Identified! CA - San Mateo Co, WhtMale 773UMCA, 19-25, female clothing, Nov'83 *name withheld*

Is that definitely certain they have been formally identified?

Is that definitely certain they have been formally identified?

Definitely: Meet the Genetic Sleuths Solving Decades-Old Trans Murders

San Mateo County police have since declined to release Pillar Point Doe’s birth name—or to allow the couple to—saying it could hurt their hunt for the killer. “This homicide is actively being investigated. Unfortunately, disclosing information about the details may hinder our investigation,” Sergeant William Young, from the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office, told Motherboard.

San Mateo County police have since declined to release Pillar Point Doe’s birth name—or to allow the couple to—saying it could hurt their hunt for the killer. “This homicide is actively being investigated. Unfortunately, disclosing information about the details may hinder our investigation,” Sergeant William Young, from the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office, told Motherboard.
Lee and Anthony are two incredible people doing amazing work. God Bless them.

thank you for linking that. Just reading about it again brings home what a brutal end this poor person suffered, I hope to god they can catch the dirt bags responsible

I know this one has been identified, but while we're waiting...

I came across Michael Dennis Small and noticed the resemblance in the upper half of the face especially. Just outside the age range, but the right height and weight. Brown hair/brown eyes that look hazel in his photo. Noses look different, but Doe's nose has appeared more similar to MDS's in other renderings. General face shape looks so similar to me.
Michael Dennis Small – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original
Original

Thai l

I came across Michael Dennis Small and noticed the resemblance in the upper half of the face especially. Just outside the age range, but the right height and weight. Brown hair/brown eyes that look hazel in his photo. Noses look different, but Doe's nose has appeared more similar to MDS's in other renderings. General face shape looks so similar to me.

Original
Original
This looks like such a good match, the only thing is would Michaels namus page still be up if it were him with our Doe being id’d? I’m not too familiar with namus

Thai l

This looks like such a good match, the only thing is would Michaels namus page still be up if it were him with our Doe being id’d? I’m not too familiar with namus
The Doe's NamUs is still up, too, so I'm not sure if the ID has been confirmed to the point of comfort for LE or if they're just slow in taking the pages down. I've seen pages stay up for a while after official ID announcements in some cases, much to the frustration of sleuths!

The Doe's NamUs is still up, too, so I'm not sure if the ID has been confirmed to the point of comfort for LE or if they're just slow in taking the pages down. I've seen pages stay up for a while after official ID announcements in some cases, much to the frustration of sleuths!
Oh wow I didn’t even see that. well you may very well have found a match, I feel like across the eye area and even the ears, from what we can see, really matches up well

Original
Original
Same brows IMHO. Uncanny resemblance!

The Trans Doe Task Force works to educate police departments and medical examiners on ways to handle cases where victims may be transgender.

They also use tools like DNA and genealogy to identify remains.

Take the case known as the "Pillar Point Doe."

In 1983, the remains of someone who was stabbed to death were found on a beach in San Mateo County, California.

“This individual was assigned male and wearing feminine coded clothing and was found within hours of death on the beach," Redgrave says.

Although the victim had female characteristics, the medical examiner listed the body as that of a male.

“The neglect to include they were wearing feminine clothing at the time, I’m sure contributed to the identification taking 40 years," Redgrave says

In 2018, Redgrave and his team took on the case. They worked with a sketch artist who created an image that presented more female than the sketch authorities originally put out.

“There were multiple forensic images that came out before this case went to DNA. None of them showed as presenting as female," Redgrave says.

Using DNA, they eventually tracked down the identity of "Pillar Point Doe."

“I cry every time. And it’s never going to get easier, and I don’t want it to get easier,” Anthony says of what it's like to solve a case.

While police now know who the victim is, they haven't arrested a killer.

Inside the Trans Doe Task Force's office, in the small Western Massachusetts town of Orange, Jessie Velstra flips through page after page of missing cases involving members of the LGBTQ community.

She maintains the LAMMP database.

It's a private database that helps authorities connect cases of "Does" with people who have gone missing.

“If you have an unidentified person over here who is trans, who is presenting other than the way they were assigned at birth, and then you have been missing person over here, who is also listed as transgender then you’ll be able to compare them easier," Velstra says.

As someone who is transgender, Redgrave's work is personal.

"If my life had taken one step in a completely different direction or slightly different direction, I could be one of these people," Redgrave says.

But Redgrave hopes everyone sees this work as important, no matter how they identify.

"These are people who are just as deserving of having their case closed and just as deserving of having their family notified as anybody else because everyone matters," Redgrave says.

I am assuming the Decedent's family has been notified of the identification? I would think so? I understand this is an ongoing criminal investigation, but they released Buckskin Girl's ID, and that Perp is still at large.
While I can appreciate the benefits of disclosure and non-disclosure, IWT that if the identity was known, it might result in some good leads from people who knew the Decedent during the time leading up to brutal murder. And yes, I agree this was likely a hate crime.

Amateur opinion and speculation

They had two persons of interest but not enough evidence to make arrests. Unfortunately, everything seems to indicate this death being a hate crime.
Completely agree, I’d put money on it being a hate crime. I just imagine this person being courageous enough to live the life or identity they felt was true to them, and to be so viciously killed for it, it’s just so tragic.

Refreshing the thread. I really feel like UPI was right in that these are a match. Something very similar is going on with a TX Doe. The match seems obvious but the MP is still presumed missing. I understand the sensitive nature of both cases though and of course the families deserve the privacy.

CCD7B3A2-E794-4213-9A94-A82FF68174C1.jpeg3FFBA8F5-98FA-4886-8B6B-87467D9576EE.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back