CA-Sandra Cantu Missing/Located from Tracy, #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been reported in the media that this pond was previously searched and drained. Do we know when it was drained?
I understood that the pond was drained two weeks ago before Sandra went missing, and LE had only done a ground search on the adjacent area. MOO

If the church is a major part in the investigation....I was thinking in a small church usually it's certain volunteers that have their own keys to the building, like the alter guild or certain members of the financial team. It is a small church from what I understand and I'm sure it was kept locked when not in use. Maybe we should look into who would have access to the church alone? Perhaps the crime occurred in the church, maybe the crawl space. I just cannot imagine what led them to that crawl space! What again is the church called maybe they have a website? TIA

It's Clover Road Baptist Church, they do have a website, and the "members" link contains no names as it's "under construction."

If the church is a major part in the investigation....I was thinking in a small church usually it's certain volunteers that have their own keys to the building, like the alter guild or certain members of the financial team. It is a small church from what I understand and I'm sure it was kept locked when not in use. Maybe we should look into who would have access to the church alone? Perhaps the crime occurred in the church, maybe the crawl space. I just cannot imagine what led them to that crawl space! What again is the church called maybe they have a website? TIA

It's Clover Road Baptist Church and they have 2 websites: www.svng.com/tracy/
www.clover-road-baptist-church.com

It's Clover Road Baptist Church, they do have a website, and the "members" link contains no names as it's "under construction."

I missed that...so hard to keep up with all this. But thanks ^_^ I just think this is tied to someone that has access to that church!:waitasec:

I missed that...so hard to keep up with all this. But thanks ^_^ I just think this is tied to someone that has access to that church!:waitasec:
It would seem so, with LE immediately going to the pastor's house, then to the church after recovering Sandra's remains. The question is what was inside that bag that led them there? :waitasec:

It's been reported in the media that this pond was previously searched and drained. Do we know when it was drained?
It was filled about 2 weeks ago and drained the day the luggage was found. I believe the AREA had been searched but not the actual pond. The luggage was not there when they filled the pond.

As far as the depth of the pond, a reporter took a drive from the mobile park to the ponds. From the road, the sides of the pond look like a high levee.

When they were draining the pond, the luggage popped up - that is how it has been portrayed, meaning that it was not VISIBLE until some draining occurred.

right i would kill to have one of those bulletins right about now! What kind of things would be unique to a church? maybe this is some kind of satanic ritual or something they really have alot of violent rituals anyone know more about it?

right i would kill to have one of those bulletins right about now! What kind of things would be unique to a church? maybe this is some kind of satanic ritual or something they really have alot of violent rituals anyone know more about it?

I don't think they have satanic rituals at CRBC. Their statement of faith (on their website) seems pretty normal for a baptist church. And the rest of his family members seem to be pretty normal Christian young people (per their myspace pages). But I would like to see a bulletin as well!

I thought this is a mainstream Baptist church, not some cult like the Peoples Temple (Jim Jones) or such. MOO

A baptistry, where new members are baptized by full immersion into the Baptist faith, could have provided ample water for drowning Sandra before she was placed into the luggage and the luggage into the holding pond.

That would be unique to the church and especially to the area around the mhp (as she would not have been killed in the complex's swimming pool), and would, if the cause of death does turn out to be drowning--except not in pesticide-laced waters--provide a more likely scenario than devil worship. And almost more horrible to consider.

I'm sorry I was going by a interview either on JVM or NG with someone who mentioned that there was biological waste from animals in the water.

Exactly how deep are the ponds?
This came directly from Sgt. Tony Sheneman. I believe him.

I totally didn't mean to say the church was a hidden satanic cult...sorry guys! I just meant maybe the one person..i doubt it but i was just trying to think why a church would have anything to do with this crime. sorry guys promise im not crazy ^_^

In the video the reporter states that it looks like a pair of "work gloves"

Why would a maintenance worker keep only the gloves under the church/shed and not in the shed with the rest of the equipment? Something doesn't sound right with that picture.

I totally didn't mean to say the church was a hidden satanic cult...sorry guys! I just meant maybe the one person..i doubt it but i was just trying to think why a church would have anything to do with this crime. sorry guys promise im not crazy ^_^
Oh, ok ~ I'm sorry I misunderstood your post! :blowkiss:

Why would a maintenance worker keep only the gloves under the church/shed and not in the shed with the rest of the equipment? Something doesn't sound right with that picture.

Gloves get taken off, fall out of pockets, get misplaced, fall to the ground, get kicked, et much c., and I know that because I've lost every pair of work gloves I've ever owned! Still, it does seem odd.

Let's start dividing these discussions up since we have a forum now.

So are we dismissing that one guys claims that the luggage was going to be sold in a rummage sale at the church but it disappeared before that? I know he said it was reported, but I'm thinking with it being a church issue it was probably reported to the pastor or someone like that. Not the police so they wouldn't have a record of it.
Also it is common for members to get keys if they do a lot of work at the church. My mom's had keys to our church for over 20 yrs.

If this has already been posted...sorry
I haven't been able to read through the threads much the past couple of days, I just scan through and I remembered seeing that the preacher man had several alias' but I couldn't locate then until now.

Alias’ for the preacher man
Clane Lawless
Clifford L Lawless
Clifford Lane Lawless
Cliford L Lawless
Lane C Lawless
Lane P Lawless
Clifford L Alwless

Former residences of the preacher man
Tracy , CA
Livermore , CA
Hawthorne , CA