar Point Doe soon. I"m still trying to figure out who the original Detective was.

I think it's possible that the Trans Doe Task Force is trying to find out more about their lived identity before releasing more information, too.

Here's a real, long shot - real long, but thought I'd bring it up anyway. I just came across a Doe from 9 years earlier found on the Linda Mar Beach in Pacifica. (San Mateo County John Doe in 1974). This would be less than 9 miles from Pillar Point. Granted, I believe the beaches in this area are known as dumping grounds. And, admittedly, this Doe was very different, and we are talking 9 years apart.

This Doe was allegedly a transient man picked up in GHiredelli Square and tortured by four men. Two were jailed, the other two didn't have sufficient evidence to convict. This poor Doe lost his head, hands, and feet in this attack and remains unidentified. JOHN DOE / CASE #74-407 | Coroner

Is there even a slight possibility that the two that were not convicted for the San Mateo County John Doe could have been involved in Pillar Point Doe's murder? Unlikely, but you never know. The beach, of course is the common denominator.

Here's a real, long shot - real long, but thought I'd bring it up anyway. I just came across a Doe from 9 years earlier found on the Linda Mar Beach in Pacifica. (San Mateo County John Doe in 1974). This would be less than 9 miles from Pillar Point. Granted, I believe the beaches in this area are known as dumping grounds. And, admittedly, this Doe was very different, and we are talking 9 years apart.

This Doe was allegedly a transient man picked up in GHiredelli Square and tortured by four men. Two were jailed, the other two didn't have sufficient evidence to convict. This poor Doe lost his head, hands, and feet in this attack and remains unidentified. JOHN DOE / CASE #74-407 | Coroner

Is there even a slight possibility that the two that were not convicted for the San Mateo County John Doe could have been involved in Pillar Point Doe's murder? Unlikely, but you never know. The beach, of course is the common denominator.

You never know, I think you have some good points there.

Please do not state that Linda Mar is a dumping ground...it is not what so ever! you need to do your Zebra murder research then get back to posting
I'm sure Linda Mar is a lovely community.
Back when this poor victim was found, the beaches along that coast line outside of San Francisco were not as populated, and had some association with criminal cover ups. My amateur opinion and speculation is based on my friendship with one of the homicide Detectives from that era, a mentor, who used to share fascinating (and horrifying) stories with me.

I'm still looking forward to hearing the identification of this sweet soul that passed so violently many years ago, and justice for them! I'm still convinced it's James H., but I could certainly be wrong. Have been before!

If this person has been identified, it’s quite possible their name isn’t released as this is a homicide investigation and releasing the name could hinder the investigation. The DNA Doe Project mentions that they were tentatively identified so maybe the identity has not been confirmed.

It seems like they were 100% identified by DDP and TDTF via forsenic genealogy: Meet the Genetic Sleuths Solving Decades-Old Trans Murders

It also seems like they haven’t released a name because the case is still under active investigation. You’re also dealing with the issue of a potential dead name—you know the biological family and maybe the identity that they did not go by in life when they were murdered. I can definitely see detectives trying to determine how they presented, what their chosen name was, and try to contact chosen family before announcing this doe’s identity. Important for respect and also to generate leads if the need is there.

It seems like they were 100% identified by DDP and TDTF via forsenic genealogy: Meet the Genetic Sleuths Solving Decades-Old Trans Murders

It also seems like they haven’t released a name because the case is still under active investigation. You’re also dealing with the issue of a potential dead name—you know the biological family and maybe the identity that they did not go by in life when they were murdered. I can definitely see detectives trying to determine how they presented, what their chosen name was, and try to contact chosen family before announcing this doe’s identity. Important for respect and also to generate leads if the need is there.
They apparently had two persons of interest, but they were let go due to lack of evidence. They had to have left their DNA at the scene, they should compare it with them.

This is one case that I can understand a name being withheld. Although I do want to know their true identity, I’d much rather their killer be identified.

ETA: And I’m also VERY glad to see this case is still under investigation!!

Randall Dean Leach
Missing since November 6, 1980 from Bend, Deschutes County, Oregon.
Classification: Missing

this could be a match, the only things i could find as differences was the facts that there was no mention of the UID having a healed collar fracture or evidence of a piercing. even with that being said i think this could be something we should look more into

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back