CA-Sandra Cantu Missing/Located from Tracy, #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just returned from another lovely day at the zoo with the twins...yesterday was with my grandson. Would someone be so kind as to give me a condensed version of today's events and what me might be sleuthing. TIA

It's been a day filled with a stolen Kia SUV belonging to a member of the Lawless tribe, if I remember correctly; Sgt. Sheneman was actually avuncular at the presser today, compared to his terse performance yesterday; bamboo blinds played a role on the earlier thread, too. Sandra's family either did, or didn't, attend Clover Road Baptist. All kinds of things.

ERRATA: The Kia wasn't stolen, just searched.

I just returned from another lovely day at the zoo with the twins...yesterday was with my grandson. Would someone be so kind as to give me a condensed version of today's events and what me might be sleuthing. TIA

from morning presser:

• focusing on NO SPECIFIC person at this time.
• looking to identify killer or killers
• has heard SPECULATION about a stolen suitcase, but they have NO REPORT of stolen luggage.
• can't reveal how luggage got to the pond.
• Tracy Police have a liason with the family all day (not evening)
• No plans at this time for any Search Warrants today.
• Police are NOT done interviewing anyone
• All search warrants previously issued are sealed, any new search warrants will be sealed.

Sheneman clarified that he has used both "people" and "person" when referring to whoever did this and it does not indicate whether they think it was one or more.

snipped from previous thread:
"As for the churdch member who spoke, how many times have we heard "He was such a nice guy." with mass murderers, let alone child molestors. Church's with lsots of children in the congregation are prime targets for child abusers - churches do NOT screen their volunteers."

Gaia- Now days churches with lots of children generally do screen their volunteers. Many of the larger churches in my area (mine included) do backrgound checks. My church requires all youth/nursery volunteers to complete a 1 day training as well as agreeing to background checks and submitting character references. And there are always 2 or more volunteers working together so an adult is never alone with a child. This likely wasn't the case if Sandra's church was Clover Road Baptist since it's so small...but screening volunteers IS the trend with larger churches now days.

Link:
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m4d7-Pastor-of-church-designated-crime-scene-was-Sandra-Cantus-neighbor

C Sinclair-
49, was arrested last week for obstructing the police investigation and has been described in court records as alcoholic and abusive.

F Wholer-
60, lives in the park behind Sandra’s home and was served search warrants by police. Wohler said he kissed Sandra on the lips two years ago just to be nice, when she was only 6-years-old.

Pastor Clifford Lane Lawless-
church is only about 100 yards away from the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park.

According to Tracy Press, Lawless has been pastor of the church since 1981 and has lived in the mobile home park with his wife since the mid-1990s.

Lawless is the fourth name to have come up in the investigation regarding Sandra.

D Slayter-
A friend of Sinclair, David Slayter, 44, whose home and cars were searched, was questioned by police last week. Slayter admitted Sandra had been in his home several times.

salem, thank you for the new thread! Do you think you could put the poi's and unit numbers in the opening thingy too? (and suziQ's rumor post and the tpark map?)

Sure LOL - do you have some links? I have an appointment and have to get going UGGGHHH

Will you be catching the 3:30 presser? I am going to miss it. If you do, will you let me know if anything important is said?

Thanks,

Salem

It's been a day filled with a stolen Kia SUV belonging to a member of the Lawless tribe, if I remember correctly; Sgt. Sheneman was actually avuncular at the presser today, compared to his terse performance yesterday; bamboo blinds played a role on the earlier thread, too. Sandra's family either did, or didn't, attend Clover Road Baptist. All kinds of things.

What:eek:
Now how hinky is that or should I say convenient...please tell me this vehicle had already been impounded and searched prior to being stolen. Any speculation that it just might be at the bottom of a river?

Also thank you darlin gal for the digest of events.

One more thing...does anyone have a list of Lawless' alias'? TIA

Was the SUV stolen?

I am *finally* caught up reading~

I'm not sure who posted in thread 6 about baptistries (that's really spelled wrong, sorry) being drained after each baptism.......I'm not baptist, but pretty dang close and our baptistry is not drained after each, and to my knowledge they are clorinated......

JMO :)

Article about presser today for anyone that missed it:

http://www.tracypress.com/pages/full_story?page_label=home&id=2267674-Still+no+suspects+named&widget=push&article-Still%20no%20suspects%20named%20=&instance=home_news_lead_story&open=&

Some Highlights:

in excess” of 15 search warrants have been served since the little girl’s March 27 disappearance and expects many more to be issued. Police asked the courts to seal every one.

No suspects have been named

Several rumors associated with the piece of black luggage have spread among residents of Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park, where little Sandra lived. Some residents have said that the pastor’s wife, Connie Lawless, or her daughter, Joni, left the rolling suitcase on their home’s driveway for a few minutes when someone took it.

No suitcase was reported missing to police, Sheneman said.

One more thing...does anyone have a list of Lawless' alias'? TIA
His first name is Clifford but he goes by Lane.
His wife's name also begins with C and has listed "Lane" as her middle name.

Was the SUV stolen?

I don't have the link and this was early-on this morning on Thread #6, but I think I recall it was; anyway, it was being given a going-over by TPD for one reason or another. No one's mentioned it here this p.m.

LATE BREAKING: Aha! I see from Miss Lisa, above, that it wasn't stolen, just searched. My bad.

C Sinclair-
49, was arrested last week for obstructing the police investigation and has been described in court records as alcoholic and abusive.

F Wholer-
60, lives in the park behind Sandra’s home and was served search warrants by police. Wohler said he kissed Sandra on the lips two years ago just to be nice, when she was only 6-years-old.

Pastor Clifford Lane Lawless-
church is only about 100 yards away from the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park.

According to Tracy Press, Lawless has been pastor of the church since 1981 and has lived in the mobile home park with his wife since the mid-1990s.

Lawless is the fourth name to have come up in the investigation regarding Sandra.

D Slayter-
A friend of Sinclair, David Slayter, 44, whose home and cars were searched, was questioned by police last week. Slayter admitted Sandra had been in his home several times.

Hi riddlez, welcome to WS and thanks for you contributions. If you could paste a link when you are quoting news articles it would be very helpful and keep us out of trouble. :blowkiss: TIA

I mentioned this in the last thread...
One of the towed SUV's has out of state plates on it....
I think Wyoming....

Not sure if that is important...just noticed an out of state vehicle being towed by police...
It was on the local news ( I live about an hour form Tracy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle